Leatherman Wave in for Warranty Service

Leatherman Wave in for Warranty Service

This is a discussion on Leatherman Wave in for Warranty Service within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the course of fence building or ranching chores a few years back I apparently sprung the jaws of the pliers on my WAVE. Thereafter ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By Macantic
  • 3 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Leatherman Wave in for Warranty Service

Senior Moderator

Thumbs up Leatherman Wave in for Warranty Service

In the course of fence building or ranching chores a few years back I apparently sprung the jaws of the pliers on my WAVE. Thereafter it never closed properly or smoothly, and the jaws always caught on other tools when closed.

They became a PITA to use, so I quite carrying them. Now my circumstances have changed, and it was back to EDC. Now they are EDC, I found the binding and sticking pretty much intolerable, so off they went to Leatherman.

I told them what the problem was, what I was using them for, so I'll see what they do under their 25 year warranty. I have high expectations.

I'll report back as I know more.
    OD*, QKShooter, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Administrator
    My best guess is that they are going to take care of you beyond your expectations.
    Or at least I hope that they do.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

They will probably send you a brand new one.I had an old boyscout knife I dropped and broke the plastic cover on it and sent it back for repair and they sent me a brand new one.i had a very old "RABBIT" wine opener that I broke the handle off and called them about sending me a new handle and they sent me a whole new unit.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator

Thumbs up Great Service from Leatherman!

I received my Leatherman back this weekend. Exactly 12 days from when I mailed it to Oregon. In the course of that 12 days they sent me e-mails three or four times to notify me of the status:

First, "received and sent to the warranty assessment team"

Second, "Assessed and sent to the repair or replacement team"

Third, "It's being returned"

They replaced the jaws of the pliers, perhaps it is even a brand new Leatherman. I can't really tell.

Regardless, it was awesome, fast service with excellent communication and a very pleased customer with effectively a brand new tool!

I had very high expectations, and Leatherman indeed surpassed them!
    G26Raven, AzQkr and ShooterGranny like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Sponsored Links