Glock Locking Block Pin Walk

This is a discussion on Glock Locking Block Pin Walk within the Reference & "How To" Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi everyone! Im Augusto and Im from Argentina, finally got my first hard earned Glock two monts ago, its a gen 3 glock 23. Great ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Augusto9529
  • 4 Post By Bad Bob
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm
  • 2 Post By pskys2

Thread: Glock Locking Block Pin Walk

Hi everyone! Im Augusto and Im from Argentina, finally got my first hard earned Glock two monts ago, its a gen 3 glock 23. Great gun, and im loving it, but the other day i made a detailed disassembly and cleaning because here ammo its way too expensive and the only realistic way to somehow shoot frecuently its reloading, thing is the guns got very dirty very soon and because its my carry piece i though that a gun deep clean would be a good idea. I watched a youtube video on how to remove the frame pins (left to right) so i did it(no hammers) just a small pin pusher. But the guy reasseble it left to right, not right to left how its supossed to. I did that way, and rappidly disassembly it again and put the pins in the right way making sure that the locking block pin got perfectly centered. Then i went to the range and shoot 80 rounds with no problem, yesterday i went again and shoot 100 rounds rappid fire because i dedicated my session to practice some bill drill skills. Thing is that when i got home and i inspected the pins, the firing block pin moved slighty to the right, it didnt protude from the frame, not even close. But it certanly moved to the right a little bit. I centered again but im afraid that in the middle of a match it will come loose. Or im just being paranoid? Here there is no glock certifed armorer or glock warranty. Plus spare OEM parts are really hard to find. I read every post on the topic and some solutions include: not big deal, centered again/replacing the pins for new ones/put some nail polish/ put some super glue.
    I found a local company who makes glock parts, and bought a pair of new stainless steel anti walk pins. But knowing how things are made here, im a little reductant to replace OEM parts. What do you guys think should i do?
    Thanks in advance, love the forum and sorry for my english
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glock Locking Block Pin Walk-f0c06375-3d68-4254-be95-ad2214f698d9_1556642549089.png  

Glock Locking Block Pin Walk-7af4ff63-b61b-40c6-920d-43dcb6d329e2_1556642602486.jpeg  

Glock Locking Block Pin Walk-01e8ea02-1873-4fbe-ab81-8c1895bda787_1556642613649.jpeg  

Glock Locking Block Pin Walk-9ca18f2c-d8d0-47b8-b7aa-79dc24956cb9_1556642626631.jpeg  

Glock Locking Block Pin Walk-4e3449ad-83b5-4496-a4df-1743a9213d5b_1556642636547.jpeg  

Glock Locking Block Pin Walk-897f1db6-8696-436a-9d37-30b166de54a9_1556642645219.jpeg  

CG11 likes this.

Augusto,

It does not matter if the pin goes in left to right or right to left. I have never had a problem, nor have I heard of a problem with the factory pins walking out. Glock's do not need to be extermely clean to function. Many of us in the US that shoot them competitively clean them once a year.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Augusto, what Bad Bob said.

Also, I wouldn’t worry about a little movement of the pin, unless it started to come out of the hole.
    Bad Bob and matthew03 like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Augusto, welcome to the forum. Your English is just fine. Both Bad Bob and glockman 10mm are correct
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

MJK
    Agree regarding pin...not a problem. I clean my Glock 19 after every session, if for no other reason than to carry a firearm that won’t smudge up my clothes with powder residue.
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

Did you make sure to put the slide relaese spring "under" the small pin?
    ShooterGranny and Bad Bob like this.

Thank you all for the quick replays!! I think i may be a little paraoid over this. I did make sure that the spring seats under the pin. But just in case i order the anti walking pins. What do you guys thinks of those, i saw that these dont have the dumbell form like the OEM ones, they are uniform and got an small space for the spring to seat.

Augusto, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good information here and the members are helpful. Welcome.
    100% of home invasions occur......in someone's home.....usually without warning.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum, Augusto9529, from California. Glad to have you aboard. While I am not a Glock expert, I'm sure your question is being well answered by those who are.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

Thank you all for the welcome! Im happy to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Augusto9529 View Post
    Thank you all for the quick replays!! I think i may be a little paraoid over this. I did make sure that the spring seats under the pin. But just in case i order the anti walking pins. What do you guys thinks of those, i saw that these dont have the dumbell form like the OEM ones, they are uniform and got an small space for the spring to seat.
    People normally buy them for cosmetics. I would be worried about the aftermarket pin breaking.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Biggest problems I’ve seen on Glock's was aftermarket parts myself. No need to stray away from the factory pins if they are not moving out of the frame if they are I would say try a factory replacement slide lock to see if the spring was weak.

Sponsored Links