G26 Magpul PMAG 12 GL9 failures - Page 2

G26 Magpul PMAG 12 GL9 failures

This is a discussion on G26 Magpul PMAG 12 GL9 failures within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sammeow Load those suckers to the max and let them sit a week. Had a few mags that seemed very tight. My ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: G26 Magpul PMAG 12 GL9 failures

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    Load those suckers to the max and let them sit a week.
    Had a few mags that seemed very tight.
    My Uplula took care of that.
    ^^^^^This. Iíve had this issue with Glock mags and Sig mags. Loading them fully and letting them sit for a few weeks has always fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ram229 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by heymarv View Post
    I've had a fine experience using the G19 and G17 Magpul mags, however, they're strictly for practice or classes. At 15 bucks a pop, they're at a good price point for training mags, however for out in the world I stick to factory mags.
    I have also had good experience with the G19 mags from Magpul. They were $10 each from my LGS so I figured what the heck. I will see how they stand up with long term use but for now my Glock factory mags are my carry mags. As for the G26 mags even my G26 with Pierce +2 extensions were hard to load and my factory M&P 45 10 round mags have had issues loading the last round.

To the OP... check the springs in your Magpul mags. I know that some mag springs are a little wacky from the get go and if you strip the mags completely and play with them a little they will loosen up.

The Magpul 12 rounder performed flawlessly when loaded with 11 rounds. I'll let the mag sit loaded for a while and try 12+1 again to see if there is any improvement.

When I bought my G30 I also purchased the factory flat 9-round magazine and loaded it with 9 rounds. I noticed the baseplate bulging slightly...it was crammed tight. I fired in a 9+1 set up and the first round out of the mag FTF'd. The round was lined up but just did not chamber. I looked closer and found that the lip of the round case caught on the top of the chamber almost as if the mag spring shot it to hard and fast upward. Since then I've carried my .45 mags downloaded one round. It's still 8+1 of .45 in a small package which is a lot of firepower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links