Tactical Backpack for Beginner?

This is a discussion on Tactical Backpack for Beginner? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings! I am new here and willing to know about the tactical backpack. Actually, as a beginner, I have made a foolish mistake of purchasing ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Tactical Backpack for Beginner?

Greetings!

I am new here and willing to know about the tactical backpack. Actually, as a beginner, I have made a foolish mistake of purchasing distressed backpack as a tactical one but now, I want the best advice. My budget is not more than $190 so, it would be great if you give expert advice. I also want to keep my tablet in this bag. So, you can suggest the right one with strong straps.

Waiting for your suggestions. Yes, it should also be a lightweight one because as newbie, it sounds tough to carry a bag for me.

By the way, you can also say me a warm welcome here

What are you using this “tactical backpack” for? If I just needed a backpack for a tablet, there are plenty in the $40-50 price range.
    We get the government we deserve.

Of course not. I don't only need a tactical backpack for tablet. I just said that I also want to carry gadgets like a tablet with me. If a good quality one is available in a range of $40 to $50 then it is great but I need a tactical one.

Actually, it would be a good idea if you give your suggestion among these backpacks:

http://www.magforceus.com/all/magfor...-backpack.html - could be a good option but I have few details about it. Would be great if you share your experience.

https://gearmoose.com/best-tactical-backpacks/ - I like Mystery Ranch and Rush 72 from this list but prices of Mystery Ranch

https://www.thedrive.com/reviews/314...itary-backpack - CONDOR 3 also sounds great from this list.

All in all, I need the best advice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    What "tactical" features are you looking for?
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Anti-theft zipper, waterproof, strong straps and adjustable pockets for weapon and tech gadgets.

Maxpedition & REI make very good quality products although not everything not everything they make is "tactical" it is very good quality kit, IME.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Maxpedition & REI make very good quality products although not everything not everything they make is "tactical" it is very good quality kit, IME.
    I am at MAXPEDITION's site and I liked the Riftpoint 15L and Falcon II 23L. What are your views about them? Especially I want strong straps, good space for water bottle and stitching. Actually, I found some bad reviews about the bottle holder and stitching but I don't believe web reviews a lot. That's why I am here.

Hi Ronda, and yes, please accept our warm welcome into this fine forum.

As for a tactical backpack, I used to own one, but I never used it. I have a small daypack, but I rarely carry my piece there. I learned a few years back how far superior a concealed holster is to carrying off body (such as a backpack, purse, or briefcase.)

Part of the issue is security of the firearm. Once you set your backpack down, it's in less of your total control. The other issue is accessibility. How much trouble is it to find the piece if you need it quickly. (As they say in the airlines, items tend to shift around. And, heavier objects like guns find the bottom quickly.)

Hope this is useful. Stick around and enjoy our discussions. I've learned much in a few years corresponding hereabouts.

OldChap likes this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I've been using the Rush72 for over a decade. As an OTR truck driver I live out of that pack.
    Lots of capacity and pockets to organize stuff.

https://www.511tactical.com/rush-72-backpack.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    OldChap likes this.

Welcome from the Texas Gulf Coast.

About "tactical backpacks". Most of the discussion here centers on backpacks with ballistic body armor panels inside. I suppose you could say the one sitting on the floor next to me as I type this is a "tactical backpack", but it really is more of a "tactical computer bag." It is a bag designed to carry a 17" laptop with an 11x15 inch Level IIIA ballistic pad and an 11x15 inch Trauma Pad inside. It doesn't carry a laptop however. This is inside:

Tactical Backpack for Beginner?-kel-tec-sub-2000-gen-2-folded.jpg

Sub 2000 in 40 S&W with 120 rounds of 180 grain Federal HST in 30 round magazines.

It looks like this:

Name:  SwissGear Messenger.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  9.4 KB

Swiss Gear Messenger

Edited for additional photo
    kerberos, Havok and Hoganbeg like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

I carry one like the links you posted in my truck. I like the bladder, but other than that, they stick out, IMO. I use this for daily EDC use.

https://www.amazon.com/Backpack-Capa...9&sr=8-3-spell
    OldChap likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Where I would keep my hunting rifle and other stuff if I go with your suggestion? It looks like a laptop bag for students and business people.
    OldChap likes this.

Did not realize it needed to fit a hunting rifle. It does not look like any of the linked bags can accommodate a hunting rifle. This would work better with a breakdown rifle such as Old Chap recommended, or handguns.

The look is what drew me to it. It doe NOT look "tactical". Best of luck in your search.
    OldChap likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

These backpacks actually inspired me. I thought these are tactical ones:

Attachment 310308

Attachment 310310

So you're really looking for a recommendation for a BugOutBag, not a generic tactical bag?

For the best advice; you've got to provide the most details on what the intended use is.

OldChap likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links