Anyone use a Tipton Best Gun Vise? - Page 2

Anyone use a Tipton Best Gun Vise?

This is a discussion on Anyone use a Tipton Best Gun Vise? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by eshooter251 I saw someone said the Tipton was concerning being plastic. Do you think the CTK steel one would be better. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone use a Tipton Best Gun Vise?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eshooter251 View Post
    I saw someone said the Tipton was concerning being plastic. Do you think the CTK steel one would be better. I saw a couple good reviews on them https://gunscleaner.com/best-gun-vis...enance-center/ but the CTK are a little more expensive. So if the tipton is fine I probably wouldn't spend the extra money.
    I have two Tipton's now. I use them to hold the gun in place while I work on it either out in the shop or in the house on the bench. I also have a vise on both benches for work that the Tipton is unsuited for.

I wouldn't combine a shooting rest and a gun vise, though.

I've had one for a couple of years now. I have used it infrequently, but it has sufficed in everything I've needed it for. It is a decent tool for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Like the title says, is the Tipton "Best Gun Vise" (Tipton Best Gun Vise) a worthwhile addition to my supplies?

I am currently looking for some sort of vise/stand that would be beneficial to have for mounting scopes, assembling lowers, ect... as well as cleaning and routine maintenance.

Granted, I am sure having a vise on my 600 pound, rock solid reloading/workbench would be the best plan, but with my current living situation, that is not an option.

If there are better options out there in the <$100 range, I would like to hear about those as well.
    I've used one for many decades. Actually since they first came out. Still on my first one. Now mind you, I only use it for cleaning, not shooting. I second the caution that you not work it over with a 10 pound sledge hammer or run over it with a pickup and it will serve you as long as mine has.

Mine doesn't have the post in the middle though. And I would never torque a barrel on an Ar-15 in one. I use a regular BIG steel vise with a barrel fixture for that task.
    airslot likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links