Over 3 million Anti gun people belong to Everytown

This is a discussion on Over 3 million Anti gun people belong to Everytown within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just a simple public service announcement reminder. Just because we finally have a 2nd amendment President in the White House it does not mean we ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Over 3 million Anti gun people belong to Everytown

Distinguished Member

Just a simple public service announcement reminder.

Just because we finally have a 2nd amendment President in the White House it does not mean we can relax. It is now that our voices and our help are needed more than ever. We cannot waste a day or a week.

It appears to me that every statistic on this page is inflated, Gun Violence by the Numbers
    but this is what we are up against.

9 Organizations Making Progress Towards Gun Control - GreatNonprofits' Blog

Non-profit means Government funding in today's world of support groups. Will these non-profits fade on the horizon now that federal aid will likely get cut? NO

This is a list of pro-gun rights groups. Second Amendment Stuff - National Pro-Gun Organizations Nine versus 13 is pretty good but a few of the pro groups seem more sporting/hunting. Still very important assets.

It is estimated as 38,000 car fatalities in 2016. Estimated 15,057 gun fatalities in 2016. http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

https://www.saf.org/how-donald-trump...t-great-again/

Attachment 174810

And then there is this group of anti's.... http://www.wagc.com/
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs.

Mike Bloomberg has a lot of cash............this struggle will go on forever. The SCOTUS is the firewall.

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    It is estimated as 38,000 car fatalities in 2016. Estimated 1,787 gun fatalities in 2016.
    That can't be correct. Where did that come from?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    That can't be correct. Where did that come from?
    You are correct, so far 2017 on gun fatalities. Sorry. Gun Violence Archive

Correct is Past Summary Ledgers | Gun Violence Archive or well could be correct. 15,057 gun fatalities in 2016
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    The problem with numbers put out by these liberal idiots is that at the very least they include justifiable shootings in the numbers. To them it makes no difference if the perpetrator or victim gets shot when the only thing that should count is when the victim gets shot.

I also seriously doubt that 3 million number as well.
    Michael_Js and rcsoftexas like this.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

These number should be put into context. A listing of all other types of activities would be helpful.. As they stand, there is no perspective. Plus, in a population of 300 million I'm seeing some pretty small numbers.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frgood View Post
    These number should be put into context. A listing of all other types of activities would be helpful. As they stand, there is no perspective. Plus, in a population of 300 million I'm seeing some pretty small numbers.
    You are correct, pretty small numbers. Just trying to keep it simple. Gun kill fewer people than automobiles. By half. At least in 2016.

Every life matters but the gun anti's claim the evil is the gun as guns kill people.....pssst. We already know all the valid responses to this.

It would be great if you want to break the fatalities down into injuries, suicides, cripples, nonlife threatening. But all that I am concerned with are the fatalities the Anti's use to justify, rant and riot about while trying to take away our gun rights.
    NRA member 18 yrs.

I wonder where the 3 million comes from. They can barely get a million likes on Facebook. I'm thinking there is some liberal math involved here somewhere.
    rcsoftexas and craze like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

I've lived in Washington almost 70 years and I've not seen the violence the media hammers out everyday only heard about it and that through the media.
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frgood View Post
    These number should be put into context. A listing of all other types of activities would be helpful.. As they stand, there is no perspective. Plus, in a population of 300 million I'm seeing some pretty small numbers.
    From- Past Summary Ledgers | Gun Violence Archive
    The break down they are reporting for 2016

Home 2016
    Total Number of Incidents 58,205
    Number of Deaths1 15,057
    Number of Injuries1 30,603
    Number of Children (age 0-11)
    Killed or Injured1 671
    Number of Teens (age 12-17)
    Killed or Injured1 3,116
    Mass Shooting2 385
    Officer Involved Incident
    Officer Shot or Killed2 324
    Officer Involved Incident
    Subject-Suspect Shot or Killed2 1,917
    Home Invasion2 2,505
    Defensive Use2 1,886
    Unintentional Shooting2 2,192
    Gun violence and crime incidents are collected/validated from 2,000 sources daily – incidents and their source data are found at the gunviolencearchive.org website.

1: Actual number of deaths and injuries
    2: Number of INCIDENTS reported and verified

22,000 Annual Suicides not included on Daily Summary Ledger

Numbers on this table reflect a subset of all information
    collected and will not add to 100% of incidents.

(AS usual these disclaimers kind of throw a kink into it)

Gun Violence Archive www.facebook.com/gunviolencearchive

Data Validated: February 12, 2017
    Gun Violence Archive
    NRA member 18 yrs.

Everytown has 3M members? Sure never looks like that when they have a rally. Takes careful camera work to make the 25 people look like even a modest crowd.

Are they counting every time someone just breezes by their website as a "member"?

But then, facts don't matter to that crowd.

If it weren't for Bloomy, they'd have no existence, because they'd have no money.
    rcsoftexas, strider43 and Havok like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

We were able to catch our breath and gain some high ground Nov. 9th. That said, just look at all the hysterical liberal meltdowns taking place daily across the country. It doesn't matter if we have the law on our side; the highly charged liberal emotionalism is a factor with which we'll have to contend. We are in the right legally, bolstered by the Constitution, but the political pendulum is swinging more wildly in this past decade than at any other time in our history. We must fortify our position daily.

Support GOA. Support the NRA (even if you have to hold your nose). Support your local chapters. Stay ever more vigilant and don't let your guard down for a second.
    rcsoftexas, sdprof and Hoganbeg like this.

I've said it before and I'll reiterate: We won the battle against Hillary which is good but the war goes on. As far ahead as I can see right now we have two years in which to operate before we might start losing seats in congress at the mid-term elections. The time to move is now.

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I also seriously doubt that 3 million number as well.
    It's accurate but includes WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Iraq & Afg.
    Havok likes this.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    It's accurate but includes WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Iraq & Afg.
    What I was questioning was this, "Over 3 million Anti gun people belong to every town"
    2ndunamended likes this.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links