Open Carry and public alcohol consumption - Page 5

Open Carry and public alcohol consumption

This is a discussion on Open Carry and public alcohol consumption within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some people get excited about having a drink or two while carrying , most states a bac over .08 is considered dwi , Is it ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Open Carry and public alcohol consumption

flh
    Some people get excited about having a drink or two while carrying , most states a bac over .08 is considered dwi ,

Is it illegal to drink and drive ?

What no one talks about is drinking coffee , energy drinks , cigarettes , medications all of these thing have different affects on you , your judgement is altered ....

How many of us have medication that have a warning label, "do not operate heavy machinery" etc , and drive to work etc ..

If your unable to control your self to drink responsibility while carrying ..... your not responsible enough to carry ...

Rant completed ....

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I outgrew drinking to stupid over 40 years ago, now I only drink at home or if I am on the road in my motel room unless they have a bar in the building then I might have a couple then walk back to my room.
    Me too. Too paranoid to drive because I worry about the other idiot hitting me.
    I think in NC where I live today but moving to FL full-time this weekend, no booze in the bloodstream while carrying. Didn't know FL allows you to carry while under the .08.
    msgt/ret and scottync like this.

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Guns and Alcohol don`t mix!. Recipe for Disaster!.
    CLASS3NH likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Instymp View Post
    Me too. Too paranoid to drive because I worry about the other idiot hitting me.
    I think in NC where I live today but moving to FL full-time this weekend, no booze in the bloodstream while carrying. Didn't know FL allows you to carry while under the .08.
    "Technically," there is no limit on alcohol consumption by statute while carrying in FL. One cannot "handle" (Loaded and in hand) a firearm while under the influence "except" in self defense. Nothing prevents a lawful carrier from doing so while falling-down drunk. Still, only a fool would want to add that baggage to any firearm-related incident, justified or not.
    Instymp likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

An establishment that serves drunks is trashy. The people you elect to serve are a reflection on you and your business practices.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "Technically," there is no limit on alcohol consumption by statute while carrying in FL. One cannot "handle" (Loaded and in hand) a firearm while under the influence "except" in self defense. Nothing prevents a lawful carrier from doing so while falling-down drunk. Still, only a fool would want to add that baggage to any firearm-related incident, justified or not.
    Thanks Man & I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    Not everywhere.

In at least my state (Florida), you can have alcohol in your system as long as you are not over the limit. Its basically the same for driving. As twisted as it sounds, I can go have one beer (while carrying) but if I have like 8 more ounces @ 7.5% ABV, I think I'm over the limit. And I can't sit at a bar, but i can sit at a table across from the bar.

I personally wouldn't drink any and carry though.
    It's different here in NC. NC in general really likes their rules to be as absolute and ridiculous as possible.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    Not everywhere.

In at least my state (Florida), you can have alcohol in your system as long as you are not over the limit. Its basically the same for driving. As twisted as it sounds, I can go have one beer (while carrying) but if I have like 8 more ounces @ 7.5% ABV, I think I'm over the limit. And I can't sit at a bar, but i can sit at a table across from the bar.

I personally wouldn't drink any and carry though.
    Just for clarification, a person can be flat-out drunk and still carry in FL (790.151). The violation comes into effect with "using" a firearm, which, by statute definition, requires it to be "in hand." Having it holstered is not a violation of carry laws.

A blood level of .05 and below is not under the influence per statute. Above .05 to .10 is not "de facto" evidence of being U/I without supporting evidence. Above .10 is lawfully under the influence.

All the above is null and void if exercising self defense or defense of one's property--but I would not have to add that factor to any incident nor risk giving the Dept. of AG & CS reason to consider revoking a CWFL.
    Old Man and msgt/ret like this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

One of the 10 Commandments of Firearms safety......... Guns and Alcohol don't mix.......Sometimes unfortunate, but true! Just my opinion here.
    Wavygravy likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    One of the 10 Commandments of Firearms safety......... Guns and Alcohol don't mix.......Sometimes unfortunate, but true! Just my opinion here.
    True. Mixing them makes the gun oil float to the top of the alcohol. Leaves an ugly skim on it.
    CLASS3NH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    True. Mixing them makes the gun oil float to the top of the alcohol. Leaves an ugly skim on it.
    Also becomes a bit Gritty with all that excess powder residue too!
    OldVet likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I carry 100% of the time, therefore I only drink at home

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links