OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve - Page 4

OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve

This is a discussion on OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bikenut Are you OK with Wal Mart partnering with Everytown for Gun Safety and a portion of the money you spend at ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Are you OK with Wal Mart partnering with Everytown for Gun Safety and a portion of the money you spend at Wal Mart going to fund Everytown's anti gun agenda?

If you are then that is your decision.
    If Everytown is depending on my Walmart contributions to survive, it will quickly stave itself into non-existance, as will WM. The majority of what little I have bought from WM has been returned as defective.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post

The activists aren’t costing people their jobs, the anti 2A Walmart execs are costing people their jobs. There is no real gun counter employee at Walmart. It’s just an outdoor section. My point is they will be generating less revenue to pay employees. You think the CEO is going to take this loss out of his income?
    No, I think they will just fill the shelf space with something else. And if it needs a locked cabinet it is a wash. If it doesn't they dont have to train anyone on laws regarding what is in that cabinet. The replacement product could in theory be more profitable than the ammo is.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Make no mistake, I am very annoyed with our Red Flag law and banning all gun sales to 18-20 year olds. Like I said, no longer the "Gunshine State." But at least her, and for now, No-Gun signage is meaningless. And while I fully support OC (at best, very limited here), what Walmart and the like don't see, they don't know.

In a recent email I received from former Governor and now Senator Scott in which he stated his support for 2A, I quickly relied and pointed out his signing of those two aforementioned blatant violations of 2A. He did not respond.
    The signage here in Texas night as well be meaningless now as well because of a new law signed by our governor. For people who ďaccidentallyĒ carry somewhere that is posted 30.06/07, you have to be asked to leave by management. My point was that business owners have rights, and have the right to decide what people can or can not bring inside. Just like many restaurants and movie theaters do not allow outside food or drink.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    No, I think they will just fill the shelf space with something else. And if it needs a locked cabinet it is a wash. If it doesn't they dont have to train anyone on laws regarding what is in that cabinet. The replacement product could in theory be more profitable than the ammo is.
    If they had something in mind, Iím sure it would have been on their floors already. We all know they arenít concerned about their stores being spacious.

The signage here in Texas night as well be meaningless now as well because of a new law signed by our governor. For people who ďaccidentallyĒ carry somewhere that is posted 30.06/07, you have to be asked to leave by management. My point was that business owners have rights, and have the right to decide what people can or can not bring inside. Just like many restaurants and movie theaters do not allow outside food or drink.
    I'm not disagreeing with you on principle. And I agree private property "open to the pubic" remains private property and should have rights SCOTUS will not support. But in FL they have to: A. detect your firearm. and B. Ask you to leave. A sign is meaningless, accidently or not. So I stand my my comment about the gun-friendliness of Texas is overrated. TX has restrictions that FL does not. And vice versa. Yet I don't see many people touting the gun friendliness of FL like a flag over the Alamo. I'll take what we have and fight for more.
    Havok and Paladin3840 like this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I'm not disagreeing with you on principle. And I agree private property "open to the pubic" remains private property and should have rights SCOTUS will not support. But in FL they have to: A. detect your firearm. and B. Ask you to leave. A sign is meaningless, accidently or not. So I stand my my comment about the gun-friendliness of Texas is overrated. TX has restrictions that FL does not. And vice versa. Yet I don't see many people touting the gun friendliness of FL like a flag over the Alamo. I'll take what we have and fight for more.
    Fair point. Gun rights arenít as good in Texas as Iíd like them to be, but I donít think theyíre bad either. We are working on getting rid of a couple speed bumps that are delaying us from getting where we want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Are you OK with Wal Mart partnering with Everytown for Gun Safety and a portion of the money you spend at Wal Mart going to fund Everytown's anti gun agenda?

I bet if i dig deep enough i can find a reason not to give a heck of a lot companies my business.
    Didn't the article say no one was asked to leave?

Clear, yes. Any place can legally ban any form of firearm carry. And therein lies the great fallacy of the so-called gun-friendly Texas. No matter what the laws state as to who may carry or the manner of carry or where they may carry, a simple sign(s) makes it all null and void.

The touting of how great Texas is for gun rights is a little annoying to some of us. This coming from a citizen of the "Gunshine State" that no longer is.
    It isn't nearly as grim as it sounds. Many locations cannot be posted. And Texas is a really BIG place. Bigger than CA, NY, and Maine put together. Plus a LOT of places wouldn't dream of posting. It would spell their doom because guns are a very central part of Texas history. Most native Texans are unfazed by guns, having grown up around them all their lives.

I'm much more worried for the future of your state than ours - right now anyway.

I just checked. Our Walmarts around here are not posted. Not that it makes a hill of beans difference. We do most of our shopping on Amazon. Order today, delivered tomorrow.
    Havok likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I'm much more worried for the future of your state than ours - right now anyway.
    No more than I am, my good man. The teter totter is on the verge of tilting the wrong way here. The fight is never ending.
    OD* and OldChap like this.

Fair point. Gun rights arenít as good in Texas as Iíd like them to be, but I donít think theyíre bad either. We are working on getting rid of a couple speed bumps that are delaying us from getting where we want to be.
    Here you remove one speed bump and someone wants two more. While you try to resist the CA influx, here it is the Northeasterner influx, which is just as disastrous. Keep up the good fight no matter where you reside.
    msgt/ret, taltexan, Havok and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

I bet if i dig deep enough i can find a reason not to give a heck of a lot companies my business.
    Didn't the article say no one was asked to leave?
    Whether Wal Mart enforces it's ban on OC or not doesn't change Wal Mart funding Everytown for Gun Safety's efforts:

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies
    Walmart Policies and Guidelines
    -snip-
    Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.-snip-

For me the big thing isn't that Wal Mart banned open carry but now that I know they are going to use a portion of the money spent in their store(s) to fund Everytown for Gun Safety I won't spend my money there whether they kick out open carriers or not.

Since this is a free country everyone has the freedom to decide what businesses, and by extension what organizations, they will knowingly support by spending money there.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    You neglected to include Missouri.

BTW, I do not OC to make a statement, although some who observe me may think so. I OC because itís legal and to have quick, unfettered access to my weapon should the need arise.

I thought I included Missouri, thanks.

I've been targeted for an assault specifically because I was open carrying three times. I've been targeted once while concealed carrying and the one time he retreated immediately when he found out I was armed.

I need a Starbucks grande hazelnut latte after this thread.
    maxwell97, Havok and OldChap like this.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Clear, yes. Any place can legally ban any form of firearm carry. And therein lies the great fallacy of the so-called gun-friendly Texas. No matter what the laws state as to who may carry or the manner of carry or where they may carry, a simple sign(s) makes it all null and void.

The touting of how great Texas is for gun rights is a little annoying to some of us. This coming from a citizen of the "Gunshine State" that no longer is.
    Our no gun signage has less teeth as of last week. They passed language to make it a defense to prosecution that if you donít see a sign (and who will even look at this point) and you are asked to leave, if you donít you can be arrested. So now you get a verbal warning. Obviously, if CCing, your odds are better you wonít be outed. If OCing, odds arenít great.
    Havok and OldChap like this.

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    ...I've been targeted for an assault specifically because I was open carrying three times. I've been targeted once while concealed carrying and the one time he retreated immediately when he found out I was armed.
    Good to hear your situations worked out. The best gunfight is the one you didnít have.
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, Iíll kill you all."
    ó James ďMad DogĒ Mattis

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links