OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve - Page 5

OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve

This is a discussion on OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by StripesDude Our no gun signage has less teeth as of last week. They passed language to make it a defense to prosecution ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: OC activists in Texas are testing Walmarts resolve

  1. #61
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    32,006
    Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    Our no gun signage has less teeth as of last week. They passed language to make it a defense to prosecution that if you don’t see a sign (and who will even look at this point) and you are asked to leave, if you don’t you can be arrested. So now you get a verbal warning. Obviously, if CCing, your odds are better you won’t be outed. If OCing, odds aren’t great.
    Excellent! Waffle House has a habit of sticking a No Guns sign over the grill. Like who looks there? If signage is to have legal weight, it should be required to be prominently, obviously, and blatantly displayed at any and every point of entry such tha only Helen Keller, Ray Charles, and Stevie Wondermmight miss it.
    msgt/ret, StripesDude and OldChap like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  2. #62
    VIP Member Array maxwell97's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    For me the big thing isn't that Wal Mart banned open carry but now that I know they are going to use a portion of the money spent in their store(s) to fund Everytown for Gun Safety I won't spend my money there whether they kick out open carriers or not.

    Since this is a free country everyone has the freedom to decide what businesses, and by extension what organizations, they will knowingly support by spending money there.
    From that perspective, it would seem counter-productive for OCT to be encouraging its 38,000 members to shop at Wal-Mart.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

  3. #63
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    32,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    For me the big thing isn't that Wal Mart banned open carry but now that I know they are going to use a portion of the money spent in their store(s) to fund Everytown for Gun Safety I won't spend my money there whether they kick out open carriers or not.

    Since this is a free country everyone has the freedom to decide what businesses, and by extension what organizations, they will knowingly support by spending money there. WWII surplus guns at K-Mart that sold for $29.95 and up.
    I support your opposition to shopping at WM. I rarely go there myself. This supposed ban on OC is just another cog on the wheel on why I think WM is bad for America. In the end, dollars will speak louder than forum words. If WM were to to Tango Uniform tomorrow, I would not miss it anymore than I miss K-Mart. Well, I do miss the rows of WWII weapons K-Mart sold for $29.95 and up.
    Bikenut and OldChap like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #64
    Member Array TimBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Excellent! Waffle House has a habit of sticking a No Guns sign over the grill. Like who looks there? If signage is to have legal weight, it should be required to be prominently, obviously, and blatantly displayed at any and every point of entry such tha only Helen Keller, Ray Charles, and Stevie Wondermmight miss it.
    You mean like the Braille on drive-up ATMs?



    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TimBob; September 12th, 2019 at 02:38 PM.

  6. #65
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    32,006
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBob View Post
    You mean like the braille on drive-up ATMs?



    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Braille. Even the truck weigh station I worked at has Braille signage. How many blind truckers do you know of?
    msgt/ret, OD*, OldChap and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  7. #66
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,026
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Excellent! Waffle House has a habit of sticking a No Guns sign over the grill. Like who looks there? If signage is to have legal weight, it should be required to be prominently, obviously, and blatantly displayed at any and every point of entry such tha only Helen Keller, Ray Charles, and Stevie Wondermmight miss it.
    Each time Ive been to waffle house, I had a hard enough time trying to read the menu.
    OldVet, OldChap and Instymp like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

  8. #67
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    32,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Each time Ive been to waffle house, I had a hard enough time trying to read the menu.
    Cripes! THEY EVEN GIVE YOU PICTURES.!
    Havok, Risasi, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  9. #68
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,026
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Cripes! THEY EVEN GIVE YOU PICTURES.!
    Sometimes they would come into focus if I closed one eye.
    We get the government we deserve.

  10. #69
    VIP Member Array OldChap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,891
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    From that perspective, it would seem counter-productive for OCT to be encouraging its 38,000 members to shop at Wal-Mart.
    There's a HUGE difference between "shopping" and "buying". If you don't believe it, just ask Mrs. OldChap!

    And I am currently seeking a large, offensive T-shirt that says:

    I Spend Most of My Money On
    A M A Z O N
    OD*, OldVet, Havok and 1 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

    My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

  11. #70
    Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBob View Post
    You mean like the Braille on drive-up ATMs?



    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thank the Americans with Disabilities Act for that...,

  12. #71
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,026
    Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    Thank the Americans with Disabilities Act for that...,
    Or that its cheaper to only manufacture one keypad...
    OldChap likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

  13. #72
    VIP Member
    Array spclopr8tr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SE Tennessee
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    This is incorrect. The exact opposite of all the bad things that people said would happen, happened. We got looser gun laws out of it. Not more restrictions. Earlier this year, a thread was started about someone from OCT taking a flyer to a politicians house, and people said that was such a bad thing. It wasn’t. It wasn’t. In fact, it couldn’t have worked out better. But people who live in states where one gun control law after another is being passed will offer all sorts of advice on the “correct” way to do things.
    Yes, it could have worked out better. The Speaker of the House killed the TX constitutional carry bill. How is that "better"?

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...t-to-his-home/
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

    Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

  14. #73
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,026
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Yes, it could have worked out better. The Speaker of the House killed the TX constitutional carry bill. How is that "better"?

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...t-to-his-home/
    He was killing that bill anyway. The guy going to his house didnt get the bill killed. Bonnen lied about what happened that day. There has been so much negative attention brought to him as a result of this. His political career is over in Texas. He is being sued, and is also facing possible jail time. So while you say it could have worked out better, you think so because you're unfamiliar with Texas politics, and the person who would have continued to be a roadblock to advancing gun rights. The guy going to Bonnens house wasn't the mistake. He unintentionally provided Bonnen the opportunity to commit political suicide, and he did so.
    We get the government we deserve.

  15. #74
    VIP Member
    Array spclopr8tr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SE Tennessee
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    He was killing that bill anyway. The guy going to his house didnt get the bill killed. Bonnen lied about what happened that day. There has been so much negative attention brought to him as a result of this. His political career is over in Texas. He is being sued, and is also facing possible jail time. So while you say it could have worked out better, you think so because you're unfamiliar with Texas politics, and the person who would have continued to be a roadblock to advancing gun rights. The guy going to Bonnens house wasn't the mistake. He unintentionally provided Bonnen the opportunity to commit political suicide, and he did so.
    But the author of a constitutional carry bill said he stopped pushing for the legislation in the Capitol after McNutt showed up in lawmakers' neighborhoods – including Bonnen’s – to lobby for the legislation.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2019/04...ghts-activist/

    I would agree Bonnen is self-destructing (and rightly so it would appear), particularly with the "hit list" of 10 Republicans he has reported provided to liberal media. But the visit by McNutt to the speaker's house would appear to be what caused the bill's sponsor to stop pushing it. If the sponsor no longer pushes his own bill, the bill is doomed to fail.

    Bonnen sounds like a real piece of work.
    Havok and taltexan like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

    Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

  16. #75
    Senior Member Array ButtShot14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    635
    I do not believe this demonstration will be beneficial to us. It will bring more negative action from WM, and they might ban all guns in their stores. I avoid WM but if they do this other retailers will follow suit. We do not need any more locations where we cannot carry.
    maxwell97, Wavygravy and M1911A1 like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •