Is The Second Amendment worth dying for?

This is a discussion on Is The Second Amendment worth dying for? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After FL School Shooting, Is The Second Amendment Worth Dying For? Great article in The Federalist. Are any of our God given rights worth dying ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Is The Second Amendment worth dying for?

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"

After FL School Shooting, Is The Second Amendment Worth Dying For?

Great article in The Federalist.

Are any of our God given rights worth dying for? Is our liberty in general, meaning our Constitution, worth dying for?

Those of us who have served have already answered that question for the most part, but to the rest of you I believe the time to ask yourself this (not in an internet chatroom sort of way) is fast approaching or most likely already here.

Consider this:
    We often say that the disarming of the people, and the militarization of internal security forces is a good indicator of tyranny. This is of course bourn out by history in a huge way, but it is not a cause. It is rather an effect that comes after a government has already become a tyranny. A government that is no longer accountable to the people, before the seizing of arms, or the curtailment of rights, or the elimination of a democratic element is a precondition. I am not talking about brazen moves like negating an election either legally or by military coup (we now have come very close to the former), but I am talking about when a government no longer follows it's own laws, and considers itself above the law. That is where we are. Scandal after scandal, federal law after federal law gets broken repeatedly and egregiously and no one is held accountable; not even when the evidence is overwhelming and the perpetrator refuses to answer questions about it because it would incriminate them! Whether it's some privilege invoked, the right of the 5th Amendment, or it's considered by the government itself to be confidential or "secret" there is always an excuse, and always a reason no one is held accountable for real crimes against the Republic. They don't eat their own, because we are at a point where almost everyone is guilty of something. THAT, my friends, that point at which there is one set of rules for the people and another for the rulers is where the rubber meets the road and the government is ALREADY a tyranny. You can call it corruption, or dysfunction, or any myriad of names that don't rhyme with tyranny, but it's tyranny in fact, and it is the precondition that leads to all the other stuff of nightmares that so many believe can't happen here by some magical force that keeps human nature at bay within our borders.

If they wanted to eliminate our rights and restrict our liberties they should have done it 50 years ago when their crimes and cover-ups were small. Now that they are so huge and far reaching, and they continue to grow, the canary has been dead long enough to start to stink. It isn't a matter of it being a conspiracy or secret. Everything is wide out in the open and no one pays any price. You think that's going to make them bolder or more timid? The balloon hasn't gone up, but we're already there. We either work tirelessly and get it back under control now, or all that nightmare stuff is inevitable. Don't pretend that it will be met with boos and hisses either. The destruction of liberty is more often met with cheering and thunderous applause than anything else.

There are 320,000,000 people here. 1% of that is significantly larger than the entire personnel of the US armed forces active and reserve. Over 7% of the population have taken the oath. Do the math.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Yes.
    sgb, Gabill and Infraredsight like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Our forefathers thought so and so does our military.....how about you ?
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Molon Labe.
    sgb, Doogie, duane_wade_1 and 2 others like this.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Liberty is certainly worth dying for, and I equate the 2A with liberty, so the answer is yes.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

The tree needs watering and our system of gov needs a correction.
    sgb, airslot, MMinSC and 4 others like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

sgb
    Absolutely.................... and to the gun grabbers out there reading this, are YOU personally willing to be the one to come and try and take my 2nd amendment away?
    matthew03, airslot and NECCdude like this.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees, regardless of who the would-be master demanding subservience might be, messiah, tyrant, or fellow citizens.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

2A is merely the first domino in the potential collapse of this country. One push and all the dominoes will fall.
    Doogie, sgb, GMax and 13 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

There are 320,000,000 people here. 1% of that is significantly larger than the entire personnel of the US armed forces active and reserve. Over 7% of the population have taken the oath. Do the math.

Oh you can bet many in DC have done the math. @OldVet for the truth. If the 2A goes.....the rest are right behind. So, YES!
    PhaedrusIV and matthew03 like this.

"The destruction of liberty is more often met with cheering and thunderous applause than anything else. "

This has so often been the case down through history. And those who do this have a name: the Useful Idiots [thanks to Lenin]. While they may cheer and welcome the loss of liberty, they will end up the same way as those who resist... feeding the worms and pushing up daisies.

The most evil entity ever devised by Man is government. But its existence is part of the human condition so it behooves us to always remain vigilant and never give up those tools that holds them in check.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    They disarm us, they own us....OMO.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees, regardless of who the would-be master demanding subservience might be, messiah, tyrant, or fellow citizens.
    The quote in your signature is spot on.
    "The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principle upon which it was founded."

Yes. First thing that came to mind is, "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    "The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principle upon which it was founded."

Distinguished Member
    Hell yes.
    matthew03 likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links