What Watches are you wearing??? - Page 3

What Watches are you wearing???

This is a discussion on What Watches are you wearing??? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by matthew03 Last thing I remember hearing: "This is going to force a squirt of blood into your brain and you may black ...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree749Likes

Thread: What Watches are you wearing???

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Last thing I remember hearing: "This is going to force a squirt of blood into your brain and you may black out, just relax".
    When the weather gets warm, I’m gonna get on the bike and come visit. Just for fun we need to do a class together. Maybe that Taurhe dude can join us:)
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    When the weather gets warm, I’m gonna get on the bike and come visit. Just for fun we need to do a class together. Maybe that Taurhe dude can join us:)
    I'm planning on hitting up a class with you at your new place too, are you going to do anything with the AR or is it SD classes. Heck with all the range time we did I'm an alumni already.

With the knowledge base you have, I hope you do a long gun class or two.
    airslot likes this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

VIP Member
    Yep, I've given up on posting pics, the site doesn't allow me to do it the way I used to.
    Go to "Advanced". We had a thread on that a while back.
    matthew03 and msgt/ret like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I'm planning on hitting up a class with you at your new place too, are you going to do anything with the AR or is it SD classes. Heck with all the range time we did I'm an alumni already.

With the knowledge base you have, I hope you do a long gun class or two.
    Keep us posted. I'd be up for a road trip this spring as well.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Keep us posted. I'd be up for a road trip this spring as well.
    I've been shooting since I was a kid, plenty of classes and professional instruction. I can vouch for G as a trainer, as I got tons of it for free over my time there, he really is on another level, having both advanced Military and LE training, and then being a life long hunter/shooter on top of that, we would just sit and talk for hours, the immensity of knowledge is scary.
    airslot and msgt/ret like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

I've been shooting since I was a kid
    So have I. Just sounds like a good time with like minded fellows and an opportunity to learn and improve.
    matthew03 likes this.

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    So have I. Just sounds like a good time with like minded fellows and an opportunity to learn and improve.
    I enjoy meeting new people and spending time talking, and shooting. Would love to have you join us.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I enjoy meeting new people and spending time talking, and shooting. Would love to have you join us.
    Thank you
    Just let me know when and where.
    G-man* and matthew03 like this.

DG
    What Watches are you wearing???-img_1713.jpg

I have an old "Accutron" made by Bulova that I bought in 1972 that till a few months ago still ran and kept good time. It is at the jewelry store now but the jeweler said that he could not get parts anymore for them so it may go to the junk pile. I sure did love to hear it "hum" instead of tick.

I have two Seiko's that I usually wear but the older of the two that I also bought in the early 70's has been my dependable companion for many rough days. The face was knocked loose and it just spun around but I still wore it and could tell time easily but if someone asked me the time, I just showed them my watch and the looks on their faces were priceless. I sent it to Seiko and they repaired it no charge but less than a year later it was loose again. I just never fixed it again. The watch looks mighty rough but is still a great timepiece.

I bought another Seiko just like the other to wear to church and other places and it is just as good of watch as its older brother.

The watch I prize the most, is a beautiful "Hamilton Railway Special" given to me by my great uncle. I am really rough on pocket watches and carried it for a few years and sure enough, broke the crystal. I got it replaced by a jeweler and put it in the safe.

What Watches are you wearing???-g-shock.jpg
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

I haven't worn a watch since they invented cell phones with a clock on them.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

SS Rolex Sub.
    matthew03 likes this.

I have a Timex Marathon that is used to wear at work and a gold tone Seiko 5 as a "dress" watch. I used to have a couple of Casio dive watches that I have lost over the years.

I recently started shopping for a "nice" watch and my wife freaked out when she saw the prices.
    matthew03 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I have a G Shock i have had for 10 years. It is solar powered and syncs to the atomic clock every day. My new watch is the Garmin 235.I am a runner so this records my distance and all but it also gets text messages, notifications, anything that comes across my iPhone shows up on the watch. Almost anything, I dont get emails or can i make phone calls from it.

Alway expect the unexpected

US Army 95B
    NRA Life Member

Dan

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links