Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC

This is a discussion on Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; More jumping on the bandwagon. Meijers is a large chain around here "The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority, so ...

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree311Likes

Thread: Add Meijers and Aldi to the list of stores banning OC

More jumping on the bandwagon. Meijers is a large chain around here

"The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority, so we respectfully request that our customers do not open carry firearms at Meijer. We've made this decision because open carry can create an environment that makes our customers and team members feel unsafe. — Meijer (@meijer) September 9, 2019"

"At ALDI, the safety of our employees, customers and the community is our highest priority. Alongside many other businesses, we are asking that our customers refrain from openly displaying firearms in any of our stores, except for authorized law enforcement personnel. — ALDI USA (@AldiUSA) September 9, 2019"

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...guns-in-stores
    Nmuskier and baren like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    What's with all the grocery stores suddenly turning anti?

If I owned a grocery store chain I'd come out and say open carry is welcome (where legal) and watch business increase.
    KILTED COWBOY and usmc0811 like this.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post

If I owned a grocery store chain I'd come out and say open carry is welcome (where legal) and watch business increase.
    That would never happen. There are far more people who don’t support open carry than those who would shop somewhere just because they allow it. The “cancel culture” doesn’t go both ways.
    Mattmann, Cuda66 and baren like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    More jumping on the bandwagon. Meijers is a large chain around here
    [I]
    "The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority, so we respectfully request that our customers do not open carry firearms at Meijer. We've made this decision because open carry can create an environment that makes our customers and team members feel unsafe. — Meijer (@meijer) September 9, 2019"

[/url]
    Feeling unsafe is different from being unsafe. Your new move takes people from being safe, but feeling unsafe, to being unsafe, but feeling safe. MORONS
    I want to move to a deserted island, I can't take all these morons anymore

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Unfortunately we legal carry holders are just a small percentage of the population.
    Businesses do not care about your rights, only their bottom line.
    Mattmann and 1942bull like this.

OC makes them feel unsafe but cover it with a shirt and it's OK?

Banning CC is just down the road.....
    Bikenut, Risasi and Chicagobill like this.

I wonder how people feel safer with everyone hiding their guns, rather than easily being able to see who has what. Perhaps they are just too busy looking at their phones.
    usmc0811 and baren like this.

The real question is what percent of us CC’ers are going to show our disapproval by taking business elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bikenut likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    The real question is what percent of us CC’ers are going to show our disapproval by taking business elsewhere?

Count me in
    OD* and Bikenut like this.

As I have said before, many here get locked in to the idea that we are a majority with a mutual understanding of all things firearms, and come to expect others to think in this way. We are not.

This has been the folly of those who believe that OC will “ educate” the public and normalize it in society by their antics and recordings in public places.

Now, the kick back is here, with the recent mass shootings to provide support for these new policies, which is probably supported by the vast majority of their customer base.

Heres your sign; if at any given time, you don’t see about 50%, or say 35% of every single person you see open carrying on a daily basis, then it’s probably not a socially accepted practice, regardless of what you want to think or project.

Options are these; get loud and proud like the LBGTQ whatever groups and get real public on a national level, or accept the fact that business do have a right to regulate activity on their premises, and continue on the political path to make changes in these policies.

We as a gun community have not been able to self regulate. Everybody wants to be right, and do how they wanna do, regardless of how it effects the group as a whole.

Now, since this division has weakened our ability to present a united front, the regulation is being done for us.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Glockman10mm.
    Well said, I cannot add anything to that statement
    Doghandler likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post

I'm no fan of Open Carry, and don't allow it in my home. Does that make me an anti?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post

When I take my business elsewhere, it won't be on the basis of whether or not the business has asked that people don't OC on the premises.
    AzQkr, Taxman, wmhawth and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    -snip-

Heres your sign; if at any given time, you don’t see about 50%, or say 35% of every single person you see open carrying on a daily basis, then it’s probably not a socially accepted practice, regardless of what you want to think or project.

Options are these; get loud and proud like the LBGTQ whatever groups and get real public on a national level, or accept the fact that business do have a right to regulate activity on their premises, and continue on the political path to make changes in these policies.
    -snip-
    Instead of blaming the few who open carry right now consider if gun carriers had been open carrying, even if only 35% of them, for the past 30+ years instead of proudly proclaiming "concealed means concealed" open carry would already be a socially accepted practice.

Perhaps gun folks could learn something about how to become socially acceptable from the tactic of being right there in your face like the LGBTQ+ community has done. Maybe it is time for gun owners to come out of the concealed means concealed closet.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    As I have said before, many here get locked in to the idea that we are a majority with a mutual understanding of all things firearms, and come to expect others to think in this way. We are not.

This has been the folly of those who believe that OC will “ educate” the public and normalize it in society by their antics and recordings in public places.

Now, the kick back is here, with the recent mass shootings to provide support for these new policies, which is probably supported by the vast majority of their customer base.

We as a gun community have not been able to self regulate. Everybody wants to be right, and do how they wanna do, regardless of how it effects the group as a whole.

Now, since this division has weakened our ability to present a united front, the regulation is being done for us.
    All true. UBCs, Red Flag laws, AWBs and who knows what other repressive gun legislation are all on the table right now, and people are still wanting to plant the battle flag on OC vs. business owner property rights that actually affect very few one way or the other.
    AzQkr and G-man* like this.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links