Best gun belt - Page 3

Best gun belt

This is a discussion on Best gun belt within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GR Hanks belts. I got the "Black Out" and love it. Not to mention that it comes with 100 year warranty :) ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Best gun belt

Quote Originally Posted by GR View Post
    Hanks belts.
    I got the "Black Out" and love it.
    Not to mention that it comes with 100 year warranty :)
    +1 on Hank's Belts. I have a 1.5" Gunner belt from them, supports my Ruger LW Commander very nicely.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

I've been wearing a Crossbreed Classic belt for over four years, pretty much every day. Does the job, still looks good. (Maybe I should give it a polishing or something some day.)
    https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/P...assic-Gun-Belt
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 227 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomstick75 View Post
    This is what I've been using for the past 6 months, but am seriously considering buying a Bigfoot 1.5 inch. The Aker works, and supports all the crap I put on my belt for EDC (full size 9, 18 rounds in it, spare 17 round mag, Leatherman Rebar) but it is starting to curl and bend around where I hitch it up. Not to mention it is a bit TOO stiff. But it works just fine.
    Same here... Def got a wave in it where it goes through the buckle, but it's only evident when I take it off and it hasn't seemed like a problem.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

+1 for A Better Belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLiberty View Post
    Same here... Def got a wave in it where it goes through the buckle, but it's only evident when I take it off and it hasn't seemed like a problem.
    No it doesn't seem like it affects the performance of the belt, but it does sort of make me wonder about the durability long-term because of the polymer insert. The steel of the Bigfoot seems like it would last longer to me. Plus the pic that Ianthin posted up of it being perfectly straight after a good bit of use is promising.

Distinguished Member Array notavictim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    I'm loving my Kore Essentials Gun Belt and would recommend them.
    My kids got me one for Christmas. I love it. It took me a day or two to get used to the ratchet buckle but now I don't think I could even go back to the buckle and holes. If I find my pants are starting to sag while walking, a quick tug and *click* and I'm good to go. The same applies after a big meal. A quick push on the release and I can release it one click or many. Ahhhhhhh.
    “Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

When I die, I want to go like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep, not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Impulse purchase maybe, but just placed an order for a Bigfoot 14 oz steel core. I noticed the Aker's bend is getting a bit worse. Still serviceable, but I don't want it to wear out on me and be waiting on a gun belt and not be able to carry my weapon.

As far as leather goes, I like "The Beltman" belts. Had one about 8 years now and still good to go.

For nylon, I have switched from Wilderness to SOE. I have one low profile EDC and one with the cobra buckle. The SOE belts just have so much more adjustment, that I rarely wear my leather belt anymore.

Little late to the game, but thought I’d add my two cents for what it’s worth.

I am a huge fan of the new August and Peel reinforced leather dress belts (available on Amazon and the August and Peel website). Has anyone else tried them? The belts are a real high end leather, 1 1/4” thick, and easily keep my G19 supported. They don’t scream tactical, are comfortable, and look like an Allen Edmonds dress belt.

I work a lot in plainclothes capacity and need a belt that looks professional (like an actual high end dress belt). I’ve worn quite a few belts over the last 15 years (Aker, Hanks, Bigfoot, etc) and I agree with one of the other replies in that there is no “best” just different pros and cons. I still wear other brands for different occasions. By switching around between a few belts, based on what I’m wearing, also seems to keep my belts looking a lot better, longer.
    OldVet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    You should also look at CompTac and Tucker Gunleather. Lot's of companies make good belts for carry.
    I second Tucker Gun Leather. Got their holster and belt. I carry a commander 1911 most times and occasionally a full size.
    Very comfortable. Mostly OWB but sometimes IWB. I have had it for years and it shows very little wear. It may outlive me.
    Rob over there is a great guy to do business with.
    It is not something that can be ordered and shipped next day. Custom stuff you can get it just the way you like it. color, stampings etc.
    But I think turn around time was about a week or two. Not too long.
    They are out of the Houston area.
    If something is not right, he will not stop till you are happy.
    G26Raven likes this.

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Hank`s Amish Belts,have Two and carry full size RIA`s Comfortably!. Nothing better!.

I have a belt from the Beltman. All I need. https://www.thebeltman.net/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links