US court upholds ban on gun sales to marijuana card holders - Page 3

US court upholds ban on gun sales to marijuana card holders

This is a discussion on US court upholds ban on gun sales to marijuana card holders within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is this a hold up?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: US court upholds ban on gun sales to marijuana card holders

Is this a hold up?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Is this a hold up?
    Do you have your hold up permit?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomstick75 View Post
    Well my point was that what this lady cannot do, these criminals are going to do anyway. Same with trying to ban our weapons. It's the ones who follow the law that get punished. Criminals are criminals BECAUSE they don't give a flip about the law.
    Please......making your point with obvious facts really deters from the overall conversation about out 2A rights................please refrain from using simple facts....they are annoying

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    Do you have your hold up permit?
    Don't start with me Doogie. Is this a hold up or not?
    Doogie likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    How would I know?
    Well then obviously you don't...which is a 4th degree misdemeanor.....please surrender your weapons at your local PD and turn yourself in.

Good point...may be in her records at a state level or she answered that she uses marijuana.

here is a basic explanation: Ask the RGJ: Can you have both CCW permit and medical pot card?

apparently the ATF ruling was in 2011: Medical marijuana patients face 5-to-10 years in prison for owning a gun, says ATF | Westword
    So, are all the current gun owners with medical marijuana card in MJ-legal states going to turn-in their firearms now? This could get ugly very quickly, IMHO. It might be like in NY and CT firearm registration BS that was never enforced?

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baren View Post
    So, are all the current gun owners with medical marijuana card in MJ-legal states going to turn-in their firearms now? This could get ugly very quickly, IMHO. It might be like in NY and CT firearm registration BS that was never enforced?
    Maybe they will find that the better solution is to get rid of their card and buy their medical marijuana the old fashioned way.

So aside from the person just getting high. Say the person who needs it medically, so their telling us these people don't have a right to defend their lives??

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by patriotblazer View Post
    So aside from the person just getting high. Say the person who needs it medically, so their telling us these people don't have a right to defend their lives??

No what they are saying is that marijuana users don't have a right to purchase a firearm.

Ok got it. But I still feel it's wrong. If it's for medical use, then I don't see this person as an irresponsible individual.

Using Tapatalk

Ok got it. But I still feel it's wrong. If it's for medical use, then I don't see this person as an irresponsible individual.

It is simply a federal v states rights issue. The Feds simply refuse to waiver on their keeping marijuana illegal (even for proven medical benefits) as a scheduled drug. My guess is that the firearm purchase issue is the key point to the argument. They claim they don't enforce the marijuana laws but in reality they do as seen here.
    patriotblazer likes this.

A lot of the hysteria concerning marijuana comes from years of misinformation from the government such as the propaganda film "Reefer Madness".

Reality is that there are lots of products made from marijuana including oils, lotions, and others that are made from marijuana that has been cultivated to not get one high but still provide the components that treat various conditions. The list of conditions that are treated quite successfully with marijuana is large and growing. It is not just for glaucoma anymore and great success has been seen with stopping seizures, treating queasiness from cancer treatments, treating conditions associated with MS, treating IBS, and many many more conditions.

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    It is simply a federal v states rights issue. The Feds simply refuse to waiver on their keeping marijuana illegal (even for proven medical benefits) as a scheduled drug. My guess is that the firearm purchase issue is the key point to the argument. They claim they don't enforce the marijuana laws but in reality they do as seen here.
    Doogie gets it. This is not about marijuana or even this persons right to keep and bear. It is the feds exercising their muscle over the states on an issue that happens to be marijuana. It really is more about federal controls and states rights and these folks with pot cards are just in the cross hairs. Arguing about whether the feds think they don't also deserve to protect themselves is barking up a tree that doesn't exist.

So you feel that people that smoke weed are irresponsible...how do you feel about those that drink alcohol?

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    Doogie gets it. This is not about marijuana or even this persons right to keep and bear. It is the feds exercising their muscle over the states on an issue that happens to be marijuana. It really is more about federal controls and states rights and these folks with pot cards are just in the cross hairs. Arguing about whether the feds think they don't also deserve to protect themselves is barking up a tree that doesn't exist.
    Again the people with the pot cards are simply those people who are trying to be law abiding on the state level. While I don't agree with legalizing marijuana...I do know that chemo patients get great relief from cannabis. I know this because my wife used to sell anti nausea drugs for chemo therapy and the only alternative to the very expensive treatments that gave the really sick patients relief was in fact cannabis. This was 25 years ago. So the Feds KNOW that really sick people use cannabis to relieve pain. These people in an attempt to obey the law sign up for a pot card at the state level...then the Feds refuse to give them an allowance at NICS.

Typical Federal over reach. But I must admit...it is an over reach with no empathy for ill people. Kind of nasty if you ask me. We all know...nasty people suck. JMHO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links