Motorcycle open carry - Page 5

Motorcycle open carry

This is a discussion on Motorcycle open carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Perhaps its the same reason many other people Open Carry 1. Attention 2. Activism 3. Social engineering 4. Bravado...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Motorcycle open carry

Perhaps its the same reason many other people Open Carry

1. Attention
    2. Activism
    3. Social engineering
    4. Bravado
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Perhaps its the same reason many other people Open Carry

1. Attention
    2. Activism
    3. Social engineering
    Or perhaps it's a

1. matter of convenience in the heat to not sweat all over the leather/exposed sections of gun/grip
    2. because no one gives a crap or panics calling leo's thus making it a non issue including leo's who see open carry on bike regularly and know the law.
    CLASS3NH, Pete63 and OD* like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Or perhaps it's a

1. matter of convenience in the heat to not sweat all over the leather/exposed sections of gun/grip
    2. because no one gives a crap or panics calling leo's thus making it a non issue including leo's who see open carry on bike regularly and know the law.
    In the Northeast, we have a lotta sheeple driving through the area, and they certainly freak out with those who exhibit their Legal Right to OC. I will never damn anybody who wishes to OC ... I have done so, but choose to CC...Just too many Lun-a-tics in my area lookin for a reason to break my cookies..LOL
    AzQkr and OD* like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Or perhaps it's a

sure buddy, it may be any number of perfectly plausible explanations but that fact doesn't really negate anything that I have said. At least as far as I can tell.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Distinguished Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    We all have to make our own choices....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    B. Even if I wasn't in a club/wearing a leather vest, I'd not not keep a pistol in such a rig. Too slow to access. Just like @RedSafety brought up in another thread, most all clothing designs fail when it comes to adding a weapons carrying option.

In my opinion, you pretty much can't improve on a "holster on belt" carry for most times. Not to say I don't pocket carry also, but it's in a holster in my pocket. I do own two shoulder rig's. But they are't cheap, & I rarely use either.
    My vest is modified to hold the pistol at nearly horizontal position, somewhat muzzle down. Quick access.

Holster on a belt is out of the question for me, as I can't carry more than a few hours (maybe 3) before needing a chiro. I just bought a cheap belly band to test it, the $15 WallyWorld special. If that works out reasonably well, then I'll probably invest in the 3Speed.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty8613 View Post
    Iím curious as to what riders open carry and why.

I ride. I live in the DFW Tx area and I open carry while riding.

My reasoning:
    Getting cut off from DFW on ramps from the right is far reduced with a visible sidearm. I get cut off most in a car, a little less riding and significantly less openly armed. Some folks will push past a car, fewer past a bike and lots fewer past an armed biker.

I just sold the CZ 99021 I carried since it was black and not so visible. Iím currently acquiring a CZ-82 as that model is specifically designed for use with heavy gloves. Itís nickel coated as well, to be more visible. Might as well wear a model I can actually use should it come to it. I ride gloved.

I move to concealed when not riding. The bike has lockable hard bags for this reason. Iíll already have a concealed on or one available in the bags.

I only open carry while riding, fishing or hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I canít offer input on open carry. I did want to say good on you for wearing gloves. Iíve almost lost two fingers with gloves on during a motorcycle accident. Definitely would have lost them if I had not worn gloves. I feel a lot of riders underestimate the need for gloves. Good on you

Quote Originally Posted by 033111 View Post
    While I canít offer input on open carry. I did want to say good on you for wearing gloves. Iíve almost lost two fingers with gloves on during a motorcycle accident. Definitely would have lost them if I had not worn gloves. I feel a lot of riders underestimate the need for gloves. Good on you
    I play violin and viola. Risk is fine, but itís smart to take precautions.

glockman10mm likes this.

I play violin and viola. Risk is fine, but itís smart to take precautions.

At 54, I just started learning the violin, and I think about protecting my hands now more than ever, although after 7 months I still have terrible bowing
    Pete63 likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sure buddy, it may be any number of perfectly plausible explanations but that fact doesn't really negate anything that I have said. At least as far as I can tell.
    No, it doesn't negate it [ nor was it meant to ], it counters your negative connotations with some positives. No more or less.
    OD* likes this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Motorcycle open carry

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    At 54, I just started learning the violin, and I think about protecting my hands now more than ever, although after 7 months I still have terrible bowing
    Off topic but itís my thread.

Bring a violinist for 40 years sure makes me not give one crap about a heavy trigger. Road rash is another story. This is what prompted me to ask about gun choice in particular. CZ-82 and 83 are designed for heavy gloves

glockman10mm likes this.

Off topic but itís my thread.

Bring a violinist for 40 years sure makes me not give one crap about a heavy trigger. Road rash is another story. This is what prompted me to ask about gun choice in particular. CZ-82 and 83 are designed for heavy gloves

Now I understand more of the choice.

So so let me ask you this; how long will it take before my bowing gets what would be considered ....pretty good?
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Now I understand more of the choice.

So so let me ask you this; how long will it take before my bowing gets what would be considered ....pretty good?
    Letís see, the 1st 3 years of concerts in middle school sounded like torture sessions for herds of cats. The 4th year. Mind you this is training 1 hour a day school days and lazy summers. By the 4th year we could compete in UIL. My mother loves to tell stories about me following her around the house playing the intro to Fiddler on the Roof around that time frame. Solo training.... 2nd year maybe for bowing. Speed on the left hand is harder to learn than bowing.

Here in AL, a motorcycle is considered a vehicle, and one must possess a permit to carry in/on a vehicle. Same applies to boats. Dumb, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by PackingPastor View Post
    Here in AL, a motorcycle is considered a vehicle, and one must possess a permit to carry in/on a vehicle. Same applies to boats. Dumb, I know.
    Texas is different in that you donít need a permit to carry in a vehicle. Iíd suggest it on a motorcycle though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links