Breaking down the numbers on gun deaths - Page 2

Breaking down the numbers on gun deaths

This is a discussion on Breaking down the numbers on gun deaths within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You might want to check out the DOJ 2013 Gun Violence report from 1993-2011. It is a DOJ report Obama, AG and their progressive Bloomberg-MDA ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Breaking down the numbers on gun deaths

DOJ 2013 Gun Violence report

You might want to check out the DOJ 2013 Gun Violence report from 1993-2011. It is a DOJ report Obama, AG and their progressive Bloomberg-MDA pro-gun law groups never speak about.

Pg. 12, In 2007-11, there were 235,700 victimizations where the victim used a firearm to threaten or attack an offender (table
    11).
    * This doesn't support the Pro-gun law agenda that there are not many non-LEO gun owners using their firearms in self-defense. At least not on national news media coverage.

Pg. 13, Source of firearms possessed by state prison inmates at time of offense:
    Source
    Flea market 1997: 1.0% 2014: 0.6%
    Gun show 1997: 0.8% 2014: 0.8%

* This doesn't support the Pro-gun law agenda to close the evil gun show loopholes, less then 1%

Pg. 13, Possession of firearms by state and federal prison inmates at time of offense, by specific type of firearm, 1997 and

Specific type of firearm
    Single shot 1997 State: 9.9% Federal: 7.6% 2004 State: 7.5% Federal: 8.2%

Conventional
    semiautomatic 1997 State: 7.8% Federal:8.3% 2004 State:6.6% Federal:7.9%

Military-style
    semiautomatic or
    fully automatic 1997 State:1.5% Federal:1.7% 2004 State: 2.0% Federal:3.2%

Other 1997 State: 0.1% Federal:0.2% 2004 State:0.1% Federal:0.1%

* This doesn't support the Pro-gun law agenda on the either 10-rd magazine limit or evil semi-auto firearm, when revolvers are actually used more often, not by much, but still it is higher.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf
    G26Raven, farsidefan1 and sdprof like this.

It does fry the grey matter. So, 80% of the 60% of the solved murders are gang-related, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by baren View Post
    You might want to check out the DOJ 2013 Gun Violence report from 1993-2011. It is a DOJ report Obama, AG and their progressive Bloomberg-MDA pro-gun law groups never speak about.
    I've seen that report before. Also very interesting!
    baren likes this.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by baren View Post
    It does fry the grey matter. So, 80% of the 60% of the solved murders are gang-related, correct?
    I think you probably have to take these numbers as they are presented; i.e., 80% of the 10560 homicides are gang related. But don't take my word for it, I have always been math challenged.
    baren likes this.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I am sure there are many. But, of course, that's what they would call "anecdotal evidence" and "scientists" don't count that.
    True, yet that is a huge part of the equation! I don't carry a gun to be cool or as a decoration. I carry it because perceived benefits outweigh perceived costs.

If one only looks at costs, none of us should own cars. Unlike guns, I actually have known people killed driving cars, and innocent people killed by "cars" running red lights. Don't know anyone killed by a gun. With all the car-related and car-caused deaths, how can any moral person drive a car? But of course, driving cars has a benefit associated with it, and the "costs" can largely be managed by taking reasonable precautions.

Hard to do a cost/benefit analysis if the so-called scientist only looks at the costs.
    G26Raven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    One typo???
    First word- "Lets" should be "Let's."

There's my contribution to DC for the day.
    farsidefan1 likes this.

VIP Member
    Outstanding information baren. I couldn't resist. I had to print off all 28 pages for my gun file.I just couldn't find a page I wanted to skip. Also that study by the CDC that Obama forced through (even though they were not supposed to engage in that sort of study) referenced in the original turned out to be a MAJOR embarrassment for the Obama administration.

Every time the dude tried to resort to facts instead of emotional appeal it blew up in his and his disciples faces. Memo to Anitis, "DON'T STICK TO THE FACTS"' Ignore the famous words of Joe Friday "just the facts ma'am". Actually he said "all we want are the fact ma'am" but then why let facts get in the way of a good story?
    G26Raven likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

It is declining thus they would rather blame the gun itself...:)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links