Sorted my "Misc" Brass

Sorted my "Misc" Brass

This is a discussion on Sorted my "Misc" Brass within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I just finished sorting through the coffee can I throw brass upon returning from the range. Normally, to find it's place in the coffee can, ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Old Man
  • 3 Post By Walk Soft
  • 2 Post By Old Man

Thread: Sorted my "Misc" Brass

Distinguished Member

Sorted my "Misc" Brass

I just finished sorting through the coffee can I throw brass upon returning from the range. Normally, to find it's place in the coffee can, it is brass which I shoot very little and over the course of a few years save up to dispose of or reload. This "catch all" container doesn't normally get anything that I regularly reload unless I'm being lazy. As I was chilling out killing time, I took the time to recall what I had been shooting that generated the empty brass. Some of it I had to think pretty hard about where it had come from, but in the end, I had recalled most. Here is some of what I found in it today that had accumulated.

.450 Marlin
    .300 Win Mag
    7mm Rem Mag
    .270 WSM
    .250 Savage
    7.62 x 54mm R
    .30-40 Krag
    8mm Mauser
    7.62 Arg Mauser
    .32 Win Special
    7x57 mm Mauser
    .303 British
    7.62 X 39 mm Russian
    .30 Carbine
    9 X 18 Makarov
    9 X 23mm Winchester
    .38-40 Winchester
    .357 Sig
    .30 Luger
    .38 Super
    .32 Auto
    .25 Auto
    7.62 Tokerev
    Tstone, airslot and Chuck R. like this.

Sorted my "Misc" Brass

Thatís a lot of variety. I pick up a lot of range brass and I rarely find anything other than 9mm,40, .223. Every now and the Iíll find 300BO, 357 Sig, .38 and 45. I need help sorting mine. I normally sell it for scrap, but I think Iím going to keep this bunch since the price of yellow brass is down and the price of ammo is up.
    airslot, Old Man and Chuck R. like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
    Thatís a lot of variety. I pick up a lot of range brass and I rarely find anything other than 9mm,40, .223. Every now and the Iíll find 300BO, 357 Sig, .38 and 45. I need help sorting mine. I normally sell it for scrap, but I think Iím going to keep this bunch since the price of yellow brass is down and the price of ammo is up.
    That's a lot of brass you have! I don't ever sell any, and so don't keep up with brass prices other than what new brass is going for, and it seems to be in short supply and very high at this time.

I will pick up .38 and .45, but leave the 9mm and .223 for others. I also will pick up a few of something I see that is not the norm, so hence the variety in my miscellaneous coffee can. The two outdoor ranges I normally use get a lot of variety as to what people are shooting, particularly at the rifle range.
    Walk Soft and airslot like this.

Sponsored Links