Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged - Page 4

Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged

This is a discussion on Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bikenut No. Let's NOT keep it that way. Just because things are the way they are doesn't mean they have to stay ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

No. Let's NOT keep it that way. Just because things are the way they are doesn't mean they have to stay that way.

You may have misinterpreted what I meant. My bad.

By "Let's keep it that way." I meant I'd like to keep the people I run into in the woods feeling comfortable and relaxed about OC. I didn't mean to imply anything about keeping people in towns and cities feeling nervous or apprehensive about OC. That would not be my intention.

Nix
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Like it or not, regardless of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!, that's the way it is, and has always been. No amount of hectoring is going to change that. We legally carry when, where and how the state says we can. Yes, a privilege.

I hate to agree with, Mike.....ever.....but I do.

Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Like it or not, regardless of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!, that's the way it is, and has always been. No amount of hectoring is going to change that. We legally carry when, where and how the state says we can. Yes, a privilege.
    After looking up the definition of "hectoring" (learning a new word today. thanks) I'm inclined to believe it is gun owners and carriers who have been intimidated and bullied by the anti gunners and those in the gun community who join them in insulting and ridiculing anyone who dares exercise the right to bear arms in a way they disagree with.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Why would anyone want to walk around in public and have people rubber neck at you all day?
    Walking around in public with a rifle will never be normal and accepted....Stories like this and others prove exactly that.
    Rather a law is broken or not....When people stare at me too long i get paranoid and think i may have a booger hanging out my nose.
    One of those flappers that go in and out as i breathe
    M1911A1 and entertainment72 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Why would anyone want to walk around in public and have people rubber neck at you all day?
    Walking around in public with a rifle will never be normal and accepted....Stories like this and others prove exactly that.
    Rather a law is broken or not.
    That's what many gun owners in Michigan said about open carrying a pistol when those open carriers were arrested.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    If you're not convincing fellow gun enthusiasts on this gun forum, how well do you think you'll fair with the general public?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Unfortunately these day's fellow gun enthusiasts at times seem to be worse than the general public. JMO
    Bikenut likes this.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Why do these guys all look alike?
    Itís a very shallow gene pool in the population of folks who carry out these stunts. Lots of uncle/brothers running around.

Auditor is the new term for idiot.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Auditor is the new term for idiot.
    Do you allow guns here?

You do?

Great!

I'm here to change that!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Do you allow guns here?

You do?

Great!

I'm here to change that!

Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    And It always will be as long as we have people who are ďa gun owner, but...Ē.
    M1911A1 and Bikenut like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    And It always will be as long as we have people who are ďa gun owner, but...Ē.
    Plenty of them around. I have come to understand a person's true beliefs come after the word... "but". Especially when it comes to "I support the right to bear arms but...."
    Havok likes this.

JD
    Administrator
    As I said in one of other threads, if you're going to be the 2A Evangelist, be Ghandi. Don't be the Westboro Baptist Church.

I liken it to flying the flag upside down or even burning it for that matter. The signal you're trying to send and the signal being received have a pretty high bit error rate.

You have the right do it. We think you're a tool but we support your right to be a tool.

I don't particularly care for open carry but if that's what floats your whistle have at it I don't really care.

But don't go burning flags and expecting the rest of our community to flock to your cause and don't be surprised when your virtue signaling on the forum alienates the majority of the group.

I won't support any legislation that tries to limit open carry BUT I won't go cheering on someone that can't even be bothered to look up their local laws before acting out their shenanigans.

Also, in reading the news pieces on this, it was an AR15 PISTOL and if the guy has a carryy permit he should be able to beat the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Harper is correct, letting people see people carry rifles, perfectly legal, is the only way to get people used to it and make it acceptable, . . .
    Thatís nuts! If the only mission is to make acceptable the carrying of rifles in public, then the gameís already over. No amount of selling, much less forcing upon them, the acceptability of open carry of rifles will convince folks who are opposed to it. The very opposite is far more likely to occur.

ďYou canít reason people out of positions they didnít reason themselves into.Ē
    Havok, Mike1956 and M1911A1 like this.

Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    As I said in one of other threads, if you're going to be the 2A Evangelist, be Ghandi. Don't be the Westboro Baptist Church.

I liken it to flying the flag upside down or even burning it for that matter. The signal you're trying to send and the signal being received have a pretty high bit error rate.

You have the right do it. We think you're a tool but we support your right to be a tool.

I don't particularly care for open carry but if that's what floats your whistle have at it I don't really care.

But don't go burning flags and expecting the rest of our community to flock to your cause and don't be surprised when your virtue signaling on the forum alienates the majority of the group.

I won't support any legislation that tries to limit open carry BUT I won't go cheering on someone that can't even be bothered to look up their local laws before acting out their shenanigans.

Also, in reading the news pieces on this, it was an AR15 PISTOL and if the guy has a carryy permit he should be able to beat the charge.

Interesting perspective coming from an Administrator of an internet forum concerned with gun rights that reaches a large number within the gun community.

But this forum is really private property and the owner's have the private property right to have whatever perspective they wish and to have their representatives express that perspective.

And when I joined this forum I agreed to abide by the rules the owner's of this private property have concerning what is allowed to be expressed. Much like private property business owners have the right to have rules about whether guns are allowed, or not allowed, to be carried on/in that private property. And as long as I wish to frequent this private property forum I will abide by the owner's rules just as I abide by any private property businesses rules about carrying guns (I won't sneak my gun in thinking it's OK to disrespect the owner's property rights because concealed means I won't get caught) regardless of my opinion of businesses that ban guns or my perspective concerning folks on forums who say they support the right to bear arms yet disparage, insult, indulge in name calling, and ridicule anyone who dares exercise that right in a way they don't agree with.

It really is all about rights. Including the rights we personally might agree with yet disagree with how those rights are exercised.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links