DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

Caveat Emptor/American Gripz

Thread: Caveat Emptor/American Gripz

Tags:

Snub44 said:
    That was posted by a member who has been here for years...he wasn't just surfing the net looking for a place to air his problem...like you and the poster before you. That is the difference.

You really need to contact admin and get some help getting your email address off these posts...I'm sure they'll help you.

Olympus said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    Neither does joining for the purpose of complaining about a fraudster...this is a social forum, not a billboard.
    If someone wants to join a forum to share info about a fraudulent company that sells products related to said forum, I see that as a great thing! Why would try to discourage that?

Olympus said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    That was posted by a member who has been here for years...he wasn't just surfing the net looking for a place to air his problem...like you and the poster before you. That is the difference.

You really need to contact admin and get some help getting your email address off these posts...I'm sure they'll help you.
    Who cares how long some has been a member here? Is there some kind of arbitrary timeframe that you have to be a member before you can share information to help keep other members from getting scammed? I didnít think so. Who assigned you as forum police? Chill out and give the guy a break. Whatís it to you anyway?

Rock and Glock said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    If someone wants to join a forum to share info about a fraudulent company that sells products related to said forum, I see that as a great thing! Why would try to discourage that?
    The issue is multiple:

1) Are the motives of the new member/new poster honest and pure?

2) Is new member/new poster actually just a bitter customer, ex-spouse, jilted lover or the like?

3) Is new member just trying to exact revenge for some slight, real or perceived?

4) Is new member who they really say they are, or are they in a black hole creating chaos for some other nefarious purpose?

5) I have about 8 BAZILLION more reasons why a new member might come here and trash a company. We see that and every variation every day.

While we take these types of complaints very seriously and do significant due diligence ourselves, we are always sensitive to this type of behavior. We are really good at ferreting out the truth, and as most of us are members or moderators or even owners of various forums, certain patterns and certain types of information float to the surface and catch our attention. Those that are long-standing members here have seen this in action, and appreciate our efforts, as we do theirs.

I hope that answers the question.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; May 21st, 2019 at 08:41 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Olympus said:

Caveat Emptor/American Gripz

Except he didn't start this out of the blue. He's making the same statement that has already been made by numerous other members on numerous other forums. So it's not like it's a new complaint.

So while all of those reasons could be valid if the member started a new thread just to make a complaint, I don't think any of those reasons are justification in this instance. I certainly see no need for other members to immediately start giving him a hard time.

And just from a philosophical view, every grievance starts with a single person voicing that grievance. We are all adults here and I'd say we can all sort through who has an axe to grind and who has a legitimate issue.

Rock and Glock said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    Except he didn't start this out of the blue. He's making the same statement that has already been made by numerous other members on numerous other forums. So it's not like it's a new complaint.

So while all of those reasons could be valid if the member started a new thread just to make a complaint, I don't think any of those reasons are justification in this instance. I certainly see no need for other members to immediately start giving him a hard time.

And just from a philosophical view, every grievance starts with a single person voicing that grievance. We are all adults here and I'd say we can all sort through who has an axe to grind and who has a legitimate issue.
    Iím not disagreeing. I am just saying some have different ways of looking at the world based on their experiences and the like.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Olympus said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Iím not disagreeing. I am just saying some have different ways of looking at the world based on their experiences and the like.
    I completely agree. Thereís more than one way to interpret just about everything.

high pockets said:
    You would be amazed how often someone joins, makes a disparaging post about some supplier and then never is heard from again. Those are the people who usually attract the most questioning comments from other, long time, members.

In this case the OP has been a member for 7 years and, although he only has 570 posts in seven years, he deserves to be heard and not chastised for posting a thread about how he has been treated by a particular merchant.

Apparently his post has encouraged some of our lurkers to come out of hiding to voice their experiences as well. I only hope the new members continue to contribute the forum in the future.

Oh yeah, I have no dog in the fight. My 1911s have original grips on them.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon