Has Viridian made any improvements?

This is a discussion on Has Viridian made any improvements? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hadn't tried to change the batteries in the R-5 Viridain laser sight in over a year. When I did today I found out that ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GpTom
  • 1 Post By Pete63
  • 1 Post By GpTom
  • 1 Post By Pete63

Thread: Has Viridian made any improvements?

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar

I hadn't tried to change the batteries in the R-5 Viridain laser sight in over a year. When I did today I found out that I had the same problem with stripped screws or screw holes that I had before. I called them before and they sent me new screws and said that they use a T-5 screw driver to get a more solid grip on the tiny screws. I will try to call them next week because I was about ten minutes late trying to call today. I am hoping that they have made some kind of improvement from using tiny screws tapped into soft plastic.

I called Viridian today and they told me that the screws take a T-6 screwdriver. So It was at least partially my fault that I had problems getting the screws loose. I wanted to correct my post about the problems I was having until I have a chance to get a T-6 driver and see if that takes care of the problem. Viridian is working with me and they continue to be very helpful.
    Pete63 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    I called Viridian today and they told me that the screws take a T-6 screwdriver. So It was at least partially my fault that I had problems getting the screws loose. I wanted to correct my post about the problems I was having until I have a chance to get a T-6 driver and see if that takes care of the problem. Viridian is working with me and they continue to be very helpful.
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    @GpTom , not to thread jack, but didn't you mention an issue with your wife. How is she?
    glockman10mm likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    @GpTom , not to thread jack, but didn't you mention an issue with your wife. How is she?
    I think you might have me mixed up with someone else. I had bladder cancer removed a few weeks ago and am going through six weeks of BCG treatment but I haven't had any side effects that I have noticed. Thanks for asking.
    Pete63 likes this.

VIP Member
    No, that was it. I'd put you on my prayer list, & forgotten the exact reason, as a lot of my entries don't get an exact reason when noted.
    GpTom likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

The set screw for adjusting the elevation, at the bottom of the sight, stuck out enough on mine that it would catch on the inside of the holster. I bought a 4-40 by 1/8" set screw to replace the longer adjustment screw. I need to go to the range again and confirm that the laser sight is still on target. Turning that adjustment screw- in- or clockwise raises the laser dot so that brings the poi down. Same as when you adjust the set screw on the side- inward- or clockwise it moves the laser dot further to the right and makes the bullet hit further to the left. I taped the hex wrench that I use to make adjustments to the inside of the protective case on my cell phone to make sure that I have it when I go to the range. Once I got used to the laser I can get on target so much quicker than using the iron sights and I don't have to worry about the line of sight moving because one eye is more dominate that day.
    Thanks for the prayers Pete 63 I am doing just fine and am half way through my treatments now.

Sponsored Links