Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC - Page 16

Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC

This is a discussion on Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cowboy44mag You make an excellent point. Would be devious and incredibly well thought out. Act like you are an over the top ...

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy44mag View Post
    You make an excellent point. Would be devious and incredibly well thought out. Act like you are an over the top zealot for gun rights when in fact you are the catalyst driving gun regulation... Damn if that is true the anti-gun nuts are more intelligent than I ever gave them credit for.
    You would be surprised at the lengths they will go to in order to achieve their goal.....the disarmament of US citizens.

You think some jerk making an ass out of himself with a public display in Walmart is acting in your best interest? Think again, my friend.
    AzQkr and maxwell97 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    The lack of support from the gun community for my perspective that had open carry been the normal method of carrying guns for the past many decades the public would already be accustomed to seeing guns is more a testament to the effectiveness of the anti gun "guns are scary" propaganda having worked on the gun community equally as effective as it has on the general public than it is about whether what I'm saying is valid or not.
    INCORRECT Bikenut. My state of Az. is one of the longest running open carry states in the country. Seeing people OC here isn't prevalent after nearly 100 years of acceptable open carry.

But you may find this interesting

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...est-180968013/

It's October 26, 1881, in Tombstone, and Arizona is not yet a state. The laws of Tombstone at the time required visitors, upon entering town to disarm, either at a hotel or a lawman's office. (Residents of many famed cattle towns, such as Dodge City, Abilene, and Deadwood, had similar restrictions.) But these cowboys had no intention of doing so as they strolled around town with Colt revolvers and Winchester rifles in plain sight. Earlier on this fateful day, Virgil had disarmed one cowboy forcefully, while Wyatt confronted another and county sheriff Johnny Behan failed to persuade two more to turn in their firearms.

Gun restrictions, and particularly open carrying of firearms were in place in many venues in this state even before we were a state.
    M1911A1 and Mike1956 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And when someone is against OC they are forcing their views onto someone who might want nothing to do with that view. Not to mention those gun owners who rail against OC are helping the anti gun agenda propaganda of guns are bad because the anti gunners can say even gun owners don't like guns to be seen in public.

As far as I know there isn't any right for anyone to require others to live in a way that doesn't offend them by exposing them, or their children, to guns.
    But as a counterpoint, do people have a right to offend? As I stated in my previous post, most of the people who are creating the ruckus want to create a ruckus. I'm not even sure they believe in the 2nd amendment. They may very well be antis who have figured out that they can strap up with ballistic vests and AR's and terrorize the folks at Kroger and achieve their ultimate goal. And some folks glibly go along and defend their right to do it.
    Interesting since there is no way to prevent from offending someone somewhere by something.

I still am of the opinion that if folks had been open carrying instead of hiding their guns for the past many decades society would be accustomed to seeing gun in public and there wouldn't be any ruckus.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Really? And where on that map is the States where seeing guns, not concealed guns but guns in plain sight, accepted?
    Who cares? Since when is that the goal? What that map shows is, over 33 years, we went from 41 states with may-issue (or no legal carry at all) to just eight with may-issue; and from one with unrestricted carry to 16 with unrestricted carry. It's been a massive win for the right to arms, and happened despite the fact that people were and remain uncomfortable with seeing guns in public.

Yet now, according to you, the only way to protect gun rights is to force people into any amateur form of exposure therapy, whether it's done with a simple holstered handgun, or a rifle and body armor that scare people into running away; and anyone who disagrees with this must be brainwashed by the anti-gun media. Well, I still believe it's a bad idea to use OC for political purposes unless it's done very carefully. There are many ways it can be approached that are both counter-productive and wrong-headed. We should applaud it when it's done right, and condemn it when it's done wrong.
    AzQkr and MYMOMSSON like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

DG
    Interesting since there is no way to prevent from offending someone somewhere by something.

I still am of the opinion that if folks had been open carrying instead of hiding their guns for the past many decades society would be accustomed to seeing gun in public and there wouldn't be any ruckus.
    You're either missing the point or intentionally ignoring it. I suspect the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    The lack of support from the gun community for my perspective that had open carry been the normal method of carrying guns for the past many decades the public would already be accustomed to seeing guns is more a testament to the effectiveness of the anti gun "guns are scary" propaganda having worked on the gun community equally as effective as it has on the general public than it is about whether what I'm saying is valid or not.
    INCORRECT Bikenut. My state of Az. is one of the longest running open carry states in the country. Seeing people OC here isn't prevalent after nearly 100 years of acceptable open carry.

But you may find this interesting

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...est-180968013/

It's October 26, 1881, in Tombstone, and Arizona is not yet a state. The laws of Tombstone at the time required visitors, upon entering town to disarm, either at a hotel or a lawman's office. (Residents of many famed cattle towns, such as Dodge City, Abilene, and Deadwood, had similar restrictions.) But these cowboys had no intention of doing so as they strolled around town with Colt revolvers and Winchester rifles in plain sight. Earlier on this fateful day, Virgil had disarmed one cowboy forcefully, while Wyatt confronted another and county sheriff Johnny Behan failed to persuade two more to turn in their firearms.

Gun restrictions, and particularly open carrying of firearms were in place in many venues in this state even before we were a state.
    Of course there were restrictions. There are restrictions even today. And who allowed, is allowing, it to stand? And who helps keep current restrictions, and help fund future restrictions, by shopping at businesses they know fund anti gun organizations?
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Really? And where on that map is the States where seeing guns, not concealed guns but guns in plain sight, accepted?
    Who cares? Since when is that the goal? What that map shows is, over 33 years, we went from 41 states with may-issue (or no legal carry at all) to just eight with may-issue; and from one with unrestricted carry to 16 with unrestricted carry. It's been a massive win for the right to arms, and happened despite the fact that people were and remain uncomfortable with seeing guns in public.

Yet now, according to you, the only way to protect gun rights is to force people into any amateur form of exposure therapy, whether it's done with a simple holstered handgun, or a rifle and body armor that scare people into running away; and anyone who disagrees with this must be brainwashed by the anti-gun media. Well, I still believe it's a bad idea to use OC for political purposes unless it's done very carefully. There are many ways it can be approached that are both counter-productive and wrong-headed. We should applaud it when it's done right, and condemn it when it's done wrong.
    Our country, with the exception of the States with Constitutional carry, actually shows the progress of support for the privilege of government controlled concealed carry permits. And carry permits is not the right to bear arms but is the infringement that "shall not be infringed" was supposed to prevent. Trouble is gun owners themselves gave that away when they traded the right to bear arms for carry permits. And many gun owners are so enamored of government controlling the right to bear arms they support the federal government requiring national reciprocity of those carry permits.

So the right to bear arms has been traded for the government controlled privilege of carry permits... but then... who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    And when someone is against OC they are forcing their views onto someone who might want nothing to do with that view.

As far as I know there isn't any right for anyone to require others to live in a way that doesn't offend them by exposing them, or their children, to guns.
    Why would it have to be a right, how about just plain old common decency that the MAJORITY of people don't care to see firearms in and around them. The key word there is "see". You're now going to play the "rights" card, if something isn't enumerated in the Doc as a right, people can go pound sand if they don't like you open carrying?

Like I said, I open carry often enough. One can either choose to make it their lifes mission to open carry every chance they get, can decide they will not open carry, or like myself, open carry or conceal carry based on venue, weather and mood. I've not failed gun carriers by conceal carrying and I don't give a crap about about how much more acceptable seeing a handgun on a waist would be if everyone did so. My mission in life has never revolved around 2A, it's a non starter for me.
    The right to bear arms is not dependent upon what someone might consider "common decency".

And it is my opinion that folks considering the 2nd Amendment to be not important enough to support it in word and in deed IS how we got to where folks think adhering to the standard of common decency resulting from decades of hiding guns will appease the anti gun agenda.

Because, believe it or not, people can actually open carry without making an ass of themselves while doing it.

The people who are creating all the drama are people who want to create drama. They want the police and television cameras to show up when they open carry. They feel slighted if nobody notices that they are open carrying. I'm not against open carry. I'm against idiots carrying guns..period.....
    Those people have done well for gun rights in Texas. But how many of the people that youve seen open carrying in public are doing that, bs just going about their business like everyone else, except with a gun on their hip?

As far as idiot, Iím against idiots too. Open carrying doesnít make one less of an idiot than a concealed carrier.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Yes. Thatís not what Iím talking about though. Iím talking about the constant ridicule that comes from concealed carriers, all because people who who have the same goal go about it differently.

As far as your post is concerned, just as people have 2A rights, people also have 1A rights. Property owners are also entitled to their rights as property owners. So while they have the right to post their signs, people have the right to criticize them for it. Meanwhile, Bloombergís minions are going to Kroger and laying down across the aisles to prevent people from shopping because their gun policy was to follow local laws. But yeah, the guy buying bread who has a gun on his hip is the one making a scene...
    Where did that happen?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

You're either missing the point or intentionally ignoring it. I suspect the latter.
    I do not believe using the tactic of hiding guns in order to appease has actually appeased the anti gun agenda. I believe gun owners trying to appease has actually empowered the anti gunners to even more efforts and it's working simply because there isn't much visible resistance on a public and everyday level.

VIP Member

If frogs had wings--they don't, tho which is the reality we live with.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

If frogs had wings--they don't, tho which is the reality we live with.
    And I have not changed my opinion that if folks hadn't been hiding their guns for decades people might have become accustomed to seeing guns in daily life. But seeing as how they haven't been seeing guns everyday now we have the reality that you speak of.

Of course there were restrictions. There are restrictions even today. And who allowed, is allowing, it to stand? And who helps keep current restrictions, and help fund future restrictions, by shopping at businesses they know fund anti gun organizations?
    Private business funding anti gun orgs has no correlation to gov restrictions. The logic used to try and link the two is beyond me
    maxwell97 likes this.

So the right to bear arms has been traded for the government controlled privilege of carry permits... but then... who cares?
    And yet, we've seen 15 states go from not allowing carry, to allowing carry with a permit, to allowing carry with no permit. So, compared to 30 years ago, huge numbers of people who had no legal way to carry could get permits, and a huge number of those now don't need permits. So what exactly was "traded away?"
    AzQkr likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Sponsored Links