They Live Among Us

They Live Among Us

This is a discussion on They Live Among Us within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wife and I went out again this week for dinner. I met her at the restaurant. I removed my sport coat because it was warm. ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree511Likes

Thread: They Live Among Us

They Live Among Us

Wife and I went out again this week for dinner. I met her at the restaurant. I removed my sport coat because it was warm. Left my tie on. Another diner saw my M&P in a leather holster with a retention strap over the slide.

The diner got upset and told the owner they could not dine in a place where a person had a gun. I had no interaction with this diner. I have known the owner for years.

Owner told the diner she welcomed all, even those that carry a gun for personal or professional reasons. My only regret is that my choice hurt the owner's business. The owner said she did not care about this customer.

Whatever happened to mind your own business??

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    CHINA LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!

Owner made a smart decision. You didn’t cost them that business. The other did if they decided to leave. I’ve never been asked to leave a place because I was carrying, but if I was, it would be there loss because I probably tip better than the whiney snowflake that’s complaining.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

I wear a vest as my cover garment, but I don't wear business-style jackets or ties. If it's cold, I wear an outer coat over my vest.
    Normally, it's never too warm for me to have to remove my vest, up here in the Great North-Wet.
    But if I do, as I once did in an overheated Korean restaurant, my wife and I have a drill. Covered by my vest, I slide my pistol to her, and she puts it into her purse, which stays very close to her. Then I can remove my vest.
    All anybody who looks will see is a simple, unassuming holster. And I try to keep that covered with my removed vest.

You might work something like that out with your wife.
    Although I have nothing but contempt for snowflakes, I prefer not to arouse controversy or to disturb anyone. I see it as a PR issue.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1 View Post
    I wear a vest as my cover garment, but I don't wear business-style jackets or ties. If it's cold, I wear an outer coat over my vest.
    Normally, it's never too warm for me to have to remove my vest, up here in the Great North-Wet.
    But if I do, as I once did in an overheated Korean restaurant, my wife and I have a drill. Covered by my vest, I slide my pistol to her, and she puts it into her purse, which stays very close to her. Then I can remove my vest.
    All anybody who looks will see is a simple, unassuming holster. And I try to keep that covered with my removed vest.

Although I have nothing but contempt for snowflakes, I prefer not to arouse controversy or to disturb anyone. I see it as a PR issue.
    Suit yourself, but that would not be my choice. First, I prefer for safety and legal reasons to never handle a gun in public unless it is to use the gun, even if I have some slick procedure to get away with it. I don't make exceptions for restaurants or anywhere else. Second, if a need arises, I would rather the gun be on my person and not in my wife's purse. Third, I don't think a purse is generally a good place for a gun. Finally, I still have to come up with some other solution if my wife is not with me. Given that I need another solution for some situations, I would rather use that one solution for all situations. Just MHO, only applies to me.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar

Ugh that to me is way too much handling of a loaded firearm between people in a public setting. But if it works for you......
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I live in Michigan where open carry is legal so if someone doesn't like to see my legally carried sidearm they can exercise their freedom to look at something else. Folks worry about the sight of a gun intimidating other people? Well if you live in a State where open carry is legal but feel you have to go through a sneaky system of trying to keep your gun hidden then it is YOU who has been intimidated. And intimidated by nothing more than the fear someone might not like what they see.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Yes they do live among us. Like a virus...

I guess the snowflake in OP's post was what you call "triggered".
    Florida CWFL
    Member Florida Carry
    Member NRA
    Condition Yellow

VIP Member
    Screw the offended diner, don't think the wait staff will miss them either.
    Gun grabbers are notorious for being cheap and no tippers.
    A lot of peoples dress and appearance offends me. I just mind my own business.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    A LOT OF PEOPLES DRESS AND APPEARANCE OFFENDS ME. I just mind my own business.

Oh so true!

How did the diner respond before leaving? Were they in disbelief? Did they leave without saying much?

Senior Moderator
    Regarding They Live Among Us:

They just need to watch some John Wayne movies.

Blithering panty-waist idiots!
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.”

Had OV been the owner, OV would have said, "If the place is filthy, the service bad, or the food is no good, 'I' have a problem. Otherwise, 'you' have a problem."
    Bikenut, OneGunTX, Havok and 15 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    Yer smarter'n ya' look OldVet.

Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.”

I have done that before also. It’s not the big deal some make it out to be.

Hell, I’d hate to think that I was so inept with my arms that handling a firearm among the public made me squeamish.
    Tstone, M1911A1, OD* and 4 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoHotel View Post
    Yes they do live among us. Like a virus...

I guess the snowflake in OP's post was what you call "triggered".
    It's contrived outrage coupled with some authentic cravenly lack of courage on the part of the snowflake.

I personally have nothing but contempt for fellow Americans who embrace any form of contrived outrage. My outrage over the inferior American citizens that they are is not contrived.

The kilted one makes a good point here.

"A lot of peoples dress and appearance offends me. I just mind my own business."

Beats contrived outrage, I can tell you that.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links