Any one else waiting for Sig Legion Pistol Case?

This is a discussion on Any one else waiting for Sig Legion Pistol Case? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In early March of this year I purchased a new Sig P229 Legion in 9mm. I like the handgun very much. Until the weather turned ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 2 Post By Frodebro
  • 1 Post By lchamp

Thread: Any one else waiting for Sig Legion Pistol Case?

Central Indiana (where the ice sheets stopped)

In early March of this year I purchased a new Sig P229 Legion in 9mm. I like the handgun very much. Until the weather turned warm it was my CCW of choice, replacing a Colt full frame Combat Elite in 45ACP and a Browning Hi-Power in 9MM. With warmer weather and my switching to wearing shorts and tee shirts on a regular basis I have downsized to a smaller weapon for everyday carry. I am sure in the fall I will revert back to the Sig.

My problem is with Sig's handling of my order for a much lauded "free" commemorative Legion coin and a Legion storage case. First of all, for what I paid, I know the cost of the coin and the case is built into the Legion business model. To get the "free" items I paid for I had to register the weapon with Sig by filling out a registration form that was a bit intrusive. I also had to place a formal order. On March 14, 2019 I received an e-mail acknowledgement of my order. The e-mail stated that Sig would notify me as soon as the order shipped and would supply tracking information for my package.

A month passed...nothing happened.

A second month passed...nothing continued to happen.

Meanwhile, I was getting e-mails from Sig at least twice a week touting Sig accessories, training, new gun developments, and other Sig related information on the e-mail account I had to provide to register my handgun and to place my order for the "free" stuff.

Finally, in late May I contacted Sig about my order. I was just told that the vendor supplying the coins and cases was behind in their production and they would fulfill my order when the vendor delivered the items to Sig.

This week will be three months of waiting with no clue as to when the vendor is expected to meet their obligation.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I honestly would not be surprised if it took 6 months for them to deliver the “extras”.
    Just hang in there. It will happen, someday.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

I bought my Legion in February and just got my case and coin, not that I really care. Actually, I had completely forgotten about it. It's sitting in my ammo closet and I doubt I will ever use it for anything.
    Last edited by G26Raven; June 9th, 2019 at 06:15 PM.
    lchamp likes this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I never bothered registering for mine, I already have enough cases piled up.
    G26Raven and Struckat like this.

I got my P229 Legion late last summer.

I registered it online, and got my case and coin in about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I bought my Legion in February and just got my case and coin, not that I really care. Actually, I had completely forgotten about it. It's sitting in my ammo closet and I doubt I will ever use it for anything.
    I haven't opened my case since the first day I got it. I opened it, said "that's nice" and put it in the closet.
    G26Raven likes this.

Sponsored Links