Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC - Page 3

Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC

This is a discussion on Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bikenut If some in OUR community hadn't been so damned happy to have a concealed means concealed secret open carry would already ...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    If some in OUR community hadn't been so damned happy to have a concealed means concealed secret open carry would already be ordinary to see and we'd not be seeing this fall out from businesses nor would there be such a strong anti gun push.

The question for us all is:
    Knowing Wal Mart has partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety, an organization that actively fights against gun rights, and some of the money you spend shopping there will support anti gun efforts will you still shop there?
    Maybe we should all quit paying our taxes simply because we don't approve of how they are spent.
    AzQkr, Wavygravy and Rotorflyr like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

If some in OUR community hadn't been so damned happy to have a concealed means concealed secret open carry would already be ordinary to see and we'd not be seeing this fall out from businesses nor would there be such a strong anti gun push.

Knowing Wal Mart has partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety, an organization that actively fights against gun rights, and some of the money you spend shopping there will support anti gun efforts will you still shop there?
    Yes I will still shop there when they have what I need/want. I have never concerned myself with this nonsense of boycotting for political reasons. IOW, I fail to care.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

Yes I will still shop there when they have what I need/want. I have never concerned myself with this nonsense of boycotting for political reasons. IOW, I fail to care.
    If the likes of Everytown for Gun Safety have their way no one will be able to carry guns anywhere effectively putting firearms instructors out of business. So you will help financially support the very folks who will use that money to take away your ability to make money through firearm instructing? I find that attitude... interesting.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

If the likes of Everytown for Gun Safety have their way no one will be able to carry guns anywhere effectively putting firearms instructors out of business. So you will help financially support the very folks who will use that money to take away your ability to make money through firearm instructing? I find that attitude... interesting.
    Like I said, I don't involve myself with political issues. I shop where I want, when I want if they have what I'm looking for. I don't believe everytown will "have their way" anytime soon, and certainly not in my lifetime. As I mentioned, "I fail to care". This country has far more pressing issues than worrying about where I can open carry and can't. Oh, wait, sign says no open carry, simple fix, throw the T over the grip, problem solved while I am where I want to be.

You may exercise your right/s to boycott for any number of reasons. I exercise my right/s to shop where I want when I want. They also have signs that say shoes are mandatory [ no barefoot in stores ]. Am I supposed to boycott them because I can't enter barefoot too?

Like I said, I don't involve myself with political issues. I shop where I want, when I want if they have what I'm looking for. I don't believe everytown will "have their way" anytime soon, and certainly not in my lifetime. As I mentioned, "I fail to care". This country has far more pressing issues than worrying about where I can open carry and can't. Oh, wait, sign says no open carry, simple fix, throw the T over the grip, problem solved while I am where I want to be.

You may exercise your right/s to boycott for any number of reasons. I exercise my right/s to shop where I want when I want. They also have signs that say shoes are mandatory [ no barefoot in stores ]. Am I supposed to boycott them because I can't enter barefoot too?
    I cannot understand why anyone would knowingly give money to finance the efforts of those who are opposed to what they believe in. Especially those who make money giving some of that money to those who are intent on eliminating that source of income.

You, and everyone else including me, can do whatever they wish to do. That is the great thing about freedom. However it is disturbing to see how many folks in the gun community are willing to fund anti gun organizations intent on ending the freedom to bear arms for mere convenience or to save themselves a few bucks.

On a personal level, as in for me personally, it is really discouraging to see an influential instructor having a similar attitude.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

I cannot understand why anyone would knowingly give money to finance the efforts of those who are opposed to what they believe in. Especially those who make money giving some of that money to those who are intent on eliminating that source of income.

You, and everyone else including me, can do whatever they wish to do. That is the great thing about freedom. However it is disturbing to see how many folks in the gun community are willing to fund anti gun organizations intent on ending the freedom to bear arms for mere convenience or to save themselves a few bucks.

On a personal level, as in for me personally, it is really discouraging to see an influential instructor having a similar attitude.
    You can be pro 2a and still be giving money to anti BOD members without ever knowing it. Researching every board members voting preference for every item I buy and then boycotting that business would be an exercise in futility, and a complete waste of time and energy [ just to make sure I don't step into a place that's owners are anti 2a ].

If it's about the principle of pro vs anti 2a, one will be hard pressed to boycott every product made by an anti 2a governing board of directors. On principle alone, one might find there's NO place left for them to shop that doesn't have at least one board member that's anti 2a who will benefit from the money I spend.
    Rotorflyr likes this.

You can be pro 2a and still be giving money to anti BOD members without ever knowing it. Researching every board members voting preference for every item I buy and then boycotting that business would be an exercise in futility, and a complete waste of time and energy [ just to make sure I don't step into a place that's owners are anti 2a ].

If it's about the principle of pro vs anti 2a, one will be hard pressed to boycott every product made by an anti 2a governing board of directors. On principle alone, one might find there's NO place left for them to shop that doesn't have at least one board member that's anti 2a who will benefit from the money I spend.
    Yes it is possible, actually likely, that each of us unknowingly spend money at a business that supports the anti gun agenda. But why would someone knowingly do that? I personally find it especially dismaying for any instructor that the gun community supports with money spent to gain benefit from the instructor's expertise knowingly give some of that money from those students to an organization that fights against the gun rights of those students.

Yes it is possible, actually likely, that each of us unknowingly spend money at a business that supports the anti gun agenda. But why would someone knowingly do that? I personally find it especially dismaying for any instructor that the gun community supports with money spent to gain benefit from the instructor's expertise knowingly give some of that money from those students to an organization that fights against the gun rights of those students.
    Well, it's like this Bikenut. Many of those students continue to shop at those places as well. I don't care how they spend their money, they shouldn't concern themselves with how I spend mine.
    G-man* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    What's with all the grocery stores suddenly turning anti?

If I owned a grocery store chain I'd come out and say open carry is welcome (where legal) and watch business increase.
    Because you get the AR-toting idiots who desire to make some Ill-conceived point that force companies to shift from a neutral stance to one side of the fence or another. That is exactly what began with Starbucks, and it all rests on the shoulders of the Pro-OC crowd that made Starbucks--without any prior requests nor permission--its gathering point for their show of support.

Whether declaring your business to be pro-gun increases your business will depend entirely on the local populace and what you offer--besides OC. You may get no more than a temporary change of customers.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Also @Bikenut (in the Advantages vs. Disadvantages of Open Carry Thread) -- "There was a time in this Nation when OC of both pistols and long guns was the norm and it was criminals who CC'd in order to have an element of surprise when they attacked their victims."

When was that time, Bikenut? The Old West? I grew up in a rural small town in Florida hunting and fishing. The only time I ever saw anyone open carrying in town were LEOs. In my adult life I have seen 2 (TWO) people that weren't LEOs open carrying in towns (except at my private gun club), and I live in a state where open carry is legal.

I think your clear intent on open carrying to prove that it is legal is misguided in the current state of our modern America, especially in crowded public places and stores like WalMart that have had mass shootings recently. I'll support your right to open carry where it's legal, but I won't join you -- and I won't care if/when you get in trouble if you open carry somewhere it is prohibited or causes panic. You are doing us all a disservice, imo. The world has changed. Societal norms have changed. Attitudes of a large percentage of the public towards open carry of guns in public have changed. We'd best be a mite cognizant of the facts.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGurgeMan View Post
    I wonder how people feel safer with everyone hiding their guns, rather than easily being able to see who has what. Perhaps they are just too busy looking at their phones.
    I have always subscribed to the adage. Better the devil I know than the devil I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Also @Bikenut (in the Advantages vs. Disadvantages of Open Carry Thread) -- "There was a time in this Nation when OC of both pistols and long guns was the norm and it was criminals who CC'd in order to have an element of surprise when they attacked their victims."

When was that time, Bikenut? The Old West? I grew up in a rural small town in Florida hunting and fishing. The only time I ever saw anyone open carrying in town were LEOs. In my adult life I have seen 2 (TWO) people that weren't LEOs open carrying in towns (except at my private gun club), and I live in a state where open carry is legal.

I think your clear intent on open carrying to prove that it is legal is misguided in the current state of our modern America, especially in crowded public places and stores like WalMart that have had mass shootings recently. I'll support your right to open carry where it's legal, but I won't join you -- and I won't care if/when you get in trouble if you open carry somewhere it is prohibited or causes panic. You are doing us all a disservice, imo. The world has changed. Societal norms have changed. Attitudes of a large percentage of the public towards open carry of guns in public have changed. We'd best be a mite cognizant of the facts.
    Yes attitudes in society have changed and I believe we in the gun community helped open carry become unaccepted by embracing a concealed means I got a secret concealed attitude.

As for when concealed carry was looked down on? Well lots of people lived before your and my time.

As much as I dislike using Wiki for a source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concea..._United_States

History
    Main article: History of concealed carry in the U.S.

History of concealed carry laws
    Concealed weapons bans were passed in Kentucky and Louisiana in 1813. (In those days open carry of weapons for self-defense was considered acceptable; concealed carry was denounced as the practice of criminals.) -snip-

That attitude was prevalent in society as late as during Prohibition when criminals carried concealed in order to use the element of surprise to sneak up on their victims just as criminals do today. And just like legal concealed carriers want to use that same concealed element of surprise to defend themselves.

As much as I wish all in the gun community would stand together I will still work for the right to bear arms for all even if the folks who think hiding the right to bear arms somehow protects that right are tacitly helping the anti gunners in their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by awanatech View Post
    Have you tried to carry openly at one of their facilities? They don't allow any firearms in their facilities, whether openly or concealed. I know that you meant to order online from home, but I can also order online from Costco, Kroger or any other retailer these days.
    Problem solved if concealing a gun is too hard for anyone...Online is the way to go

I figured it out....Grocery stores are banning open carry and the plan is genius....We are all going to starve ourselves to death
    before shopping in their stores....Before long there will be no guns and everyone will be fat and happy.
    awanatech and Rotorflyr like this.

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Well, it's like this Bikenut. Many of those students continue to shop at those places as well. I don't care how they spend their money, they shouldn't concern themselves with how I spend mine.
    Well it's like this. Now folks know where you stand and can decide if they want to spend their money at your business.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links