Neomag experience---Pros & Cons ?

This is a discussion on Neomag experience---Pros & Cons ? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been thinking about adding a Neomag for Summer carry. Concept sure sounds good !! I have just tossed a mag in my front pocket but ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By BCC73
  • 1 Post By BCC73
  • 1 Post By Hoganbeg
  • 1 Post By Pete63
  • 1 Post By Injureneer
  • 1 Post By BIGSAM
  • 2 Post By forester58
  • 1 Post By BillG174
  • 1 Post By ClevelandB
  • 1 Post By DrummerMike
  • 1 Post By RedSafety

Thread: Neomag experience---Pros & Cons ?

Been thinking about adding a Neomag for Summer carry. Concept sure sounds good !! I have just tossed a mag in my front pocket but kinda hate how it always twists sideways and I find myself messing with it . Yeah not a big deal, but the Neomag seems a viable solution. Just curious to hear from those who use it as far as pros & cons.
    Looks like it would fit mags for both my main carry guns G43 & CZ P10S so would seem the $40 would be well spent. Appreciate thoughts with your carry experience.....thanks
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    NOT GIVING UP MY FREEDOMS

Thought there would have been some responses.....hmmm
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

This is the first I've heard of it. After watching the video it appears to be much preferable to just having a loose mag in your pocket. I think you'd have to use it a while though to really test it for unexpected issues.
    BCC73 likes this.
    ...You will understand everything immediately, when you yourself "hands behind the back" toddle into our Archipelago. ---Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    I see them as a sponsor of TGC news, which I watch weekly, but I can't answer your question. Yes they do seem to be OK. It's just that for the longest time, I've owned leather mag pouches, and use them daily. Already have 5+ decades using them. Once again, not knocking the product, or concept. If I were to only carry one firearm & spare mag, I think it'd be a viable option.
    BCC73 likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I started carrying my spare mag in one a few months back, and for the most part it is preferable to any other way I've ever carried spares. I used to carry two spares in a double IWB carrier. Sometimes I still do, such as when I'm wearing gym type shorts where the weight of the mags would pull down the pants. But in jeans/khaki type shorts I use the NeoMag now. I typically carry the NeoMag a bit forward in my pocket, as opposed to all the way back to the rear of the pocket like they show in their ads. Its probably just personal preference.

I bought 2 NeoMags, and a few weeks ago I went through a Tac Pistol class at CSAT. On some of the drills we needed more ammo than I usually carry so I carried both NeoMags in my weak side pocket. No issues.

Overall I am very happy with them and would buy again no doubt. My brother-in-law also bought a few after I showed him mine, and he likes them as well.
    BCC73 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Injureneer View Post
    I started carrying my spare mag in one a few months back, and for the most part it is preferable to any other way I've ever carried spares. I used to carry two spares in a double IWB carrier. Sometimes I still do, such as when I'm wearing gym type shorts where the weight of the mags would pull down the pants. But in jeans/khaki type shorts I use the NeoMag now. I typically carry the NeoMag a bit forward in my pocket, as opposed to all the way back to the rear of the pocket like they show in their ads. Its probably just personal preference.

I bought 2 NeoMags, and a few weeks ago I went through a Tac Pistol class at CSAT. On some of the drills we needed more ammo than I usually carry so I carried both NeoMags in my weak side pocket. No issues.

Overall I am very happy with them and would buy again no doubt. My brother-in-law also bought a few after I showed him mine, and he likes them as well.
    Thanks for the reply.....and.....great 1st post !!!!
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

Recently picked up one. All of my carry pistols are double stacks.
    This makes my pocket sit wide open when using the Neomag.
    I feel that it's conspicuous enough to not use it, at least not with double stack mags.

Good Luck.
    BCC73 likes this.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSAM View Post
    Recently picked up one. All of my carry pistols are double stacks.
    This makes my pocket sit wide open when using the Neomag.
    I feel that it's conspicuous enough to not use it, at least not with double stack mags.

Good Luck.
    Point taken...thanks
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I used one of those Remora mag pouches in a front pocket when I carried one there and it keeps the magazine pretty vertical for easy access. I prefer belt carry mostly these days as I usually carry a spare gun in the front left pocket where I used to carry the spare mag.
    BCC73 and BIGSAM like this.

I have never used a Neomag. I carry a Glock 17, 19 and 30. I haven't tried, but I think having a mag in your front pocket would be uncomfortable especially when sitting in a chair or car.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

SAF, GOA, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

Neomag is great for single and double stack. Carry P365 and P 320. P320 17 rounder stays in place. It does take some practice drawing it out of the pocket. If you go this route get the extended clip version. It is surprisingly comfortable.
    BCC73 likes this.

I use NeoMag and they work great for me. Great access to my extra mag and I have good times on mag exchanges as well. They hold the mag very securely and the draw is nice and smooth. My only advice is, if you want the mag to sit lower in your pocket, get the extended mag holder. With the regular one, the base plate will sit right in line with the top of your pocket, the extended will bury it a little deeper in your pocket so you will not to be able to see the base plate at all. I'm sure they are not for everyone but they work great for me and they are pretty comfortable to wear.
    BCC73 likes this.
    CZ P-07
    CZ P-10c
    Sig P365
    Walther PPS

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Might consider one if the price comes way down. I normally carry 1-2 spare mags, and in these uncertain times, it would be nice to add an extra mag or two in the pocket.

Here's a version that's affordable

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HY8NR8B...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    BCC73 likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Sponsored Links