RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY - Page 5

RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY

This is a discussion on RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Novarider Nobody seems to grasp that this happened BEFORE the walmart announcement. That wasn't made clear in the video but it was ...

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree487Likes

Thread: RIP OC - Man Banned from Walmart in Lexington, KY

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Nobody seems to grasp that this happened BEFORE the walmart announcement.

That wasn't made clear in the video but it was on his Facebook post.

Either way though by his own account he went in there intending to cause some kind of confrontation and was apparently YELLING for assistance.

According to him it wasn't Walmart that called the police. Some shopper called it in as a MWAG gun call.

I just can't make myself feel any sympathy for him. He went there looking for a reaction and he got one.

I'm absolutely convinced it's that people like hime that you have to thank for Walmart deciding to ban open carry and I'm also convinced that if people like him continue to push the issue Walmart will ban all carry in their stores

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Nobody seems to grasp that this happened BEFORE the walmart announcement.
    Perhaps nobody really cares.
    rotorhead1026 likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    The guy did nothing wrong. Did the manager go up to him and ask him to leave or to conceal his weapon?
    Or did she just call the police. Guy was not acting unreasonable in front of the police. I think if the manager had just asked him he would have complied.
    But she had to push the issue.
    And 7 count them 7 police for this! Talk about overkill.
    Walmart has nothing I can't get elsewhere, I am not a wealthy man but I will pay extra to shop somewhere else. My principals are worth more than the few bucks saved on cheap crap.
    Unfortunately the video does not show what he was doing to get the manager's attn. We don;t get to see what his behavior was like before the cops showed up. This may have had nothing at all to do with him OC'ing. DR

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    All we have is his word. I do know the video was posted August 22nd. It is my understanding that Walmart didn't do their announcement and nationwide ban until Sept 2nd. Here is the guy's facebook posting:

https://www.facebook.com/jakeadkins1...71?__tn__=KH-R

If he's not lying;

- He was waiting at the gun counter for an employee.
    - Called for service about 4 times. Waiting 25 minutes and pulls up a lawn chair.
    - Someone sees "MWAG" in a lawn chair and calls the cops.

Look, I think he was staging this a bit hoping for a reaction. But the precedent has been set. Banned for life for legally carrying, at the time.
    Was he banned for carrying? Or was he banned for what ever else he was doing? Thats what we can't know from this brief clip.

Learning that this incident occurred *before* the Walmart announcement clouds the matter in my mind. It's obviously not what I thought it was. Who knows what all the facts of it are?
    Aceoky and TimBob like this.

Eh, you donít get it either. Itís not about OC in the long run. Itís about the right kind of people shopping and keeping a livelihood. If youíre not the right kind of people, well sucks to be you. Youíll have to shop somewhere else. Too bad a dozen or so entities own all the chain stores for buying necessities like food and clothes.

Do a little research. This has happened before. Expect a national list to be created and our names to end up in it...if there isnít one already. Youíre going to be deplatformed from life.

https://alphahistory.com/holocaust/anti-jewish-laws/
    That's when their tea gets tossed in the bay, just like our ancestors before us who got fed up with the BS.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Really, with all the news reports on Walmart's policy changes, how hard would it have been to pull the darn shirt over the gun? Seems he wanted to push the issue and now he gets to deal with the push-back. Like the cop told him, his stunt took seven officers off the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    He asked for attention and he got attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    The question I have is what was the paper presented by the Officer? It was hard for me to hear the audio clearly (hearing aids). I suspect the paper was a citation for trespassing, but I am not certain of that. Could it have been a notice of being banned by Walmart? If it was the Officer had no business handing it to the man since it in not LE work. I do think the Officer was professional in his duty.

As for the open carrying man who would not leave the store I think he did a disservice to us who carry. I know it was his 2A right to OC. However, in light of the recent Walmart shootings and the growing sensitivity about gun crime all he did (in my not so humble opinion) was to make gun owners seem recalcitrant and uncaring about people's perceptions. That is just bad PR for us. Which headline do you think reads more favorably for gun owners?

Man openly carrying a gun in Walmart refused to leave the tore when ask to do so.

Man openly carrying a gun in Walmart complies with the stores request that he not openly carry a gun in the store.

I am a staunch 2A supporter, so I think that doing anything that makes some of the public question the actions of a gun owner is just foolish and does us no good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    That wasn't made clear in the video but it was on his Facebook post.

Either way though by his own account he went in there intending to cause some kind of confrontation and was apparently YELLING for assistance.

According to him it wasn't Walmart that called the police. Some shopper called it in as a MWAG gun call.

I just can't make myself feel any sympathy for him. He went there looking for a reaction and he got one.

I'm absolutely convinced it's that people like him that you have to thank for Walmart deciding to ban open carry and I'm also convinced that if people like him continue to push the issue Walmart will ban all carry in their stores
    Agree with all the above, and not just at WalMart.
    airslot likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Its a good thing that someone called the police; it saved his life, because he would have turned in to skeletal remains before anyone actually showed up at the sporting goods counter.
    I was the first person in a line of about 6 people waiting to buy ammo a few months back, we had all pushed the call button several times, with no one showing up. I figured out how to make an announcement over the speaker system. Oh you should have seen the people show up then.

Everyone was dying laughing at my announcement, except the manager, he wanted to lecture me on using their phone, You know my level of not interested in BS, I bid him a good day and left.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

We, as gun owners, must accommodate our behavior to fit the world environment. You would not likely light a match right after someone says, "I think I smell gas", even if you were really jonesing for a cigarette. I understand the gradual nipping at the second amendment....much like Paul Bunyan and his blue ox and I don't know where it will stop, but if people continue to press the limits of the envelope others, innocents perhaps, will pay the price in public opinion. I go about my business trying to be "the gray man", perhaps the so called activists might think about that.
    100% of home invasions occur......in someone's home.....usually without warning.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbadger View Post
    We, as gun owners, must accommodate our behavior to fit the world environment. You would not likely light a match right after someone says, "I think I smell gas", even if you were really jonesing for a cigarette. I understand the gradual nipping at the second amendment....much like Paul Bunyan and his blue ox and I don't know where it will stop, but if people continue to press the limits of the envelope others, innocents perhaps, will pay the price in public opinion. I go about my business trying to be "the gray man", perhaps the so called activists might think about that.
    Some people believe that the best way to protect their freedoms is to deliberately exercise them in the most obnoxious ways possible, and dare others to stop them. Then, when someone stops them, they get to complain self-righteously about the unfairness of the world, which ultimately is what they really want.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Some people believe that the best way to protect their freedoms is to deliberately exercise them in the most obnoxious ways possible, and dare others to stop them. Then, when someone stops them, they get to complain self-righteously about the unfairness of the world, which ultimately is what they really want.
    Some people think hiding their freedoms will protect them from those who would take them away and then when their freedoms are taken away they complain about those who would not hide them.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

VIP Member

Not a fan of the stupid intro...I'm guessing he was being a moron and it drew attention.

Note: @1:45 He's told he is banned from ALL Walmarts and Sam's Club locations NATIONWIDE. Because of the monopolies in chain stores this could have a HUGE impact on many person's daily lives. That could be a real gut punch to an individual or family. On the Rez when we go back to visit family unless it's a trading post you're 1-3 hours away from any store...which is Walmart or Sam's Club. Even in regular Anytown USA with a population of 5k-25k you're probably doing most of your shopping at Wally World.

We're going to need some alternative stores to shop at if this keeps up. I know where this is going. First it's OC, then it turns into no CC signs popping up at the front doors. Then they will make us wear six pointed stars on our garments when we're out in public because our online shopping habits have red-flagged us as potentially unstable...
    That is one sorry video, btw. No context, no lead-in and a whole bunch of confusing audio.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Some people think hiding their freedoms will protect them from those who would take them away and then when their freedoms are taken away they complain about those who would not hide them.
    And some people just like jousting at windmills for the fun of it. Sometimes they get caught in the blades.
    Last edited by spclopr8tr; September 10th, 2019 at 06:00 PM.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    And some people just like joisting at windmills for the fun of it. Sometimes they get caught in the blades.
    And some can't understand that if no one fights then those who built the windmills win.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And some can't understand that if no one fights then those who built the windmills win.
    It's too late. I can see that now. The oligarchy-ineptocracy has identified the weak link. We will fragment.

"First they came for the OC'er, but I did not speak out - for I was not an OC'er..." (and I'm typically not)

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links