Now using gun owners to convince others to not exercise their 2nd amendment

This is a discussion on Now using gun owners to convince others to not exercise their 2nd amendment within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; https://apple.news/AgbYdwlJITB6bVt9rYQSJQg...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Now using gun owners to convince others to not exercise their 2nd amendment

buckwheatpaul likes this.

VIP Member
    A gun owner who doesn't carry. Nothing unique there. He doesn't see why other gun owners should carry. Nothing unique there, either.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

"I still have the gun, and I still have the permit. And thereís certainly a part of me that appreciates knowing that I could slide that holster under my belt and carry my gun if I really felt the need to do so. But I just donít, so my gun stays locked away in a safe in my closet. Iím comfortable with that. I wish more of my fellow Americans would come to the same conclusion."
    Although it certainly is possible that this specific guy feels this way, the verbiage throughout this article it written in such a way that it feels contrived to me. If he is satisfied with leaving his pistol in his safe locked away to rot there unused then why not just sell it and get rid of his permit to carry? Oh I forgot, he is supposed to shame gun owners that don't do as he does so he has to keep his pistol and permit just to make a point. Yea, right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    His gun was a talisman; not a weapon he was prepared to use if the unfortunate need arose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from The American Heritageģ Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
    noun The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
    noun Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause.

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    There is a number of gun owners out there who have only a gun or two, often an old shotgun and maybe a deer rifle and rarely, if ever, hunts. I've encountered those types who believe that nobody needs anything more. I guess they do count as gun owners but they're certainly not firearms enthusiasts or likely knowledgeable around the 2nd.

In the case of the person in this story, Greg Hunter, he states " knowing that I could slide that holster under my belt and carry my gun if I really felt the need to do so", he may one day find that he needs the gun on a day he didn't feel the need to strap it on and the consequences most dire.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    There is a number of gun owners out there who have only a gun or two, often an old shotgun and maybe a deer rifle and rarely, if ever, hunts. I've encountered those types who believe that nobody needs anything more. I guess they do count as gun owners but they're certainly not firearms enthusiasts or likely knowledgeable around the 2nd.
    They may well constitute a numerical majority of American gun owners.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

He has an agenda that goes well beyond wisdom of open carry.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    He'll probably wish he was armed should some whacko start shooting at a "GFZ" that he's at. But, he's right about not needing to carry all the time (until that moment where he'll need to defend himself and possibly others). Most of us won't be in harms way in our lifetime but you just don't know if you'll end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. But, there's no guarantee that having a gun will ensure one's survival either. I probably won't need emergency supplies to deal with a catastrophe either but I'd rather be prepared than sorry.
    airslot likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

my gun stays locked away in a safe in my closet. Iím comfortable with that. I wish more of my fellow Americans would come to the same conclusion.
    Good news! I'm very comfortable with your gun locked away in the safe. I, however, will continue to carry mine.

Send bachelors and come heavily armed.

Black Rifles Matter

I canít read it because it requires an app to read it. However, Beta is going around saying how Texans would gladly turn in their ARís to prevent mass shootings. Iím not going to pretend the left wouldnít put their anti gun people in front of the camera to pretend to be gun owners.
    airslot, Sister and CWOUSCG like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

IF his story is true and he was carrying due to MS-13 threats, the last thing would be for anyone to know he was carrying.

The 2nd Amendment wasn't about hunting or self defense per se either. All one needs to do is to look at Venezuala, or a host of other countries wracked with civil war/stife, and really disect the situation to see how wise the founding fathers were.
    jejb, CWOUSCG and Rockymonster like this.

Well, maybe his boyfriend will protect and watch over him
    airslot, Sister and CWOUSCG like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

I wish everybody was more like me. OK, got it.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

From the article: "Walmartís decision, though, makes sense."

No it doesn't.
    Sister likes this.
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links