The Pact Club Timer III or the Pocket Pro II Timer CEI-4700

This is a discussion on The Pact Club Timer III or the Pocket Pro II Timer CEI-4700 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am trying to decide which shot timer to buy: The Pact Club Timer III or the Pocket Pro II Timer CEI-4700. They are only ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BillG174
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By BillG174
  • 1 Post By Gunnie

Thread: The Pact Club Timer III or the Pocket Pro II Timer CEI-4700

I am trying to decide which shot timer to buy: The Pact Club Timer III or the Pocket Pro II Timer CEI-4700. They are only about $3 apart on Amazon.

I am not a competition shooter and I only shoot at an indoor range. I will use the timer to improve my shooting skill. I would like to it when dry firing at home too. My indoor range has 8 lanes.

The Pact Club Timer III or the Pocket Pro II Timer CEI-4700-centerfire_1.jpg

I am leaning toward the Pact Club Timer III because it appears to be less complicated to use compared to all of the different screens and settings in the Pocket Pro II. The Pact Club Timer also has a lifetime warranty compared to the Pocket Pro II 2 year warranty.

My main concern with both timers is that at my indoor range the timer will pick up gunfire from the other lanes and will be triggered. Each timer has a sensitivity adjustment although the Pact Club Timer instruction sheet suggests not to "mess" with it's sensitive adjustment.

Can anyone give me some guidance or recommendation on which timer to purchase especially taking the sensitivity to adjacent lanes into account?

Thanks, Bill
    Old Man likes this.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

SAF, GOA, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

BilG174, I would go with the Pact Club Timer. I've only used one once, but it seems to be built better, easier to use, and numbers appear bigger. I have a Pocket Pro II and am less than impressed with it.
    Old Man likes this.
    You are your own first responder.

Thanks G26Raven!
    G26Raven likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

All I have used to date is a smart phone app but, my PACT III came yesterday and when we get better weather I will try it out.

Its bigger than I expected but, looks fairly simple to run.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    All I have used to date is a smart phone app but, my PACT III came yesterday and when we get better weather I will try it out.

Its bigger than I expected but, looks fairly simple to run.
    If the smartphone app is for the iPhone please tell me itís name. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BillG174 View Post
    If the smartphone app is for the iPhone please tell me itís name. Thanks!
    The one I used is just called "Splits" and was a free one. I had a Samsung phone then so I am not sure about the iphone but, I bet you there is a decent free one to try out. Mine was on a work phone so now I am back to my personal flip phone hence the PACT III purchase.

Senior Moderator
    The Club timer is a PITA for me, as you have to hold the button down, then release it to start timing. It may have other modes of operation, but I'm not aware of them. My club uses them for the higher-level USPSA matches, but I'm so used to the Competition Electronics models I may just be stuck in my ways.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

i use the CED7000 with the rotating belt clip, i don't have to remove the timer from my belt to read it, it just rotates up and you can read it and let it drop back down.

I use the Pact at an outdoor range for anywhere from 6-8 lanes. Should be perfect for your uses.
    Old Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The Club timer is a PITA for me, as you have to hold the button down, then release it to start timing. It may have other modes of operation, but I'm not aware of them. My club uses them for the higher-level USPSA matches, but I'm so used to the Competition Electronics models I may just be stuck in my ways.
    When your setting times the first setting is instant or delay if you do delay once you hit start it will give you roughly 3ish seconds. Also once you have times correct you can wait to hit go until ready for the chime.

Sponsored Links