Helped out a fellow carrier...

This is a discussion on Helped out a fellow carrier... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night, I needed to make a run to the nearest Walmart for our son's birthday. I the "snack" aisle, I see a man with ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Helped out a fellow carrier...

Last night, I needed to make a run to the nearest Walmart for our son's birthday. I the "snack" aisle, I see a man with a blued S&W snub with wooden "combat" grips in an OWB holster, with his sweatshirt/shirt lifted and tucked behind the gun. I asked him "10 or 36?", but go no response. A minute later, I see his wife and say "I am glad to see your husband open carrying. We don't that very often here." She looked confused and said something to the effect of "I don't think he meant to do that." Turns out, the man was a concealed carrier who had a cover garment malfunction. He was hard of hearing, so didn't pick up on my original question . He was extremely appreciative of my heads-up and we were all happy it was a fellow armed citizen who noticed and not a snowflake. Turned out the couple were longtime locals with kids who graduated from my HS and where our son will start next year.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Thanks for busting me out in front of my wife man I appreciate it. She chewed me out all the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Thanks for busting me out in front of my wife man I appreciate it. She chewed me out all the way home.
    Ha!

Cool that you are a member here too.

Sorry if I caused any relationship challenges!

Take Care!
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    Ha!

Cool that you are a member here too.

Sorry if I caused any relationship challenges!

Take Care!
    I was kidding man I am sorry if you thought that really was me.
    airslot, OneGunTX, GpTom and 3 others like this.

I was kidding man I am sorry if you thought that really was me.
    No worries. You never know- I thought it best to assume you were same person.
    GpTom and CLASS3NH like this.

Dude,.. you get ignored and then approach his Wife to further the contact? Is OC illegal in your State?

Down here in the South, it would have been a big NO-NO to approach the guys Wife after he himself seemingly ignored you. I would not have interjected myself but if I did and he ignored me, I would have left them alone.

Perhaps it was not your intent but there seems to be a developing culture of ( passive aggressively) calling out people who commit some sort of perceived faux pas involving a firearm. I just don't get it.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Dude,.. you get ignored and then approach his Wife to further the contact? Is OC illegal in your State?

Down here in the South, it would have been a big NO-NO to approach the guys Wife after he himself seemingly ignored you. I would not have interjected myself but if I did and he ignored me, I would have left them alone.

Perhaps it was not your intent but there seems to be a developing culture of ( passive aggressively) calling out people who commit some sort of perceived faux pas involving a firearm. I just don't get it.
    I guess its just how the interenet is, but I didnt interpret his post this way at all.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Depends on where in Colorado, OC is illegal in Denver and they do enforce it.

I normally mind my own business but if I saw someone open carry in Denver I'd mention it.
    Fizban likes this.

Depends on where in Colorado, OC is illegal in Denver and they do enforce it.

I normally mind my own business but if I saw someone open carry in Denver I'd mention it.
    If OC is illegal, I certainly understand the effort to help a brother out.

If OC is illegal, I certainly understand the effort to help a brother out.
    Colorado has State Preemption but we also have Home Rule. Denver was a city before Colorado was a State so on issues deemed to be of overriding interest to the city they can override the State in the city limits.
    surefire7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I guess its just how the interenet is, but I didnt interpret his post this way at all.
    If you went around me to talk to my wife we'd have words.
    Fizban likes this.

Colorado has State Preemption but we also have Home Rule. Denver was a city before Colorado was a State so on issues deemed to be of overriding interest to the city they can override the State in the city limits.
    wow.. that is problematic for sure.

If you went around me to talk to my wife we'd have words.
    Do you also act as a medium between your wife and the waiter every time you go out to eat to ensure she doesnt talk to another male? Some people just like to talk. Not everyone has ill intentions. This isn't the middle east.
    JohnHerbert likes this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Do you also act as a medium between your wife and the waiter every time you go out to eat to ensure she doesnt talk to another male? Some people just like to talk. Not everyone has ill intentions. This isn't the middle east.
    Actually I do order for my wife when we go out to eat. It's actually the accepted social convention.

Having said that, a waiter and some random person in Walmart are two totally different scenarios. You spoke to me, I ignored you (actually I'm hard of hearing like guy in the OP) so you try to start a conversation with my wife?

Yeah we be having words and some of them would include GTFOH

Actually I do order for my wife when we go out to eat. It's actually the accepted social convention.

Having said that, a waiter and some random person in Walmart are two totally different scenarios. You spoke to me, I ignored you (actually I'm hard of hearing like guy in the OP) so you try to start a conversation with my wife?

Yeah we be having words and some of them would include GTFOH
    lol. I didnt interpret his post as going "behind his back". It appears the guy that was actually involved in this situation in real life wasn't offended by it either. No need to be an internet tough guy when someone is just trying to be nice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links