May Have to Start OCing - Page 2

May Have to Start OCing

This is a discussion on May Have to Start OCing within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OC in Chicago would indicate the end of times is upon us. It would trigger a “Blues Brothers” level response....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: May Have to Start OCing

OC in Chicago would indicate the end of times is upon us. It would trigger a “Blues Brothers” level response.
    OD*, PJH, drmordo and 1 others like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

What are ya gonna do? Let him fear you because of the gun?

Here Is a perfect example of what is really wrong with OC.

It is not an action, it is a mentality.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

In most jurisdictions displaying a weapon with the specific intent to intimidate is menacing. It's usually a felony

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    In most jurisdictions displaying a weapon with the specific intent to intimidate is menacing. It's usually a felony
    In all jurisdictions, a properly holstered OC firearm is either listed by law or has been ruled by state or federal court as not meeting the definition of "alarm," "intimidation," or "menacing." Even so, OC remains in violation of legislation in 5 states and D.C.

Reference St. John v. Alamogordo
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    What are ya gonna do? Let him fear you because of the gun?

Here Is a perfect example of what is really wrong with OC.

It is not an action, it is a mentality.
    Question: Do you observe those of us who favor OC in the CC section bashing CC?

No?

Then why are those of you who favor CC here in the OC section bashing OC?

BOTH modes of carry are lawful in MOST states, 45 for OC and 50 for CC (IIRC).
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

No?

Bad ideas are just that, regardless of the sub-forum.
    Cuda66, G-man*, OD* and 6 others like this.

No?

Look here; OC has been part of the constitution in my state since it was founded, so please don’t think you can give a lesson plan there.

And secondly, the OP himself stated his motivation behind his reason, so don’t even go there.

And thirdly, don’t be silly about bashing OC. You would have to get an awful damn tall ladder to climb in that saddle.

And, additionally, there was a time when this forum was only about “ Concealed Carry” and thus called “ Defensive Concealed Carry Forum”, so, you are just going to have to expect that many of the long standing members here joined before they even allowed the OC subforum, a decision I question to this day, but I ain’t the boss, so here we are dealing with this overzealous nonsense.

Nonsense such as wanting to OC for the purposes of intimidation or “ dont mess with me, I’m armed “ BS...which is really what it is.
    OD*, SatCong, matthew03 and 5 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

The OP sure does seem to attract more than his fair share of interesting situations...
    Cuda66, matthew03, craze and 1 others like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Bad ideas are just that, regardless of the sub-forum.
    Yet again you bash OC as a "bad idea" while providing absolutely zero objective evidence to support your claim.

Constantly bashing OC in the OC section is just bad form, Mike. If you have a rational, intelligent argument to make, then by all means, make it. Please cite objective evidence applicable to the practice as a whole, rather than one-off anecdotal stories limited to outliers in the data.

Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1 View Post
    ...Or try to make a new friend.

Ask him what he's looking for.
    He'll either tell you honestly, or he'll understand that you're onto him and be warned off.

Just don't be confrontational.
    Instead, be conversational.
    Wise words. I try hard to keep cordial relationships with my neighbors.
    G-man*, Bikenut, drmordo and 2 others like this.

Ex Member
    Yet again you bash OC as a "bad idea" while providing absolutely zero objective evidence to support your claim.

Constantly bashing OC in the OC section is just bad form, Mike. If you have a rational, intelligent argument to make, then by all means, make it. Please cite objective evidence applicable to the practice as a whole, rather than one-off anecdotal stories limited to outliers in the data.
    You complain about the bash when those who disagree with your opinion express theirs. I'm expressing an opinion. No more to it than that.
    G-man* and Sister like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    You complain about the bash when those who disagree with your opinion express theirs. I'm expressing an opinion. No more to it than that.
    I rarely merely express my opinion. I explain why, often providing links to factual evidence, or at least logical discourse.

Your merely expressing your opinion in the negative is a "bash" and not edifying to the general populace of this forum.

In all jurisdictions, a properly holstered OC firearm is either listed by law or has been ruled by state or federal court as not meeting the definition of "alarm," "intimidation," or "menacing." Even so, OC remains in violation of legislation in 5 states and D.C.

Reference St. John v. Alamogordo
    I am not going down this Rabbit Hole again. The OP made his intent crystal clear.
    Sister likes this.

Ex Member
    I rarely merely express my opinion. I explain why, often providing links to factual evidence, or at least logical discourse.

Your merely expressing your opinion in the negative is a "bash" and not edifying to the general populace of this forum.
    "I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes." William T. Sherman
    Cypher and Sister like this.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    a new neighbor? I'm not seeing a need to show cards yet.
    bmcgilvray and Sister like this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links