Traveling with ballistic armour overseas

This is a discussion on Traveling with ballistic armour overseas within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Planning a trip and I'm going to have my Class III armor book bag. I'm also planning to bring a Class IV plate. Am I ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ETXhiker
  • 2 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Traveling with ballistic armour overseas

Planning a trip and I'm going to have my Class III armor book bag. I'm also planning to bring a Class IV plate. Am I better off bringing it into checked baggage? Will I have an issue with customs traveling into the United Kingdom with the Class IV plate?

Any experience or firsthand knowledge would be helpful.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Well, it's not a weapon, but I expect they are going to ask a lot of questions if you don't check it. I can tell you from experience, that the customs agents at Heathrow can get testy in the blink of an eye, over very small things. My wife didn't remove her shades quickly enough for one of them and we got to enjoy a 3 minute John Cleese style tirade. Almost missed our flight. Boy, do I wish I had that on video
    CDRGlock likes this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Tell 'em your an international, professional chef & use it as a Sushi chopping board. That'll bring-in the multi-cultural "tolerance/acceptance clause". Welcome to the EU Sir.
    ETXhiker and CDRGlock like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Sponsored Links