Looking for a stand for an AR-15 or shotgun to put next to the bed - Page 2

Looking for a stand for an AR-15 or shotgun to put next to the bed

This is a discussion on Looking for a stand for an AR-15 or shotgun to put next to the bed within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TSKnight I have one similar to this in the bedroom closet. https://smile.amazon.com/Minute-Men-...ateway&sr=8-55 Does something prevent you from just removing the stock to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Looking for a stand for an AR-15 or shotgun to put next to the bed

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    I have one similar to this in the bedroom closet.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Minute-Men-...ateway&sr=8-55
    Does something prevent you from just removing the stock to defeat the lock?

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Does something prevent you from just removing the stock to defeat the lock?
    I guess disassembling the firearm is always a possibility. That takes time and effort. Anything that slows the average thief is a good thing in my book.
    Depending on where and how you mount it will effect that too. My Mossberg 500 is mounted butt on the floor in the front corner of the closet. Short of breaking the stock or prying the lock off the wall, it is not coming out without unlocking it.
    There are always going to be those who will spend the time and effort to break in no matter how difficult you make it.

Something else I would recommend is investing in a quality RFID lock instead of fumbling with a key lock. I've seen a couple of finger print locks, but have not tried them yet.

My experience with biometric locks hasn't impressed me all that much. Still not as fool proof as I would like. My GunBox works about 1 out of 4-5 tries with the finger print reader. It works EVERY time with the RFID card. Most of the time I just open it when I go to bed and close it when I get up.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    I guess disassembling the firearm is always a possibility. That takes time and effort. Anything that slows the average thief is a good thing in my book.
    Depending on where and how you mount it will effect that too. My Mossberg 500 is mounted butt on the floor in the front corner of the closet. Short of breaking the stock or prying the lock off the wall, it is not coming out without unlocking it.
    There are always going to be those who will spend the time and effort to break in no matter how difficult you make it.

Something else I would recommend is investing in a quality RFID lock instead of fumbling with a key lock. I've seen a couple of finger print locks, but have not tried them yet.

My experience with biometric locks hasn't impressed me all that much. Still not as fool proof as I would like. My GunBox works about 1 out of 4-5 tries with the finger print reader. It works EVERY time with the RFID card. Most of the time I just open it when I go to bed and close it when I get up.
    I should have said. I was talking about the first picture in the link to Amazon. It looks like you could just pull out on the stock adjuster, pull the stock off and get the rifle free. Now that I look at it again the way it's mounted it looks like you could just lift it out. Unless it actually clamps on the rifle but it doesn't look like it does.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    I should have said. I was talking about the first picture in the link to Amazon. It looks like you could just pull out on the stock adjuster, pull the stock off and get the rifle free. Now that I look at it again the way it's mounted it looks like you could just lift it out. Unless it actually clamps on the rifle but it doesn't look like it does.
    Looking at that picture, I think you might be right. Mounted that way it is more child/tamper resistant than theft prevention.
    I can't seem to find the exact brand that I have, but the directions for mine recommended mounting it with the butt against a solid surface and the barrel bracket close enough that the firearm could not be moved.

My brother has a wall bracket for a lever action that is a single hinged bracket that bolts to the wall and is placed around the action and through the lever then secured with a padlock.
    Novarider likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links