Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged - Page 7

Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged

This is a discussion on Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bikenut And seeing gun owners/carriers including an Administrator of a gun forum that supposedly support the right to bear arms throwing stones ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: Second Amendment "Auditor" Arrested and Charged

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And seeing gun owners/carriers including an Administrator of a gun forum that supposedly support the right to bear arms throwing stones at someone who exercises the right to bear arms in a way those folks don't like isn't much of a shock anymore either.

Regardless I do not buy into the idea that rights are subject to individual personal (or societal) opinion of what is reasonable or acceptable. We either have rights or we only have privileges subject to personal opinion. Sadly many gun owners have bought into the idea that in order to protect the right to bear arms they must rail against anyone who doesn't bow to the opinions of how it is reasonable and acceptable to exercise that right.

The right to bear arms is being destroyed by gun owners buying into the anti gun mantra of reasonable and acceptable.

And while an Administrator is entitled to his opinions voicing those opinions on the forum hold more weight than an ordinary member and can easily be construed by folks to be the opinions and perspectives of the website's owner. In short, while the representatives of the property owner have the right to their own opinions they also have a responsibility to be careful to not let their position on the forum lend an inordinate amount of weight to the opinions they voice.
    Maybe you should start a poll on here asking members if they feel walking around with a long gun in public
    is acceptable and if they think it could ever become the norm to the point of being no big deal.

Yes there are laws technically and there is also reality.....Anybody who is a law abiding citizen and wants to walk around
    with a long gun is fine by me...But they shouldn't cry when the law is called on them in today's climate or any climate for that
    matter....It is not normal and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Maybe you should start a poll on here asking members if they feel walking around with a long gun in public
    is acceptable and if they think it could ever become the norm to the point of being no big deal.

Yes there are laws technically and there is also reality.....Anybody who is a law abiding citizen and wants to walk around
    with a long gun is fine by me...But they shouldn't cry when the law is called on them in today's climate or any climate for that
    You’re probably right that it will never be “normal”. If it were the left that was pro gun instead of the right, it would be “normal” already.
    SAXDM9 and OD* like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    If you can’t exercise a right because doing so will cause you to lose it then you didn’t have the right to begin with.

Have you ever seen anyone freak out because someone was open carrying? I haven’t.
    I think the point being made is open carry with a handgun on your hip is one thing.( i have seen the negative effects of that also personally)
    And heading out shopping with a long gun is another thing...Rather right or wrong what positive attention can come from that?
    entertainment72 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I dunno, @Havok , if one sides for and another’s against then there’s bound to be tension, like the rope in a tug of war. Where’s normal? What’s the war really about between the two sides? Neither side really cares as long as they can win the battle. It’s all elemental human nature, for better or worse.
    Havok likes this.

Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Where I live, Arizona, it is legal to carry ANY firearm open or concealed as long as that person is not prohibited from possessing firearms.
    Shortly after the Walmart customer with AR was a news item, I asked the owner of our favorite local pizza restaurant what his reaction would be if I walked in with an AR slung over my shoulder. (I occasionally open carry there as do many other customers)
    He said it would disrupt business because he and the staff would want to check it out, and ask to shoot it out back (rural AZ, legal here).
    So OC vs CC can be accepted differently in different locations.
    Here's pics of the restaurant decor:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Havok, msgt/ret, SAXDM9 and 4 others like this.

I think the point being made is open carry with a handgun on your hip is one thing.( i have seen the negative effects of that also personally)
    And heading out shopping with a long gun is another thing...Rather right or wrong what positive attention can come from that?
    I realize that, but its that way because we settle for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAXDM9 View Post
    I dunno, @Havok , if one sides for and another’s against then there’s bound to be tension, like the rope in a tug of war. Where’s normal? What’s the war really about between the two sides? Neither side really cares as long as they can win the battle. It’s all elemental human nature, for better or worse.
    Thats true and its been that way with many things in the past. The difference is how each side handles things.
    SAXDM9 likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Nix
    Nice decor. How's the pizza?
    TimBob likes this.

Thats true and its been that way with many things in the past. The difference is how each side handles things.
    Exactly right. Usually though, it seems the stronger side could show a lot more grace in their win.
    Havok likes this.

Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Nice decor. How's the pizza?
    The food is excellent! We lucked out when we moved there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TimBob likes this.

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And seeing gun owners/carriers including an Administrator of a gun forum that supposedly support the right to bear arms throwing stones at someone who exercises the right to bear arms in a way those folks don't like isn't much of a shock anymore either.

Regardless I do not buy into the idea that rights are subject to individual personal (or societal) opinion of what is reasonable or acceptable. We either have rights or we only have privileges subject to personal opinion. Sadly many gun owners have bought into the idea that in order to protect the right to bear arms they must rail against anyone who doesn't bow to the opinions of how it is reasonable and acceptable to exercise that right.

The right to bear arms is being destroyed by gun owners buying into the anti gun mantra of reasonable and acceptable.

And while an Administrator is entitled to his opinions voicing those opinions on the forum hold more weight than an ordinary member and can easily be construed by folks to be the opinions and perspectives of the website's owner. In short, while the representatives of the property owner have the right to their own opinions they also have a responsibility to be careful to not let their position on the forum lend an inordinate amount of weight to the opinions they voice.

One only needs read this thread to see how much resistance there is to the notion that the way to make things acceptable is to first make them ordinary to see. That is what happened in Michigan when folks started open carrying pistols in pubic. But if they hadn't carried those pistols carrying pistols would never have become acceptable. I do not see why that wouldn't work with long guns too.

Please consider that the public seeing guns, both handguns and long guns, during hunting season is accepted as normal because, well because it is hunting season and the public has accepted that people carry guns during hunting season. If it works for hunting season why wouldn't it work at other times? Could it be because guns aren't seen at other times because folks don't carry guns like they do during hunting season? Is it necessary to have the excuse of hunting season to exercise the right to bear a long arm?

For something to become normal (like seeing bodies covered in tattoos) that something has to be seen often enough to become accepted as normal to see.

And lastly, taking a poll would only find out how many people on this forum have a negative opinion about carrying a long gun (could just count the negative posts in this thread) but that brings us back to what I've been saying that if the ability to exercise the right to bear arms is subject to opinion then the ability becomes a privilege according to the opinion of what is acceptable to be allowed.
    since9 likes this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Distinguished Member
    Is saying someone is "getting tiresome" against forum rules?
    wmhawth and entertainment72 like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Name:  th.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  7.0 KB
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Is saying someone is "getting tiresome" against forum rules?
    Not in the form of a question.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Not in the form of a question.
    Being tiresome is not a rule violation.

If that was the case I'd have to ban myself.
    TimBob, Wavygravy, OD* and 1 others like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

People carrying long guns have done great things for Texas. Things are so great for gun rights in California I have no doubt you’d have constitutional carry if not for the black panthers.
    - texas don't have constitutional carry
    - CA is virtual shall-issue in all counties except LA and SF
    - texas no gun signs have force of law, in CA they don't
    - and the more those 'auditors' audit the 2A the more fodder for gun-control advocates -- that was the lesson of the Panthers...

- 'auditing' for auditing's sake brings laws for law's sake
    - common sense, DISCRETION, and freedom are all reciprocal.

- Rights are interesting: they exist so long as you don't excersize them simply for the sake of excersizing them
    - don't believe me?
    - keep 'auditing' and see the new laws the powers come up with...

OD* likes this.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links