OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve - Page 3

OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve

This is a discussion on OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cypher I think it's self explanatory. All those states have constitutional carry And I'm sure OC'ers also were involved in the political ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I think it's self explanatory. All those states have constitutional carry
    And I'm sure OC'ers also were involved in the political efforts to gain Constitutional Carry.

Perhaps I was unclear. Can you show were CC in and of itself in public has influenced people to support less gun control? I'm genuinely curious since if someone is engaging in "concealed means concealed" then no one would even know there was a gun to ask about. No one's curiosity would be roused and no one would ask any questions and therefor would not learn anything about the legalities of CC.

Am I correct?

On the other hand Open Carry Texas and Michigan Open Carry are two organizations where their members open carrying in public have been a positive influence on the public's acceptance of guns.
    tcbradbury98 likes this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    That's easy. Walmart will choose "snowflakes and soccer moms." Pssst -- there are a LOT more of "Them" than militant gun carriers....
    Time will tell.

https://ycharts.com/companies/WMT/profit_margin

Walmart Makes $14.7 Billion in Profit

According to Walmart they account for 20% of all ammunition sales in the US. How much is that in total sales dollars? I'm not sure. But I'm curious to find out. Several hundred million? Does it cross a billion? During Obama's tenure they estimate we spent $17 billion on ammunition alone. So if I go by those numbers that's perhaps $400 million just off the cuff. So just by simply not carrying it any longer they are hurting their bottom line.

Add to that guys like me who will now go out of their way to not shop there unless they have to. Now if they don't go further and also post signs at their stores they risk really ticking off the SJW because their "ban" won't carry water in many states without them. If they keep it up they will have backlashes like this and will probably ban CC too. They are about to enter the nebulous mess of navigating "no firearms" signage and will need to do it properly in every state. Have fun with that, Walmart.

By taking this stand as they have it is a polarizing event, apparently even on this forum. Is this their "get woke, go broke" moment? I'm not sure.

(I emailed them back this morning, after I voiced my extreme displeasure yesterday of how they are handling OC. They responded with their blanket statement that they are ditching all handgun ammo and "short barrel" rifle ammo like the .223/5.56 of "military style" rifles like the AR. I pointed out that perhaps they should also stop carrying 243 Win and .308/7.62NATO since those are common calibers used in the AR-10 "military style" rifle...if they want to jump off this cliff I'm happy to give them a nudge if I can.)
    Ok so over the eight years of Obama we spent 17 billion. That comes out to just over two billion per year. And twenty percent of that was at Wal-Mart, which is 400 million per year in sales. But if their average profit margin is 2.7% that means their annual ammo sales average profit is only $10.8 million. Which means dropping ammo sales completely would lose them .073% of their average profit unless they replace the ammo with other products.
    Risasi likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Why is it your, or my, or anyone else business to tell people how they should carry?
    It is none of my business until it is....Right now i can CC there and go about my business.
    Demonstrations may very well push stores to say no carrying of any kind..
    Cypher, Sister and Instymp like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Iím sure there are plenty of Black people who told Rosa parks to just ride in the back of the bus, but later enjoyed having the right to ride in the front themselves.
    Bikenut and tcbradbury98 like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Well folks have been hiding their guns with CC for decades so could you, or anyone else for that matter, point to where CC has resulted in fewer gun control laws or the public becoming more accepting of ordinary folks carrying guns? Not being a jerk. It is a serious question.
    As long as i can CC which i can at Walmart...It is no big deal to me.
    But demonstrations could very well lead to banning carry of any kind.
    Instymp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Ok so over the eight years of Obama we spent 17 billion. That comes out to just over two billion per year. And twenty percent of that was at Wal-Mart, which is 400 million per year in sales. But if their average profit margin is 2.7% that means their annual ammo sales average profit is only $10.8 million. Which means dropping ammo sales completely would lose them 0.00073% of their average profit unless they replace the ammo with other products.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Nice, I like facts...assuming they don't have some crazy markup. Which they probably don't. Let's be honest, it's Walmart, and I'm sure they squeeze their vendors for everything they can just to own market share.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    As long as i can CC which i can at Walmart...It is no big deal to me.
    But demonstrations could very well lead to banning carry of any kind.
    Are you OK with Wal Mart partnering with Everytown for Gun Safety and a portion of the money you spend at Wal Mart going to fund Everytown's anti gun agenda?

If you are then that is your decision.
    Havok and tcbradbury98 like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post

Thanks for pointing that out. Nice, I like facts...assuming they don't have some crazy markup. Which they probably don't. Let's be honest, it's Walmart, and I'm sure they squeeze their vendors for everything they can just to own market share.
    Sorry, I had to go back and move the decimal point a couple of places. But we are still talking less than one tenth of one percent.

Sorry, I had to go back and move the decimal point a couple of places. But we are still talking less than one tenth of one percent.
    You look at it as a small Percentage of profits, I look at it as people they will lay off to offset the cost, or at least less people they will hire.
    Bikenut likes this.

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I think it's self explanatory. All those states have constitutional carry
    You neglected to include Missouri.

BTW, I do not OC to make a statement, although some who observe me may think so. I OC because itís legal and to have quick, unfettered access to my weapon should the need arise.
    Bikenut, Havok and tcbradbury98 like this.
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, Iíll kill you all."
    ó James ďMad DogĒ Mattis

You look at it as a small Percentage of profits, I look at it as people they will lay off to offset the cost, or at least less people they will hire.
    Well yes, I guess you could say that these activists will be costing people their jobs. But as long as they have some kind of ammo in a locked case they will need someone around to open it. So I don't know how many jobs will actually be lost over this.

Well yes, I guess you could say that these activists will be costing people their jobs. But as long as they have some kind of ammo in a locked case they will need someone around to open it. So I don't know how many jobs will actually be lost over this.
    The activists arenít costing people their jobs, the anti 2A Walmart execs are costing people their jobs. There is no real gun counter employee at Walmart. Itís just an outdoor section. My point is they will be generating less revenue to pay employees. You think the CEO is going to take this loss out of his income?
    tcbradbury98 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Texas' 30.06 and 30.07 signage requirements are very clear, ...
    Clear, yes. Any place can legally ban any form of firearm carry. And therein lies the great fallacy of the so-called gun-friendly Texas. No matter what the laws state as to who may carry or the manner of carry or where they may carry, a simple sign(s) makes it all null and void.

The touting of how great Texas is for gun rights is a little annoying to some of us. This coming from a citizen of the "Gunshine State" that no longer is.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Clear, yes. Any place can legally ban any form of firearm carry. And therein lies the great fallacy of the so-called gun-friendly Texas. No matter what the laws state as to who may carry or the manner of carry or where they may carry, a simple sign(s) makes it all null and void.

The touting of how great Texas is for gun rights is a little annoying to some of us. This coming from a citizen of the "Gunshine State" that no longer is.
    So Texas isnít good for gun rights because we recognize property rights as well? You should be more annoyed by your red flag laws than us not ignoring that as property owners, they have rights even if we donít agree with their decisions.

So Texas isnít good for gun rights because we recognize property rights as well? You should be more annoyed by your red flag laws than us not ignoring that as property owners, they have rights even if we donít agree with their decisions.
    Make no mistake, I am very annoyed with our Red Flag law and banning all gun sales to 18-20 year olds. Like I said, no longer the "Gunshine State." But at least her, and for now, No-Gun signage is meaningless. And while I fully support OC (at best, very limited here), what Walmart and the like don't see, they don't know.

In a recent email I received from former Governor and now Senator Scott in which he stated his support for 2A, I quickly relied and pointed out his signing of those two aforementioned blatant violations of 2A. He did not respond.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links