RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY - Page 4

RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY

This is a discussion on RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Risasi Itís a bit of a stretch now...what about five years from now when this same group of them have banned CC? ...

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree487Likes

Thread: RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    Itís a bit of a stretch now...what about five years from now when this same group of them have banned CC? All you need is Walmart, Kroger and Albertsons. With all of their subsidiaries now where are you going to shop?
    At their stores until they install metal detectors and staff to monitor them. You really think they are going to have people go through them single file taking out their keys and whatnot and putting them in baskets like at the airport?
    Aceoky likes this.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    The guy did nothing wrong. Did the manager go up to him and ask him to leave or to conceal his weapon?
    Or did she just call the police. Guy was not acting unreasonable in front of the police. I think if the manager had just asked him he would have complied.
    But she had to push the issue.
    And 7 count them 7 police for this! Talk about overkill.
    Walmart has nothing I can't get elsewhere, I am not a wealthy man but I will pay extra to shop somewhere else. My principals are worth more than the few bucks saved on cheap crap.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    The guy did nothing wrong. Did the manager go up to him and ask him to leave or to conceal his weapon?
    Or did she just call the police. Guy was not acting unreasonable in front of the police. I think if the manager had just asked him he would have complied.
    But she had to push the issue.
    And 7 count them 7 police for this! Talk about overkill.
    And they blamed the guy for that, like it was his decision how many police should respond
    since9 and tcbradbury98 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    At their stores until they install metal detectors and staff to monitor them. You really think they are going to have people go through them single file taking out their keys and whatnot and putting them in baskets like at the airport?
    Device Now Let?s Smartphone Users Scan A Person For Concealed Firearms From Up To 40 Feet Away ? Concealed Nation

Vaporware right now, but they are working on it...

People talk about Orwell all the time. The guys who were more accurate though are Huxley and Philip K Dick.

P.S. Dang, they are further along than anticipated: https://ktla.com/2019/02/27/sword-ip...s-knives-demo/

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    A seven cop response to a non crime seems like a bit of showmanship to me on both ends of the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley View Post
    How do you know the entire situation or how do you know what the person will do when confronted by one officer. The officers so not deserve criticism for just doing their jobs.
    Oh please. That's Kentucky. I doubt seriously that a lone shopper legally carrying openly while minding his own business there is all that rare or alarming to anyone. This looks a lot like something that was orchestrated and filmed successfully for effect.
    Aceoky likes this.

Device Now Let?s Smartphone Users Scan A Person For Concealed Firearms From Up To 40 Feet Away ? Concealed Nation

Vaporware right now, but they are working on it...

People talk about Orwell all the time. The guys who were more accurate though are Huxley and Philip K Dick.
    Damn, it's getting worse everyday

Ex Member
    The question I have is what was the paper presented by the Officer? It was hard for me to hear the audio clearly (hearing aids). I suspect the paper was a citation for trespassing, but I am not certain of that. Could it have been a notice of being banned by Walmart? If it was the Officer had no business handing it to the man since it in not LE work. I do think the Officer was professional in his duty.

As for the open carrying man who would not leave the store I think he did a disservice to us who carry. I know it was his 2A right to OC. However, in light of the recent Walmart shootings and the growing sensitivity about gun crime all he did (in my not so humble opinion) was to make gun owners seem recalcitrant and uncaring about people's perceptions. That is just bad PR for us. Which headline do you think reads more favorably for gun owners?

Man openly carrying a gun in Walmart refused to leave the tore when ask to do so.

Man openly carrying a gun in Walmart complies with the stores request that he not openly carry a gun in the store.

I am a staunch 2A supporter, so I think that doing anything that makes some of the public question the actions of a gun owner is just foolish and does us no good.
    Wavygravy, maxwell97 and since9 like this.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Was he asked to leave and did not comply?
    If that is the case then they should have called the police.
    Does anyone know the facts?

I couldn't tell by the video if he was previously asked to leave and refused or not. I was assuming that Walmart just swatted the guy.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Was he asked to leave and did not comply?
    If that is the case then they should have called the police.
    Does anyone know the facts?
    All we have is his word. I do know the video was posted August 22nd. It is my understanding that Walmart didn't do their announcement and nationwide ban until Sept 2nd. Here is the guy's facebook posting:

https://www.facebook.com/jakeadkins1...71?__tn__=KH-R

If he's not lying;

- He was waiting at the gun counter for an employee.
    - Called for service about 4 times. Waiting 25 minutes and pulls up a lawn chair.
    - Someone sees "MWAG" in a lawn chair and calls the cops.

Look, I think he was staging this a bit hoping for a reaction. But the precedent has been set. Banned for life for legally carrying, at the time.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    So, if I understand this correctly, but without specific dates to match things up, the timeline of this is:

Last week Walmart issues a statement via national news media that it no longer allows open carry in their stores.
    Then this guy challenges the policy by open carrying in one of the stores, where he is then issued a citation by local police and informed that he is now banned from all Walmart and Sam's properties nationwide.

IF that is the correct timeline then all I can say is this guy was justly served.
    And, as usual, Stupid games = Stupid prizes.
    Wavygravy and G-man* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    I have a tough time believing that Walmart is the only store in Lexington, KY, let alone the only store within a couple hours drive. It has been a few years since I have been in Lexington but....
    Im not sure the number, because I try not to spend any more time here than I need to, but there are 4 that I can think of.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    All we have is his word. I do know the video was posted August 22nd. It is my understanding that Walmart didn't do their announcement and nationwide ban until Sept 2nd. Here is the guy's facebook posting:

If he's not lying;

- Called for service about 4 times. Waiting 25 minutes and pulls up a lawn chair.

Look, I think he was staging this a bit hoping for a reaction. But the precedent has been set. Banned for life for legally carrying, at the time.
    Nobody seems to grasp that this happened BEFORE the walmart announcement.
    Risasi, spclopr8tr and Aceoky like this.

If he's not lying;

Its a good thing that someone called the police; it saved his life, because he would have turned in to skeletal remains before anyone actually showed up at the sporting goods counter.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Oh please. That's Kentucky. I doubt seriously that a lone shopper legally carrying openly while minding his own business there is all that rare or alarming to anyone. This looks a lot like something that was orchestrated and filmed successfully for effect.
    Yeah sure.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links