Concealed Tactical Furniture?

This is a discussion on Concealed Tactical Furniture? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm intrigued by the concept of concealed wood furniture like dressers, night stands and tables. I am not talking about accessories such as clocks, mirrors ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Concealed Tactical Furniture?

I'm intrigued by the concept of concealed wood furniture like dressers, night stands and tables. I am not talking about accessories such as clocks, mirrors or wall shelves/picture hangers. I am talking about furniture. I already have a high quality gun safe bolted to the floor in a concealed location.

I would be interested in reading about personal experiences with this type of wood furniture similar to Tactical Walls and others, selling online. Your personal experiences, good or bad, would be very interesting to hear about. Thanks.
    Sixgun1 likes this.

My friend has a hanging flag on the wall that stores a few guns.

I have considered furniture but my concern is fire protection, also.

We have a cleaning lady who sometimes has her kids come over to help. I would hate to have a kid get into something they shouldnít.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Itís a cool idea, and would be fun to try to build a piece, but unless youíre in an apartment and cannot boot down a safe, I donít see much realistic use. Maybe if you live the life of James Bond and need to grab a gun at moments notice when the Russian henchmen find your hideout, it could be useful, but short of that Iím not really sure itís very useful for the average Joe.
    Rockymonster and spclopr8tr like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I haven't decided, one way or there other. There have been times when accessing a gun safe is slow and tedious. I can see why some would want to have something close at hand that is deep concealed in nice wooden furniture and requires an RFID card to access. Even 007 might see that as useful. :)

If you are at home and want a gun within arms reach and readily and quickly accessible at all times, just carry at home.

Distinguished Member
    I think concealment furniture and the like is self defeating. Simple fact is that it just adds more motions to made to access and use the gun. Chances are if your home is invaded you will need put the gun in action as quickly as it can be done. That is why I have my semi holstered on my person all day until I retire for the night. When I do that the pistol is in the nightstand next to my bed, and it is unholstered.

Industrial engineers conduct method, time, motion (MTM) studied. Those studies analyze every motion required to accomplish a task or series of tasks. Then they try to reduce the time required by taking out unnecessary motions until they have evolved a new and faster method. More steps take longer. I want quicker.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

I am still interested in reading about any personal experiences that forum members may have with this type of concealed wood furniture.
    OD* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OakBluff View Post
    I am still interested in reading about any personal experiences that forum members may have with this type of concealed wood furniture.

How about personal experiences with thieves who have torn a house apart while burglarizing it?
    FAS1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    How about personal experiences with thieves who have torn a house apart while burglarizing it?
    Your house? Did you have this type of furniture?

VIP Member
    I think the OP is getting our personal experience. We don't have any because we don't see the utility of it. Tactical furniture is a solution looking for a problem.

If any members actually have tactical furniture, then they simply haven't read the thread yet or choose not to answer.

I have looked at this type of "on duty" furniture at some of the NRA annual meetings, and while clever, they aren't inexpensive and most require a magnet or RFID bracelet/card/device to gain access to the firearms. I guess I've lived long enough without having such furniture and have found other ways to address the issues.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Best to carry while home.
    Cypher likes this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

I tried twice to order a piece of concealed furniture, one a shelf unit. One wouldn't respond and the other maker ended up getting cancelled due to being a PITA. Poor CS cost two sales. Buyer beware.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I tried twice to order a piece of concealed furniture, one a shelf unit. One wouldn't respond and the other maker ended up getting cancelled due to being a PITA. Poor CS cost two sales. Buyer beware.
    I remember reading some of your posts on this while I was researching the idea. It seemed like that was quite a few years ago. I remember your frustration in what you wrote. Did you ever find anything or just abandon the idea?

I thought, man how does this guy conceal furniture when I have a hard time with a full size gun?
    Poorly, Bikenut, OldVet and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OakBluff View Post
    I remember reading some of your posts on this while I was researching the idea. It seemed like that was quite a few years ago. I remember your frustration in what you wrote. Did you ever find anything or just abandon the idea?
    For now I have passed on the idea. I finally realized, with no young-un's in the house, I don't have to hide anything. It's either at arm's reach or in the safe.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links