How many of us carry/edc medical equipment? - Page 10

How many of us carry/edc medical equipment?

This is a discussion on How many of us carry/edc medical equipment? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by flh Thankyou for the video Marv , can you list what you showed in the video so we can look it up ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: How many of us carry/edc medical equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Thankyou for the video Marv , can you list what you showed in the video so we can look it up as to the uses etc..
    I'm still trying to figure out what I would like to put into a ghb, I'm a lil slow...
    Glad you liked the video, I'll absolutely put some links up to all of the stuff I mentioned tomorrow at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Thankyou for the video Marv , can you list what you showed in the video ....
    Quote Originally Posted by heymarv View Post
    Made a short video going over what medical gear I carry everyday. Questions, comments are welcome! Hopefully it gives you an idea of what's out there that perhaps you can incorporate into your EDC.

VIDEO: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0cn8FuZT4yNQP93Q2
    Here's a list of what was mentioned in the video in order of appearance:

Phlster PEW (Pocket Emergency Wallet)
    Contents:
    H&H Mini Compression Bandage
    H&H Compressed Gauze
    Woundclot Hemostatic Gauze
    Gloves

Phlster Flatpack
    Contents:
    Tac Med Solutions SOFFT-W TQ

Tac Med Solutions Ankle TQ Wrap
    Contents:
    Tac Med Solutions SOFFT-W TQ

Tuff Products Ankle Medical Wrap
    Contents:
    Benchmade Rescue Hook
    Celox Rapid Ribbon
    Gloves
    Beacon Chest Seal
    Streamlight Microstream

Also, just a note: If you're going to buy a tourniquet I highly recommend NOT buying those items on Amazon as it is awash in fake Chinese knock off tourniquets and off-brand copies of the two most popular and scientifically backed tourniquets: the North American Rescue CAT TQ, and Tac Med Solutions SOFFT-W. I would buy those direct from the manufacturer.
    flh likes this.

https://www.jaxsmp.com/wp-content/up...-Notes-PPT.pdf

In light of yesterday's school shooting, here's a great presentation on the basics of bleeding control.

CAUTION: there are a few "graphic" pics if you find that sort of stuff disturbing to view. However, I'd urge you to push past that as it is excellent information.

As far as training resources go, I highly recommend Lone Star Medics if you live in Texas.

You can also find free bleeding control basic classes here: https://cms.bleedingcontrol.org/Class/Search

Go forth and conquer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have a med kit in each vehicle... I don't carry anything medical related on my person. The only time I do is when I am in the woods or other remote locations
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    I carry an Israeli Bandage (4 w/2nd pad) with a pair of gloves in a tiny ziploc bag taped to it using about 12-18 of medical tape. The bandage can be opened without removing the tape or the tape could be used for the 2nd pad or with the bandage plastic as a chest seal. I also carry a couple basic first aid items in a small ziploc (@4x2).

My vehicle has a more extensive IFAK, but the Israeli is small and light enough that I actually carry it.

Another option that I considered and is about the size as a deck of cards and similar to the phlster pocket emergency wallet is the OSS Pocket Pack
    Last edited by SOS24; February 16th, 2018 at 09:58 PM.
    heymarv likes this.

That OSS kit looks like a good option that's easy to carry. Medical EDC is like the gun, if this stuff is cumbersome to keep on your person you're not going to do it. I've found and tried to share carry solutions that work for me and hopefully inspired others to give it a try.

That OSS kit looks like a good option that's easy to carry. Medical EDC is like the gun, if this stuff is cumbersome to keep on your person you're not going to do it. I've found and tried to share carry solutions that work for me and hopefully inspired others to give it a try.
    The need to be portable is what led to the OSS pocket packs. They wanted something LEOs would carry on person vice leaving in the car. There are a couple different kits which are vacuum sealed in heavy plastic (skip packs).

Here is a picture of my Israli bandage with gloves (left) compared to a dollar. On the right is another very minimal option, the woundstop home care Israeli bandage which is a 4x7 pad attached to 5yds elastic and closure bar..
    How many of us carry/edc medical equipment?-09a15e2d-cf79-43f7-9485-29f1d71c1041.jpg
    crispyfriedpunk likes this.

Very nice. I like those Woundstop bandages, I keep one in another small kit I have, nice footprint for a pressure bandage.

I carry a medical bag in my backseat, however ... it's in the backseat. Medical gear for you is only as good as it is accessible! The Phlster Flatpack which holds a Tac Med Solutions SOFFT-W tourniquet attaches nicely to the seatbelt and stows away well with little UV exposure as that could be a concern over time. Pretty happy with this addition to my vehicle medical setup.

AzQkr and crispyfriedpunk like this.

Accidentally deleted video from post #134, here's the new link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qjrgVF8IojMsFemp1

Here are two picture of the OSS Pocket Patrol Pack and an Israeli (with outer plastic removed) compared to a deck of cards.
    How many of us carry/edc medical equipment?-fdf6d984-c547-466d-a4e6-e89c79c3b025.jpegHow many of us carry/edc medical equipment?-051dfca5-7d03-480f-ad16-cb776dc7b9af.jpeg
    crispyfriedpunk likes this.

Thanks for the pics! Looks nice and slim, pocketable.

Distinguished Member
    I probably should carry something better than the first aid kit in the back of my car but I rarely go shooting outside of supervised gun ranges. So, I don't worry too much about this. If I got shot in the middle of nowhere my chances of survival would be next to zero anyway. I don't hunt either.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    I probably should carry something better than the first aid kit in the back of my car but I rarely go shooting outside of supervised gun ranges. So, I don't worry too much about this. If I got shot in the middle of nowhere my chances of survival would be next to zero anyway. I don't hunt either.
    Why would you think that? Shot in an extremity [ arm/leg ] being able to deal with it is fairly straightforward with the right equipment AND knowledge of medical care. Shot in the torso, you may still be able to self assess and partially stem the onset of shock, blood loss, sucking chest wound, arterial bleeders etc with some knowledge and equipment at hand.

Knowledge first, equipment second, but having both could reduce the chances of being found deceased in the middle of nowhere having just laid down and given up.
    heymarv and crispyfriedpunk like this.

Confirming what most of us already know: Civilian Prehospital Tourniquet Use Is Associated with Improved Survival in Patients with Peripheral Vascular Injury: https://www.journalacs.org/article/S...101-7/abstract

The TL;DR is: Although still underused, civilian prehospital tourniquet application was independently associated with a 6-fold mortality reduction in patients with peripheral vascular injuries.

What are you carrying?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links