Glock 33 rd 9mm mags - how tall?

This is a discussion on Glock 33 rd 9mm mags - how tall? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Our new home in Texas has a much different layout than our old home. Master bedroom is at ground level, while the kids are upstairs. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Glock 33 rd 9mm mags - how tall?

Our new home in Texas has a much different layout than our old home. Master bedroom is at ground level, while the kids are upstairs. Narrow corners mean that my G19 will be the home defense gun...simply no way to maneuver with a long gun.

That said, Iíd like to get some Glock 9mm 33 round mags, but I want to ensure the pistol would still fit in my Gunvault with that long mag inserted.

Iíve done some online searching, but canít seem to find the answer.

If anyone has one and can let me know how long it is compared to a regular 15 round G19 mag, thatíd be much appreciated.

Thanks all
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Lead Moderator
    The overall length of the mag is 8 5/16 long.

From the top of the slide with the mag inserted is about 8 3/4.
    G-man*, TSKnight, 10thmtn and 5 others like this.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Besides the ďBig StickĒ, there are a few aftermarket mags that are slightly shorter. Holding 20-30 rounds.

So I guess a 50 rd drum mag is out of the question?
    Glock 33 rd 9mm mags - how tall?-23220358-0222-4771-8b34-a749069ee8d7.jpeg
    airslot, Pete63 and LimaCharlie like this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    I have a couple of ETS 20 round 9mm mags for Glock. They measure right at 6" and the 15 round measures 4 5/8" .

Just another option.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I think if I had a 33 round mag, I would test the heck out of it for reliability before I trusted it for HD. I have heard they can sometimes problematic, at least with the aftermarket mags.
    ShooterGranny and Pete63 like this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    I think if I had a 33 round mag, I would test the heck out of it for reliability before I trusted it for HD. I have heard they can sometimes problematic, at least with the aftermarket mags.
    I only use factory mags. In the case of the Glock 33 rounder, Iíd probably download it by a few.

But your point is well taken. I would test it in my G19, 26, and Ruger PC carbine.
    airslot likes this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The overall length of the mag is 8 5/16 long.

From the top of the slide with the mag inserted is about 8 3/4.
    Thanks, looks like it would just fit in my Gunvault.

The NTS 31 round mags works good, I have two for my PCC. Also have 4 Glock 33 round and they also work fine i would trust the Glock ones more with the metal feed lips instead of plastic. Get a maglula if you want to fill them up.

I got about a half dozen of Glock and after market mags . The after market were made in Korea and have worked as well as the Glock mags. Just saying there are some good after market items out there.
    OD* likes this.

I've been pondering rather or not to purchase a couple of extended 22 round mags for my Glock 35. Probably should just order them with my next online ammo purchase... Good excuse anyway.
    Misty Lu, airslot and Hoganbeg like this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    I've been pondering rather or not to purchase a couple of extended 22 round mags for my Glock 35. Probably should just order them with my next online ammo purchase... Good excuse anyway.
    I use Glock 17 mags in my 19 at the range, and as extra carry mags in my purse. But I'm really not interested in those 33 round mags. Do they make those 22 round mags for 9mm pistols, Wolfie?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Lu View Post
    I use Glock 17 mags in my 19 at the range, and as extra carry mags in my purse. But I'm really not interested in those 33 round mags. Do they make those 22 round mags for 9mm pistols, Wolfie?
    I just saw some 24 round mags for sale on one of the sites I surfed. But they weren't OGM. So it would be a trial buy until they could be proven reliable. But I only use Glock mags. I suggest you do the same, little lady.

BTW, thanks for being a friend.
    Misty Lu likes this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    I just saw some 24 round mags for sale on one of the sites I surfed. But they weren't OGM. So it would be a trial buy until they could be proven reliable. But I only use Glock mags. I suggest you do the same, little lady.

BTW, thanks for being a friend.
    Right back at ya', Wolfie.

And, I think I'll stick with Glock mags too.
    Wolf357 likes this.

Got two of the Glock 33 rd mags. One for my PC carbine, the other for my G19 on home defense duty. The latter fits in my Gunvault, but I have to cant it a bit. If I can find the factory 24 rd mag, I may get one of those, just so it fits a little better.

I downloaded both to 30 rounds, just to ensure reliable lockup.

With a mounted light, night sights, and 30+1 rounds...Iím thinking this is a formidable home defense setup, given the tight corners of our new home in Texas.
    TSKnight, Pete63 and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Our new home in Texas has a much different layout than our old home. Master bedroom is at ground level, while the kids are upstairs. Narrow corners mean that my G19 will be the home defense gun...simply no way to maneuver with a long gun.

That said, Iíd like to get some Glock 9mm 33 round mags, but I want to ensure the pistol would still fit in my Gunvault with that long mag inserted.

Iíve done some online searching, but canít seem to find the answer.

If anyone has one and can let me know how long it is compared to a regular 15 round G19 mag, thatíd be much appreciated.

Thanks all
    https://caagearup.com/product/micro-roni-stabilizer/

If you look around you can find some deals on these.
    OD* likes this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links