Further reflections on the Nexbelt

This is a discussion on Further reflections on the Nexbelt within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying with a Nexbelt for a bit over a month now and have developed a better appreciation about why this belt works as ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 4 Post By G26Raven
  • 3 Post By DJC7
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By rlggray
  • 2 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By BCC73
  • 1 Post By BCC73
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By OneGunTX
  • 2 Post By G26Raven

Thread: Further reflections on the Nexbelt

I've been carrying with a Nexbelt for a bit over a month now and have developed a better appreciation about why this belt works as well as it does. Over the years I have used belts from Tucker Gun Leather, Bigfoot, Wilderness Tactical, and Graith. They are all very good belts, but I think the Nexbelt offers some things that these others do not.

I primarily carry AIWB 95% of the time with a JM Custom Kydex holster and a Sig P229. This is not a light weight rig. Having a belt with a great range of adjustment is important to me.

The issues I find both the Graith and the Wilderness belt is that while they have a wide range of adjustment, sometimes it is difficult to get the belt adjusted to exactly the right place without having the Velcro closure overlap on a belt loop. This puts wear on your pants. In addition, it's also difficult to know exactly how much additional tension or loosening you need to get the belt adjusted. To change the adjustment you must completely open the Velcro, test the adjustment again, and then readjust if you're wrong. I find this to be both time consuming and frustrating.

Of course, with a traditional leather belt, although they do secure well, you don't have the range of adjustment up and down that you do with a more adjustable belt like the Nexbelt.

Other features I find that I especially appreciate with the Nexbelt are that it is super quick to don, you can change adjustments quickly a "click" at a time, and the belt is rock solid on my waist without being uncomfortable. If I want to loosen it up just a little bit, I can do that, too. All in all I am extremely please with this product and would buy one again in a heartbeat.

The negatives on this belt are very few. Actually, the only ones I have experienced with the belt are mistakes I have made during while trying to change the initial set-up. The belt I am wearing now is my second one because I messed up the first one (it still works but not as well). On my first belt, I trimmed the belt too long and then locked it down. Once you have done that it can be difficult to disassemble the belt and change the length. I did not get the cut end inserted back into the buckle completely square and had burned the end of the belt a bit too much. I damaged the buckle and although it still works it's not as smooth or quick to adjust. The bottom line is to read the instructions and watch the very short video on how to set up the belt. Then take your time and make sure you have everything exactly right before you lock everything down. Don't be a dummy like me....

Further reflections on the Nexbelt-front.jpg
    Nextbelt, holster, and pistol conceal extremely well.

Further reflections on the Nexbelt-side.jpg
    No printing with this combination.

Further reflections on the Nexbelt-belt-revealed.jpg
    Pistol, holster, and Nexbelt.
    Last edited by G26Raven; February 24th, 2020 at 07:59 PM.
    You are your own first responder.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I've been carrying with a Nexbelt for a bit over a month now and have developed a better appreciation about why this belt works as well as it does. Over the years I have used belts from Tucker Gun Leather, Bigfoot, Wilderness Tactical, and Graith. They are all very good belts, but I think the Nexbelt offers some things that these others do not.

I primarily carry AIWB 95% of the time with a JM Custom Kydex holster and a Sig P229. This is not a light weight rig. Having a belt with a great range of adjustment is important to me.

The issues I find both the Graith and the Wilderness belt is that while they have a wide range of adjustment, sometimes it is difficult to get the belt adjusted to exactly the right place without having the Velcro closure overlap on a belt loop. This puts wear on your pants. In addition, it's also difficult to know exactly how much additional tension or loosening you need to get the belt adjusted. To change the adjustment you must completely open the Velcro, test the adjustment again, and then readjust if you're wrong. I find this to be both time consuming and frustrating.

Of course, with a leather belt, although they do secure well, you don't have the range of adjustment up and down that you do with a more adjustable belt like the Nexbelt.

Other features I find that I especially appreciate with the Nexbelt are that it is super quick to don, you can change adjustments quickly a "click" at a time, and the belt is rock solid on my waist without being uncomfortable. If I want to loosen it up just a little bit, I can do that, too. All in all I am extremely please with this product and would buy one again in a heartbeat.

The negatives on this belt are very few. Actually, the only ones I have experienced with the belt are mistakes I have made during while trying to change the initial set-up. The belt I am wearing now is my second one because I messed up the first one (it still works but not as well). On my first belt, I trimmed the belt too long and then locked it down. Once you have done that it can be difficult to disassemble the belt and change the length. I did not get the cut end inserted back into the buckle completely square and had burned the end of the belt a bit too much. I damaged the buckle and although it still works it's not as smooth or quick to adjust. The bottom line is to read the instructions and watch the very short video on how to set up the belt. Then take your time and make sure you have everything exactly right before you lock everything down. Don't be a dummy like me....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	315194
    Nextbelt, holster, and pistol conceal extremely well.

Name:	Side.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	315196
    No printing with this combination.

Name:	Belt revealed.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	315198
    Pistol, holster, and Nexbelt.
    I completely agree about the frustration of adjusting a velcro belt! I have a 5.11 belt that I really like overall but getting that correct fit can be a little frustrating at times. Thanks for the review of the Nexbelt! Sounds intriguing. My only experience with this style of belt was when I tried a basic dressy one at Kohlís (not for use as a gun belt) and got stuck in it for a little while because I didnít figure out how to loosen it before trying it on. Gave my wife a good laugh at least.
    "If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all." Romans 12:18 (ESV)

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    I completely agree about the frustration of adjusting a velcro belt! I have a 5.11 belt that I really like overall but getting that correct fit can be a little frustrating at times. Thanks for the review of the Nexbelt! Sounds intriguing. My only experience with this style of belt was when I tried a basic dressy one at Kohlís (not for use as a gun belt) and got stuck in it for a little while because I didnít figure out how to loosen it before trying it on. Gave my wife a good laugh at least.
    I've found it is incredibly fast to put on and take off. But, you're absolutely right, if you don't know how to take it off it can be frustrating. The belt I damaged is more difficult to use because you have to get the angle just right to thread it and to release it takes a bit of wiggling of the belt.
    DJC7 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like you only have experience with their nylon belts? Wondering if anyone has an opinion on their leather offerings.
    "If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all." Romans 12:18 (ESV)

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Sounds like you only have experience with their nylon belts? Wondering if anyone has an opinion on their leather offerings.
    No experience with their leather belts. Can't see any advantage, or disadvantage, except perhaps it is more expensive? Haven't really checked.
    DJC7 likes this.

Having a belt with a great range of adjustment is important to me.

Of course, with a leather belt, although they do secure well, you don't have the range of adjustment up and down that you do with a more adjustable belt like the Nexbelt.

Other features I find that I especially appreciate with the Nexbelt are that it is super quick to don, you can change adjustments quickly a "click" at a time, and the belt is rock solid on my waist without being uncomfortable. If I want to loosen it up just a little bit, I can do that, too.

I agree with you 100% about the adjustability G26Raven, although I currently am using The Kore belts. I'm assuming they "ratchet" the same.

Next time I need a new belt, I will look into the Nexbelt.
    G26Raven likes this.

@G26Raven Ö...could you speak to belt rigidity ?? Curious if this would work OWB for a compact like G19 or CZ P10S ??
    Thanks
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    @G26Raven Ö...could you speak to belt rigidity ?? Curious if this would work OWB for a compact like G19 or CZ P10S ??
    Thanks
    I think it would easily, but I will dig out my G19 and a holster, give it a try, and get back to you. The belt I used was not their belt specifically designed for AIWB and I think the only difference is the buckle. But let me see....

Thanks
    Absolutely heavy duty enough to carry a G19, with capacity to spare. This is a Raven Concealment Phantom holster that is a few years old. I've been wearing this for awhile today. I apologize for the poor picture quality, but my wife is up skiing today so I had to take the photo myself, which was a bit awkward. Now, can I please go back to my Sig P229?

Further reflections on the Nexbelt-g19-nexbelt.jpg
    BCC73 and OneGunTX like this.

Thank you sir....get back to your Sig..if you must !!!!
    G26Raven likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

Thank you sir....get back to your Sig..if you must !!!!
    I shall do just that. Nothing against Glocks, I carried nothing but for the first nine years. They are very reliable and good quality. I just prefer Sigs now.

A couple weeks into the Nexbelt now and really liking it. Coming from a 5.11 belt the differences seem much better. Being able to adjust the length to my needs right away was a plus. The ratchet system so far is quite simple and efficient and the shorter adjustment notches really makes it easy to get a perfect fit. Belt is very sturdy and handles my G19 or CZ OWB with no trouble---way better than the 5.11 did. My only gripe was the first time I put it on...I had cut it a bit too long and cinched the crap out of it---too tight for comfort. Took me a couple minutes to figure out how the heck to loosen it !!!!! Once I figured out my correct length and how to EASILY loosen it----it's a pleasure to wear even without a Holster----well done !!!
    G26Raven likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

BCC73, glad to hear you are enjoying yours, too. It's always nice to find products that live up to their claims and meet your expectations.
    Last edited by G26Raven; March 31st, 2020 at 07:17 PM.
    BCC73 likes this.

Absolutely heavy duty enough to carry a G19, with capacity to spare. This is a Raven Concealment Phantom holster that is a few years old. I've been wearing this for awhile today. I apologize for the poor picture quality, but my wife is up skiing today so I had to take the photo myself, which was a bit awkward. Now, can I please go back to my Sig P229?

Name:	G19 with Nexbelt.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	315482
    No! You must suffer with your Glock until the Pandemic is over or you actually receive a Christmas Card from OV whichever is longer.
    G26Raven likes this.
    CHINA LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!

Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    No! You must suffer with your Glock until the Pandemic is over or you actually receive a Christmas Card from OV whichever is longer.
    Even if the pandemic lasts another year or more - and some say people can get reinfected - it will be over long before I ever receive a Christmas card. Heck, they're supposed to have a vaccine by then. There's a better likelihood that hell will freeze over before any of us ever see a Christmas card from he whose name shall not be spoken!
    OneGunTX and Rock and Glock like this.

Sponsored Links