- I'm not comparing CA to Texas
- I reminding you of the FACTS
- FACT: no constitutional carry in Texas (so much for your rights)
- FACT: no firearms signs have force of law in Texas (so much for your rights -- that was actually to remind you that Texas has a more restrictive gun law than CA - LOL!)
- Work on it
- But in my opinion open carrying will only make matters worse
- the panthers open carried to 'test the second amendment' and it led to gun control laws
- 100% certain that if people keep 'auditing' the 2A more gun control WILL happen
You think open carrying makes things worse because you live in a state where open carry is illegal and you can barely own guns to begin with. You dont understand the culture other places in the country. Whether you like it or not, a group of people open carrying long guns has made a huge positive impact in Texas. Whether you like it or not, a group of ranchers with long guns in Nevada, and then again in Oregon were a blessing for the nation.
The guy thinking he is "auditing" someone is dumb, because there is no real audit, but there is nothing wrong with carrying a long gun if he decides he wants to. With the exception of carrying in a business that serves alcohol, of course, since that is against the law there. Some people just feel the need to get bent out of shape when others carry a firearm superior to theirs.
- well we shall see how it plays out for Texas
- open carry DID make things worse in CA and every other state where open carry is excersized for the sake of excersicing it..
- that's my warning to Texas... 'auditards' (yes, auditards) = Black Panthers = goodbye open carry
- and to remind you of the facts again, California is second to Texas in the entire nation in gun-sales and overall gun-economy... hardly an 'anti-gun' culture being #2 in the entire nation..lol
- what IS here is hoops and regulations which gets confused by outsiders as being restrictive
- there is no legitimate reason to open carry aside from hunting or range shooting or shooting on your own property ALL of which are 100% legal in California.
- this may shock you, but we see people openly shooting on their property and openly carrying at free public shooting areas or hunting all the time in CA
- these activities were of course the common-sense ideas behind open carrying. But when Panthers/auditards came along, it was clear the people couldnt handle it..
- so my point is, Im not sure what I'm missing by seeing some wannabee cowboy with a gun on his hip at the mall?
- this is how we do it in CA, hate all you want:
You say that video is how you do it in california. Id be embarrassed to admit that.
One thing about it; no matter how ya' choose to define "hoops and regulations" it can't be American liberty.
If it walks like "restrictions" and it quacks like "restrictions" then it's restrictions and it stinks to high heaven like proscription.
It isn't so much OC is bad. It's the clearly provocative intention of some of those doing it that draws negative attention. And who carries a rifle into a store to simply do some shopping? :rolleyes:
- the facts simply don't lie
- CA is #2 behind Texas in national gun sales and according to some sources #1 in the American gun economy
- That is HARDLY an 'anti-gun state' or an anti-gun culture
- in fact just the opposite the numbers simply don't lie:
"Top Ten States with the Highest Economic Impact of the Gun Industry
1. Texas: $3.83B and 23,070 jobs
2. California: $3.64B and 20,610 jobs"
- stats don't lie
- doesnt matter how many more people are in CA - if it was an anti-gun state those numbers wouldnt be what they indeed are
- Open carry happens in California DAILY
- you just can't comprehend your mainstream media programming deceiving you
- Do you realize that we are legally allowed to shoot shotguns on our property here?
- And that most other target shooting on private proerty isin't enforced unless it defies common sense?
- common sense meaning within city-limits or downtown, etc?
- Do you not realize that there are PUBLIC, STATE shooting areas and hunting areas where people OPEN CARRY all the time?
- these areas are not even patrolled or enforced..
- try to wrap your head around this (from the BLM website):
"Public Lands in California offer a wide variety of recreational opportunities, including hunting, fishing and recreational target shooting.
14 million acres available for hunting and recreational shooting:
- I know, I know, TV never told you that! lol!
- 14 MILLION ACRES of OPEN SHOOTING and therefore OPEN CARRY
- 'unmanaged' means no government officials are there to babysit or check on you
- people set up shot and openly carry, target shoot, and hunt all over california on a daily basis
- ZOMG!^ Open carry duck-hunting in CALIFORNIA?!? The TV never told me that was allowed in California! lololol
- you gotta re-educate yourself about CA
- Join our fight instead of fighting us
- YES open-carry IN DUMB PLACES is banned here AS IT SHOULD BE.
- YES open-carry IS ALLOWED and HAPPENS in ALL PLACES WHERE IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED and makes sense: on rural property, anywhere with a backstop away from roads, etc, and hunting areas
- again, as far as Texas and 'auditors' go - it will only lead to common-sense banning of spectacle-related open-carry practices...