Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged - Page 6

Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged

This is a discussion on Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bikenut Interesting and informative D. C. history. Thank you. And I mean that sincerely. One point I would like to make. I ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Interesting and informative D. C. history. Thank you. And I mean that sincerely.

One point I would like to make. I can't speak to how OC'ers behaved on this forum before I joined but I can say that since I joined it most assuredly appears to me the majority of the uncivility in the form of insults, ridicule, and name calling comes from posters who do not like OC. A quick reread of just this one thread will serve as an example.

And the history of D. C. being a forum focused on concealed carry in the past is no excuse for that kind of behavior in the present from anyone.
    Quoting because some people should probably read this twice.
    We get the government we deserve.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    If you canít exercise a right because doing so will cause you to lose it then you didnít have the right to begin with.

Have you ever seen anyone freak out because someone was open carrying? I havenít.
    I've never seen anybody carry an AR into a bar. You?
    OD*, scottync and entertainment72 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I've never seen anybody carry an AR into a bar. You?
    No. Itís not legal here. Iím not defending him illegally carrying into a place that serves alcohol, even though I donít agree with the law. Iím just saying that people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. You carry a pistol, he carries a rifle, big deal. Iíve never seen people freak out because of an open carrier.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Ex Member
    No. Itís not legal here. Iím not defending him illegally carrying into a place that serves alcohol, even though I donít agree with the law. Iím just saying that people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. You carry a pistol, he carries a rifle, big deal. Iíve never seen people freak out because of an open carrier.
    Just because you haven't seen it personally doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If someone comes into a bar I'm eating dinner at carrying an AR, yes, I will probably meet your definition of freaking out.
    OD*, scottync and ETXhiker like this.

Senior Moderator
    My view is that "Second Amendment Auditor" is a nitwit of a higher order.
    OD*, Wavygravy, msgt/ret and 6 others like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Just because you haven't seen it personally doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If someone comes into a bar I'm eating dinner at carrying an AR, yes, I will probably meet your definition of freaking out.
    There are people who think they need therapy because they see a ďMAGAĒ shirt. With 300+ million people in the country there are people who will find anything to freak out over. However, that doesnít mean itís a widespread issue that we should be concerned about. Iíve seen plenty of people open carry, never seen anyone care except on the internet.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Interesting and informative D. C. history. Thank you. And I mean that sincerely.

One point I would like to make. I can't speak to how OC'ers behaved on this forum before I joined but I can say that since I joined it most assuredly appears to me the majority of the uncivility in the form of insults, ridicule, and name calling comes from posters who do not like OC. A quick reread of just this one thread will serve as an example.

And the history of D. C. being a forum focused on concealed carry in the past is no excuse for that kind of behavior in the present from anyone.

Which is one major reason why I was giving serious consideration to shutting this thread down and just making it go bye-bye but, I ultimately decided that members had thick enough skin to continue the discussion as intelligent (but opinionated) adults. To what end, I don't know??

I haven't really seen any personal attacks on other forum members which would be a forum rule violation.

I have seen rather strong differences of opinion. NOT a forum rule violation.

And if members want to call the auditor a tool or a nitwit (him not being a forum member) - that is not a rule violation.

Should you folks want the thread to be deleted as an issue that is not going to be solved here on this forum...we can make that happen.

To me it seems like an issue that is just going to go round and round without a real world solution but, Hey...I have been wrong at least twice in my lifetime.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    I should add that if members click on the forum category - Open Carry Issues & Discussion - you will notice four toned Sticky threads.

There it is outlined what the rules are for posting comments or opening threads there.

I really don't skim threads or posts related to open carry for the simple reason that I dont carry open.

If any of you report a personal attack that goes beyond personal opinion then proper Moderator action can be taken.

If a specific post doesn't get reported then chances are great that it's just going slide right by.

I could be wrong but to the best of my knowledge pretty much all of our Moderators and Admin carry concealed.

That is just my best guess based on the holsters that they own or purchase and some random talk in the Private Staff area.

Possibly all of us have carried Open on sporadic and random occasions.

Bottom Line REPORT! if you ever want any Moderator action to be taken.
    JD, msgt/ret and bmcgilvray like this.

Senior Moderator

Report!
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Ex Member
    There are people who think they need therapy because they see a ďMAGAĒ shirt. With 300+ million people in the country there are people who will find anything to freak out over. However, that doesnít mean itís a widespread issue that we should be concerned about. Iíve seen plenty of people open carry, never seen anyone care except on the internet.
    Let me try the question more directly. Would you be good with someone illegally carrying an AR in an establishment where you and your family are eating dinner?
    ETXhiker likes this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    My view is that "Second Amendment Auditor" is a nitwit of a higher order.
    You are an incredibly astute and wise man.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Administrator
    Information for all forum members.

Please keep in mind that (these days) new forum members may post comments without first having read our forum rules page when they joined the forum.

That is just the way it is now.

So if any members spot a new member that posts a borderline rule violating comment - politely direct them to the forum rules page.

Brand new members cannot follow the forum rules if they haven't read them.

Our goal is to have new members become great participating members.

So try hard not to RIP them a new one right away.

Our real adversaries are out there and hopefully not participating here.

Peace Out.
    bmcgilvray, msgt/ret and ETXhiker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I should add that if members click on the forum category - Open Carry Issues & Discussion - you will notice four toned Sticky threads.

There it is outlined what the rules are for posting comments or opening threads there.

I really don't skim threads or posts related to open carry for the simple reason that I dont carry open.

If any of you report a personal attack that goes beyond personal opinion then proper Moderator action can be taken.

If a specific post doesn't get reported then chances are great that it's just going slide right by.

I could be wrong but to the best of my knowledge pretty much all of our Moderators and Admin carry concealed.

That is just my best guess based on the holsters that they own or purchase and some random talk in the Private Staff area.

Possibly all of us have carried Open on sporadic and random occasions.

Bottom Line REPORT! if you ever want any Moderator action to be taken.
    Well if I were to say that I think (my opinion) concealed carriers who ridicule, insult, and condemn OC'ers are tools without naming names but immediately after you said the staff of D. C. were concealed carriers would that be conducive to promoting a polite and civil conversation? I think not. In fact I might find myself on the wrong end of rule #2.

Again I would suggest that it isn't the defenders of OC who spew most (if not darn near all) of the divisive posts. And the proof of that is within this very discussion.

I would very much like to have a polite discussion about OC devoid of inflammatory remarks so there would not be any need or reason for any posts to be reported but that will not happen when it is clear at least one member of the staff not only condones the use of those remarks but indulges in it themselves. It is one thing for posters to denigrate one aspect of the right to bear arms but it is quite another to have staff give it's blessing by their own actions. And no, I do not wish for any action to befall that Administrator that wouldn't happen to a regular poster. (I fully understand that also leaves me open to any action just because of the first paragraph of my reply)

If D. C. doesn't want to accept OC'ers into this particular online community and would prefer to return to a concealed carry only website/forum all that is necessary is to make a rule that discussing OC is off limits. But doing that doesn't help unite the gun community any more than the condemnation of OC'ers rampant within D. C. does now.

This website, Defensive Carry, is as much private property as any brick and mortar building with the same private property right to require folks to adhere to a specific set of rules as a condition for being allowed to enjoy what the site has to offer. So it is up to D. C., and especially it's short and long time members, if it wants civil discourse about OC or to just avoid it altogether.
    sgb likes this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Nix
    Let me try the question more directly. Would you be good with someone illegally carrying an AR in an establishment where you and your family are eating dinner?

Might depend on the situation. How is said AR being carried? Mag in place? In general, I wouldn't care if the individual didn't look 1) crazy, 2) hostile and dangerous, or 3) a food critic.

The first time I turned a corner and saw an Afghan national walking toward me, carrying an AK at the low ready, I recoiled like I had step on a rattle snake. Then one gets used to that and it doesn't seem like a big deal (until it is.).
    Bikenut likes this.

I think I have said multiple times that carrying into a place where itís prohibited by law was not smart. Iím not advocating for breaking the law. You seem bothered by someone carrying a gun, regardless of whether or not itís legal. Or am I misunderstanding your opinion here?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links