Tactical Backpack for Beginner? - Page 2

Tactical Backpack for Beginner?

This is a discussion on Tactical Backpack for Beginner? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I actually use this, on a daily basis. https://sandpiperca.com/collections/...g-coyote-brown Mine is black, not brown. Works well, and is expandable. Even has a pocket for a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tactical Backpack for Beginner?

I actually use this, on a daily basis. https://sandpiperca.com/collections/...g-coyote-brown

Mine is black, not brown. Works well, and is expandable. Even has a pocket for a hydration bladder. Expandable enough that you could probably pack out most of if not all of a deer if you deboned. Been using if to 7 years without a problem.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Quote Originally Posted by RondaKaley View Post
    Where I would keep my hunting rifle and other stuff if I go with your suggestion? It looks like a laptop bag for students and business people.
    None of the bags you mentioned so far would fit a hunting rifle. I’ve used an osprey bag, as well as some other backpack that I don’t know who makes from bass pro, and a larger north face muti day pack and I’ve been really happy with each of them. None are really “tactical” though, just well made. For me and my needs, part of being tactical is not looking and being labeled as such.
    Hoganbeg and OldChap like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

I am at MAXPEDITION's site and I liked the Riftpoint 15L and Falcon II 23L. What are your views about them? Especially I want strong straps, good space for water bottle and stitching. Actually, I found some bad reviews about the bottle holder and stitching but I don't believe web reviews a lot. That's why I am here.
    I am not familiar with those particular models but as far as quality stitching, durability goes if it's Maxpedition its good to go! Whether it meets your individual needs is up to you. Good luck!
    OldChap likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

IMO there's nothing really "tactical" about a bag. Find one that fits the needs of the things you will be carrying in the price range you can afford and you are GTG. I think firearms are best carried on your person instead of in a bag strapped to your back. It would take far too long to access a weapon if the perverbial SHTF. As far as carrying electronic devices an numerous EDC items, no problem.

Not sure what’s your requirements but this is what I use for a bugout pack. I don’t want to carry a “go to war” backpack like a solider. It has a tablet compartment and a bladder compartment (but I use them for something else). There is also a pistol compartment that can be easily accessed from either side. This would be the bag I grab if I only have 1 minute. My pistol is in a holster in the bag along with extra mags that I can put on my person later.

5.11 COVRT18 Tactical Covert Backpack, Style 56961, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TA1PG9A..._Hw9fEbHTMYW8R
    OldChap likes this.

Checkout U S Peacekeepers 'EDC backpack'. Great pack with a lifetime guaranty.

I just ordered an LBX Tactical Titan Lite. I haven't received it yet so I cannot give in in depth review, but I liked that the interior of the pack is lined with loop velcro, so it can be customized to your liking. I have also heard very good things about the 5.11 Tactical Rush series of packs. However, neither the Titan or Rush series of backpacks will hold a hunting rifle. If carrying a rifle is a must, then you may want to look into the Eberlestock X31, although it will not conceal a rifle since the stock sticks out the top.

Realistically, no bag will conceal a hunting rifle well enough that nobody will notice it. Even if no part of the gun is showing, most people are going to be able to spot a rifle case. IMO, I would just sling the rifle over my shoulder rather than carrying it in a backpack.

I do have a couple rifles that will fit in a day pack. They are take down single shot Handi rifles. The barrel goes into a tube that looks like it carry's a fishing rod. The butt and receiver go in the main pack. Any other rifle I have would stand out as a rifle. I have two day packs. One is a 10 year old Eberlestock, It has held up well. Heres a link.
    https://eberlestock.com/collections/daypacks
    And the other is an even older Jansport. The best thing about the Jansport is its leather bottom. I usually wear out the bottom first. this one has held up. But it does not have a lot of compartments. just a main and two side pockets.

When I worked on the road I lived out of the Jansport. It will carry everything I need for a long weekend. or living out of a Motel. The other works well to hunt out of. Good Luck.DR
    OldChap likes this.

Where I would keep my hunting rifle and other stuff if I go with your suggestion? It looks like a laptop bag for students and business people.
    It would help us considerably if you told us exactly what purpose you intend to put this bag to. If you're wanting a bag for a hunting type rifle that is one thing, for an AR-15, that is another. For a handgun, still another.
    tahmail likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Maybe something like the Gloryfire Rifle Backpack?

https://www.amazon.com/GLORYFIRE-Tac.../dp/B06VY2GY5Z
    Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine

Couple of things to consider. 1) if you are looking for concealment, "tacticool" is not the way to go. 2) What are needs?? 3) What do you plan to carry?

A little more specificity would help.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links