Defensive Carry banner

NYC: Orthodox Jews seen open carrying in NY

7K views 63 replies 36 participants last post by  Mike1956 
#1 ·

The above is from Breaking 911 - a NYC Twitter Feed.

See less See more
#14 ·
In light of the Holocaust, I can't figure out why ANY Jew would be for gun-control.
I have also wondered about this for many years. It just makes no sense. There is a whole section in John Ross' book, "Unintended Consequences" where he covers Jews in WWII and Jewish resistance. Very good read. This is a book I highly recommend, if you can find a copy.

#8 ·
I never understood why most Jews Vote liberal.
After all they have been through it makes no sense.
My best buddy is Jewish and he has not been able to explain it to me.
He is not a flaming lib, but he does swing that way

#13 ·
KILTED COWBOY said:
I never understood why most Jews Vote liberal.
After all they have been through it makes no sense.
My best buddy is Jewish and he has not been able to explain it to me.
He is not a flaming lib, but he does swing that way
MY S-I-L is Jewish and a liberal Democrat. When I ask her how she can support a party that has become openly anti-Semitic, she tells me the Republicans are just as bad. There's no talking to her.

#16 ·
I suggest that Mr. Shapiro is wrong.

Oh, he's correct, that most Jews are secular, and not religious. And that many Jews are atheists* (like me, for instance).
But that's not why Jews vote Progressive (not "Democrat"; but Progressive).

A very important part of the Jewish world view and life view is a concept that, in (transliterated) Hebrew, is called Tikka Olam.
Tikka Olam, in English, means "to fix the world."
Jews see their social and religious missions as callings to "fix the world." Jews want to make the world "a better place."
Note that no Jew can tell you whether it is necessary that the "fixed world" suit you — or them for that matter. Nobody has defined "better."
All they know is that the world isn't working correctly right now, so it needs to be fixed.
How would "working correctly" be defined? Nobody really knows.

But the Jews do know that the Progressives are also out to "fix the world," and to "make it a better place."
So therefore, if a Jew who has never learned to think critically truly wants to make the world a better place, then that non-critical-thinking Jew votes for Progressives. They, after all, are doing the right thing.
And how does the non-critical-thinking Jew know that the Progressives are doing the right thing? Why, because the Progressives continually tell us so.
So it must be true. Right?

*So, why are so many Jews actually atheists? Ah, that's really easy to answer.
Jews are raised to discuss everything, especially religious matters.
These discussions very often become heated, with yelling. "I'm right! You're wrong!" and stuff like that.
So since Jews are trained to argue about religion, it's an easy step to also argue with God. Indeed, there are many Jewish jokes (by Jews about Jews) which involve arguing angrily directly with God, and how God answers these arguments.
Well, if you've been brought up to argue with God, it's an easy step to seeing God as being wrong. And the very next step is to believe that, because God has not really answered me directly, then God really doesn't exist. QED

The Ultra-Orthodox (Hasids, for instance) solve this problem by joining one or another group, each led by a know-it-all Rabbi whom they venerate almost as if he were God's appointed messenger or judge. The members of a group do whatever their Rabbi tells them is the right thing to do.
Trouble is, each of these venerated Rabbis has his own idea about right, wrong, and how to accomplish Tikka Olam. And none agrees with any other. And their separate groups (call them congregations) are not on speaking terms with one-another, either.

So now you know about Jews.

#20 ·
I have found that discussing religion, like politics, has one result: One's own opinion is always right and everyone else's opinion is wrong.

#24 ·
Well, I seriously hope the men with long guns are not harassed (or worse) by NYS police or other police regardless.

This is the Second Amendment at the leading edge of Freedom, where the First Amendment lives and dies.

We should all focus on their Constitutional stance, not their religion.

Bravo for these men!

#41 ·
EXACTLY!

While every American regardless of their ethnicity or religion etc., has the right to protect and to defend themselves; that goes especially for ethnicities that are constantly being targeted with domestic terrorism being perpetrated against them because of their ethnicity. And, while these wonderful Jewish brothers of ours are being praised for taking up arms to defend themselves (and they should be), the same acknowledgement should be done for our black brothers (and any other ethnic community) that does so as well in the defense of themselves.

#33 ·
These men are taking a big risk. Standard AR rifles are illegal to buy in NY, and older ones are supposed to be registered...though I imagine the non compliance rate is high. Can’t allow the ragamuffin common folk to have “assault weapons” in the PRNY...

Good for them.

#46 ·
I first saw this on Mrgunsngear Facebook page. Supposedly the man in the tan vest replayed. He stated the rifles are NY compliant, the magazines are permanently attached and limited to 10 round. I am not sure how that would work but those are his words not mine. He also stated that since they are on privet property the carrying of the firearms is legal. Once again I cannot confirm that the post I saw was really the man in the picture. I just though this may answer a few questions, or cause a few. Either way.

#49 ·
I can remember in the early 1960's when Dad who was NYPD told me that legally, I could walk the streets of NYC with my deer rifle slung and empty. He didn't say I wouldn't get stopped but it was legal. Now, they'd call out swat and you'd be in danger.

How do you reload an AR with a pinned magazine? I'd think it would be very awkward. Back to clips and M1's.

#51 ·
Reactions: Grizzly2 and OD*
#55 ·
Wow, I'm glad I don't live in NYC any longer. Look at these rules they must follow to the letter or have their firearms confiscated.
https://newyorkcityguns.com/keeping-your-new-york-city-permits/

The men in the photo are outside of NYC. No wonder Bloomberg is so sure of himself and his beliefs. He has the city tied up and wants to do the same for the whole nation.

Reactions: OD*
#56 ·
With the NY State Laws, and their stance on the "Evil Black Rifles" I'm wondering how these people were able to have them (notice the configuration of the rifles) I'm ALL FOR whatever they need to do the protect themselves. I'm wondering if they are Exempt due to their Religion or similar......NOT being argumentative in any way.... just curious at this point...

#59 ·
If you had one before the SAFE Act was passed you could keep it but it has to be registered as an “assault weapon.” My understanding is the estimated compliance with the law is very low.

Reactions: CLASS3NH and OD*
#58 ·
It looks like they added a modification to the ejection port also. They are a little bulky but so far this isn't a combat zone either and that should work. I'll bet they have a handy way to carry a couple also.

The Gov's security team should have to carry them also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.