40 S&W to 10 mm

40 S&W to 10 mm

This is a discussion on 40 S&W to 10 mm within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I have dedicated reloading presses for various calibers. I acquired a Ruger GP 100 Match Champion 10 mm 6 shot. I have one press for ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Chuck R.
  • 1 Post By noylj

Thread: 40 S&W to 10 mm

40 S&W to 10 mm

I have dedicated reloading presses for various calibers. I acquired a Ruger GP 100 Match Champion 10 mm 6 shot. I have one press for 40 S&W.

The dies are identical. So apart from changing the type of pistol primer and powder and adjusting the dies for resizing, I should be good to go, right?

I have dedicated progressives for 9 mm, 40 S&W , 357 Magnum, 45 ACP, and a 44 Magnum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NRA, Lifetime Member

You're going to have to relook your OAL and the amount of taper crimp your using due to the difference in OAL between .40 and 10mm.

When I swap between .38SPCL-.357 and .44SPCL and .44MAG I use spacers under my belling (Powder die in Dillon speak), seating, and crimp dies to compensate. It saves a chitload of time adjusting dies.

See IF something like this is available:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012401468

Here's a decent article on .40-10mm:

https://ultimatereloader.com/2015/05...ngeover-setup/
    ETXhiker and CDRGlock like this.
    homo homini lupus est

For the cost, I would buy a die set dedicated to 10mm so I wouldn't have to re-adjust dies.
    If you have a case feeder, that longer cases might require a part swap.
    You'll need to adjust the powder die (up or down), the seating stem (up or down), and the crimp die (up or down). Not a big deal, but it is easier to me to simply have already adjusted dies for each cartridge.
    This is one reason why I love die bushings or tool heads...
    FLSlim likes this.

Sponsored Links