RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY - Page 3

RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY

This is a discussion on RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Risasi Here is the thing...this incident happened Aug 22nd. At least thatís when the video first surfaced. Walmart didnít announce their ban ...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree487Likes

Thread: RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    Here is the thing...this incident happened Aug 22nd. At least thatís when the video first surfaced. Walmart didnít announce their ban until Sept 2nd. They banned him before the official ban went into effect. From all Walmartís. And Samís clubs. In the entire nation.

As one earlier poster mentioned, he has no other place to shop in his town. Iíve been in AZ, CO, NM in similar places where you have to drive a couple hours...just to get to a Walmart. This is actually going to put a huge hardship on millions of people. Let that sink in.
    Actually the only folks who will experience any hardship will be the gun owners/carriers who stand firm on their principles. All others will continue to spend their money supporting the anti gun efforts of Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety because... well... concealed means concealed.

Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.
    (see post #2 for a link)
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    That's a bit of a stretch. I don't think millions of people open carry in Walmart. Let's not give the b----ards more credit than they deserve.
    Itís a bit of a stretch now...what about five years from now when this same group of them have banned CC? All you need is Walmart, Kroger and Albertsons. With all of their subsidiaries now where are you going to shop?
    gatorbait51 and baren like this.

I know where this is going. First it's OC, then it turns into no CC signs popping up at the front doors.
    If idiots like this continue to ignore Walmart's very clear statement that they don't want you open carrying in their stores that's exactly where it's going to go

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    If idiots like this continue to ignore Walmart's very clear statement that they don't want you open carrying in their stores that's exactly where it's going to go
    Eh, you donít get it either. Itís not about OC in the long run. Itís about the right kind of people shopping and keeping a livelihood. If youíre not the right kind of people, well sucks to be you. Youíll have to shop somewhere else. Too bad a dozen or so entities own all the chain stores for buying necessities like food and clothes.

Do a little research. This has happened before. Expect a national list to be created and our names to end up in it...if there isnít one already. Youíre going to be deplatformed from life.

https://alphahistory.com/holocaust/anti-jewish-laws/

In my little town, OC is against store policy in:

Walmart
    Target
    Meijer
    CVS
    Walgreens
    Starbucks

Other regional or national stores that prohibit OC don't make it this far north.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And Wal Mart will actively help CC go the way of OC:

From Wal Mart's own website:

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies

Under "Firearms and Ammunition Guidelines

Selling Firearms Responsibly
    -snip-

Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.-snip-
    We the People have a lot more say about Walmart's decisions than you might think. Their net operating margin is only 2.5%. Even a 2.5% boycott percentage is enough to cut profits by 100% down to nothing.

That's a very loud voice.

RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY-boycott-walmar.jpg
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yep, thatís my city. Irony for me is that he is maybe the 4th person I have seen all year OC around here.
    Also ironic is that someone was there to film it. What a coincidence....
    G-man* and msgt/ret like this.

Eh, you donít get it either. Itís not about OC in the long run. Itís about the right kind of people shopping and keeping a livelihood. If youíre not the right kind of people, well sucks to be you. Youíll have to shop somewhere else. Too bad a dozen or so entities own all the chain stores for buying necessities like food and clothes.

Do a little research. This has happened before. Expect a national list to be created and our names to end up in it...if there isnít one already. Youíre going to be deplatformed from life.

https://alphahistory.com/holocaust/anti-jewish-laws/
    Yes, because carrying a gun is the same as a race or religious affiliation. Come on, man! Bringing the holocaust into this is an irresponsible thing to do.
    Wavygravy and maxwell97 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    A seven cop response to a non crime seems like a bit of showmanship to me on both ends of the issue.
    How do you know the entire situation or how do you know what the person will do when confronted by one officer. The officers so not deserve criticism for just doing their jobs.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    Also ironic is that someone was there to film it. What a coincidence....
    Really? If there were 300 people in the store there were 300 cell phones.

I don't feel sorry for the guy he went in OC knowing what will happen. I went into a WM at 0400 this am as it's my only option at these hours except for something like a 7-11. I wear my Glock IWB and it does imprint some depending on the shirts I wear. I didn't care as I knew it wasn't banned. That said. He may be banned but I guarantee he can go to the next WM and shop until his hearts content.

As one earlier poster mentioned, he has no other place to shop in his town. Iíve been in AZ, CO, NM in similar places where you have to drive a couple hours...just to get to a Walmart. This is actually going to put a huge hardship on millions of people. Let that sink in.
    I have a tough time believing that Walmart is the only store in Lexington, KY, let alone the only store within a couple hours drive. It has been a few years since I have been in Lexington but....
    maxwell97 likes this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

The hapless gent in the video will soon find his Social Credit Score plummeting like a runaway Otis Elevator.

Before you know it, he won't be able to do a DAMN thing in China, either...

Like somebody said, "sucks to be him."
    matthew03 likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley View Post
    Really? If there were 300 people in the store there were 300 cell phones.
    And the video posted by a group who goes around and records police encounters....did you see that part?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    I have a tough time believing that Walmart is the only store in Lexington, KY, let alone the only store within a couple hours drive. It has been a few years since I have been in Lexington but....
    Hi Bob, I was thinking of our fearless moron in the video. Actually talking about one of the posters here when I said this;

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurgeMan View Post
    Wish I could say the same. I live in a college town and the two stores here are a walmart, and a walmart neighborhood market. I have no other stores to go to for food, and nothing else for clothes, they have a monopoly here. I have to begrudgingly shop there, because the only other alternative is to quite literally not have food. (unless I want to eat out every day)
    I think the schmuck in the video is a bit of a jackass, and brought some it upon himself. Not all of it though. I found his original video and he'd been waiting at the gun counter for 20 minutes with $500 he wanted to spend on a firearm (allegedly).
    But my point is where this is going. What happens when we start appearing on a "business blacklist" of sorts? Akin to that "no-fly zone" the TSA keeps. "Oh, you were naughty in Walmart three years ago, and you're one of those open carriers. Sorry you are banned from shopping here at Safeway (Albertson's subsidiary)...No, you can't go to City Market either (Owned by Kroger)." Good luck getting removed from such a secret list.

Back in the olden days this guy could have had his nose rubbed in it and smacked with a newspaper and then learned his lesson. Maybe move out West and start over. Now, with the advent of facial recognition, databases of identities that can be cross-referenced with Fakebook. It will start slow, but they are going to force compliance by economic means.

Boil the frog. It won't be this year. They will probably wait until after Trump's 2nd term, go after OC'ers for now since they are a small minority and then turn up the heat on CC, depending upon who gets in office.
    TimBob and Bad Bob like this.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links