Nexbelt - first impression

This is a discussion on Nexbelt - first impression within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of the few items I ordered subsequent to the SHOT show was a Nexbelt gun belt. A friend has one and said he like ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By BCC73
  • 2 Post By smoke33
  • 1 Post By Novarider

Thread: Nexbelt - first impression

One of the few items I ordered subsequent to the SHOT show was a Nexbelt gun belt. A friend has one and said he like it so I thought I would give one a try. I ordered one in black webbing with a solid black buckle. They do have a buckle that is shorter specifically for AIWB, but I decided to go with their EDC version for those rare times when I might carry IWB or even OWB.

The belt arrived today and after looking at the short video on their website I was ready to set it up. It comes in a 50 inch length that you can trim to the size you desire. I wear a 34 inch waist pants with my AIWB rig, but to play it safe, I trimmed the belt to 37 inches. That was about an inch and a half too long, so I trimmed it down again. I inserted the cut end into the latching mechanism that secures it and tightened down the two hex head screws that provide additional security. I could probably have done the whole job in under five minutes if I had done it before, but as it was it took me 15 minutes to play with the adjustment and test the length.

The belt provides a good balance between flexibility and stiffness. I have been using a Graith belt that I like a lot, but for some of the pants I wear, the hook velcro that secures the belt overlaps the belt loops on my pants. The Nextbelt will save the pants that have this issue from unnecessary wear. On the whole, I think this will be a good belt and gives me another option for my AIWB rig.

Nexbelt - first impression-nextbelt.jpg

Edit: I orginally posted this as a Nextbelt, but the correct product name is Nexbelt.
    Last edited by G26Raven; January 30th, 2020 at 11:07 AM.
    BCC73, ETXhiker, G-man* and 1 others like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

Looking forward to a future review.....hint
    G26Raven likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Nextbelt - first impression

This belt ratchet design first showed up on Shark Tank by a company called Mission Belts. I liked the concept so much I ordered one and loved the design but hated how heavy the buckle was and how thin and light the belt was. I still have the belt in my closet.
    Not sure if Nexbelt is the same company or took over the design but I was excited when I found them and decided to order one a few weeks ago. Since getting it I have now put my Alien Gear in the closet. The Nexbelt has not only become my carry belt but my everyday belt. Due to the design you are able to adjust it perfectly however you want regardless if you put on a few pounds, lose a few pounds or are carrying.
    I love this belt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    G26Raven and BCC73 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Raven do you mean nexbelt not nextbelt?
    G26Raven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Raven do you mean nexbelt not nextbelt?
    You are correct!
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

Sponsored Links