OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve - Page 2

OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve

This is a discussion on OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 Quite possibly. What it may come down to is a simple cost benefit analysis by the board. What will it cost ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Quite possibly.
    What it may come down to is a simple cost benefit analysis by the board. What will it cost them to ban guns vs what will it cost them to not? If people continue to poke the bear and keep guns in Wal-Mart in the headlines are they going to scare off enough snowflakes and soccer moms that it is cheaper to take the hard line stand and lose the militant gun carriers as customers?
    That's easy. Walmart will choose "snowflakes and soccer moms." Pssst -- there are a LOT more of "Them" than militant gun carriers....
    gatorbait51 and spclopr8tr like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    OC activists in Texas are going to get Walmart to completely ban guns from their stores.

FIFY
    Pretty much everything that people have thought would happen as a result of OCT’s tactics over the years has been wrong.
    gatorbait51, Bikenut and Sister like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    That's easy. Walmart will choose "snowflakes and soccer moms." Pssst -- there are a LOT more of "Them" than militant gun carriers....
    Time will tell.

https://ycharts.com/companies/WMT/profit_margin

Walmart Makes $14.7 Billion in Profit

According to Walmart they account for 20% of all ammunition sales in the US. How much is that in total sales dollars? I'm not sure. But I'm curious to find out. Several hundred million? Does it cross a billion? During Obama's tenure they estimate we spent $17 billion on ammunition alone. So if I go by those numbers that's perhaps $400 million just off the cuff. So just by simply not carrying it any longer they are hurting their bottom line.

Add to that guys like me who will now go out of their way to not shop there unless they have to. Now if they don't go further and also post signs at their stores they risk really ticking off the SJW because their "ban" won't carry water in many states without them. If they keep it up they will have backlashes like this and will probably ban CC too. They are about to enter the nebulous mess of navigating "no firearms" signage and will need to do it properly in every state. Have fun with that, Walmart.

By taking this stand as they have it is a polarizing event, apparently even on this forum. Is this their "get woke, go broke" moment? I'm not sure.

(I emailed them back this morning, after I voiced my extreme displeasure yesterday of how they are handling OC. They responded with their blanket statement that they are ditching all handgun ammo and "short barrel" rifle ammo like the .223/5.56 of "military style" rifles like the AR. I pointed out that perhaps they should also stop carrying 243 Win and .308/7.62NATO since those are common calibers used in the AR-10 "military style" rifle...if they want to jump off this cliff I'm happy to give them a nudge if I can.)
    Bikenut and gatorbait51 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Pretty much everything that people have thought would happen as a result of OCT’s tactics over the years has been wrong.
    Nope. I have stated here several times on the subject that eventually the militant antics of the OC faction would cause more and more businesses to start to regulate the activity per public perception. It’s been happening for a long time, and now they have a good excuse to do just that.

If OC was really “ educating “ the public, then how could this be happening?

Ill tell you; fools making asses out of themselves and grossly overestimating their impact by their OC antics.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Nope. I have stated here several times on the subject that eventually the militant antics of the OC faction would cause more and more businesses to start to regulate the activity per public perception. It’s been happening for a long time, and now they have a good excuse to do just that.

If OC was really “ educating “ the public, then how could this be happening?

Ill tell you; fools making asses out of themselves and grossly overestimating their impact by their OC antics.
    This is incorrect. The exact opposite of all the bad things that people said would happen, happened. We got looser gun laws out of it. Not more restrictions. Earlier this year, a thread was started about someone from OCT taking a flyer to a politicians house, and people said that was such a bad thing. It wasn’t. It wasn’t. In fact, it couldn’t have worked out better. But people who live in states where one gun control law after another is being passed will offer all sorts of advice on the “correct” way to do things.
    Bikenut and Risasi like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Why not just CC and be done with it....Making a point is gonna lead down a path that will cause carrying of any kind
    to be banned....Then we will all suffer because of the actions of a small percentage of people who have a point to make.
    Wavygravy, Sister and Instymp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Why not just CC and be done with it....Making a point is gonna lead down a path that will cause carrying of any kind
    to be banned....Then we will all suffer because of the actions of a small percentage of people who have a point to make.
    Why is it your, or my, or anyone else business to tell people how they should carry?
    Risasi and tcbradbury98 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Well folks have been hiding their guns with CC for decades so could you, or anyone else for that matter, point to where CC has resulted in fewer gun control laws or the public becoming more accepting of ordinary folks carrying guns? Not being a jerk. It is a serious question.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Well folks have been hiding their guns with CC for decades so could you, or anyone else for that matter, point to where CC has resulted in fewer gun control laws or the public becoming more accepting of ordinary folks carrying guns? Not being a jerk. It is a serious question.
    b

Kansas
    Oklahoma
    Wyoming
    Arkansas
    West Virginia
    Kentucky
    Maine
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    No. People thought it was going to cause businesses to ban the practice.

People also thought it would be outlawed. That's a wash Califorina outlawed it Texas allowed it.
    tcbradbury98 likes this.

My grandpa that passed in 1970 said it best, he didn’t say it clean so I’ll make this family friendly:

”If you stir poop it will stink worse”

Papa was wise, crowing around with guns right now with all the heat on is just stirring the pot. Not a way to be “Gray”, each to their own but I wouldn’t.

C.A.N.T.

Edited to add: We are still boycotting walmart due to their rules and all the other places listed. Figured the money we would save at walmart would be spent on gas to get there anyway ~ no skin off our teeth were good without any of the businesses on the list. There are plenty of pharmacy’s too so cutting CVS is no prob either didn’t use them anyway.
    maxwell97 and craze like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

If I understand some of you correctly, the reason our God given right to self defense is being attacked is due to some gun carriers not hiding their guns? Do I have that about right? Its not about the control some want over us its those damned open carry nuts? Are you suggesting that hiding and playing nice will stop the all out assault on our rights? It may last a few more years maybe if we crawl in obedience to the sheeple and may even last my lifetime as I am 61 now. What about my kids and grandkids? Should I just tell them to shut up and take it until the end game is finally played?
    We all know what is coming and I for one am sick and tired of 1,000 continuous cuts year after year. I say play it now while I can still play. Hiding be damned!
    Bikenut, Risasi, Havok and 1 others like this.

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    b

Kansas
    Oklahoma
    Wyoming
    Arkansas
    West Virginia
    Kentucky
    Maine
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Wyoming
    Please elaborate.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

No. People thought it was going to cause businesses to ban the practice.

People also thought it would be outlawed. That's a wash Califorina outlawed it Texas allowed it.
    California was not an otherwise pro gun state though.
    tcbradbury98 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Please elaborate.
    I think it's self explanatory. All those states have constitutional carry
    maxwell97 and tcbradbury98 like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links