Check Mate magazines - relocating to Thomasville Ga

This is a discussion on Check Mate magazines - relocating to Thomasville Ga within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Gov...524076521.html So it's right up the road but kinda cool. NY to Ga. 230 jobs, and for Thomasville, that's a big deal. I can only ...

Like Tree23Likes
  • 7 Post By Nifty
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By Nifty
  • 2 Post By spclopr8tr
  • 1 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By Shootnlead
  • 3 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Check Mate magazines - relocating to Thomasville Ga

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Gov...524076521.html

So it's right up the road but kinda cool. NY to Ga. 230 jobs, and for Thomasville, that's a big deal. I can only image the irony if DC pushed something through that closed this down.

THOMASVILLE, Ga. (WCTV) -- Thomasville and Thomas County is celebrating a new industry moving it's headquarters from New York into an old Caterpillar building.

Check-Mate Industries is a leader in manufacturing firearm magazines.

In December, they promised 230 full-time jobs and more than $15 million in plant improvements.

Tuesday afternoon, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp joined the community to celebrate as they officially opened their doors.

Inside the 168,000 square foot plant, machinery was decorated in bright lights for visitors.

The event was packed with excitement shared between the community, state, and Check-Mate Industries.

Since December, the company has made some major steps to move in.

Visitors viewed more than a million dollars worth of equipment brought into the formerly vacant plant.

Check-Mate says they've already hires 30 new members to their team. They also have a whole new level of executive management on site.

Some companies have done that here too, only to go away after a few years. Being as that company is from NY, it will bring NY with it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

We have Thompson Machine (suppressors) about 20 mile south of us too.
    airslot and OD* like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Some companies have done that here too, only to go away after a few years. Being as that company is from NY, it will bring NY with it.
    And I thought I was a pessimist.
    Holmes375 and KILTED COWBOY like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post

Sadly same thing happened in SC a few years back. There was a beatutiful complex area picked to build new gun mfg companies moving down to Ayor, SC (right outside Myrtle Beach) and it petered out after a few years. Not sure why it happened but did hear the locals were peeved that the companies brought their employees with them and there were no new jobs for the locals. Niki Haley [aka RINO] was gov then and a big deal was made about it...but “it” never really happened. SC was happy to see Ms. Haley go she was never for SC.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Cool.

I have Daniel Defense about 65 miles down the road from me. Of course, it did not move to Ga, it was started here.
    airslot likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Distinguished Member
    Excellent news for the Free State of Georgia!

NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Never understood why firearm related companies would stay in gun unfriendly states.
    Better to move to a state that does not demonize you. Do not give them a cent of your taxes.
    airslot, 1MoreFord and Nmuskier like this.

And our tiny city was left holding the bag on all the investments it made. Those were practically given away to get them off the books.

Yes, I don't think much of gov'ts spending public $$ to bring in questionable companies with no real commitment or who file bankruptcy and walk away.
    airslot and Rock and Glock like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And our tiny city was left holding the bag on all the investments it made. Those were practically given away to get them off the books.

Yes, I don't think much of gov'ts spending public $$ to bring in questionable companies with no real commitment or who file bankruptcy and walk away.
    It seems to be working out well for Beretta in Gallatin, TN, Magpul in Austin, TX, and Steyr in Bessemer, AL.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Senior Moderator
    It seems to be working out well for Beretta in Gallatin, TN, Magpul in Austin, TX, and Steyr in Bessemer, AL.
    It seems to work out OK for the companies, but I always wonder about the taxpayers getting a colonoscopy.
    OldVet and spclopr8tr like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Sponsored Links