Here is one for you. Get ready to get mad.

This is a discussion on Here is one for you. Get ready to get mad. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My modern sporting rifle is not protected by the second amendment. Apparently. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-rules-n724106 Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Here is one for you. Get ready to get mad.

My modern sporting rifle is not protected by the second amendment. Apparently. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-rules-n724106

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    CG11 likes this.

VIP Member
    Why would we get mad by what the Fourth Circuit says about guns? SCOTUS, it seems, is done saying anything at all on the subject.
    Holmes375 and Phaedrus like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Why would we get mad by what the Fourth Circuit says about guns? SCOTUS, it seems, is done saying anything at all on the subject.
    Because its a step in the wrong direction, regardless.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Weapon of war? Which army is outfitting their military with AR15s? I am so sick of the perversion of "assault weapon" when the people that throw that term around cannot even define it. When asked to define it they will simple state AR15, AK47, etc. If you push them to explain it in objective terms that could be applied you will usually get the response of "I'll know it when I see it". They just do not get that is it about cosmetics.

Either both of these are assault rifles or neither is
    Last edited by Psycho41; February 23rd, 2018 at 12:15 AM.
    airslot, msgt/ret, OlCop and 4 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    All these judges need to be forced into going to way carrying only an AR15 then let us see them call it a "weapon of war"
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

My .50-70 Trapdoor Springfield is also a weapon of war.

Is the article linked actually a year old or just misdated?
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Interesting that they used the phrase: "weapons of war" without setting a time parameter for when it was/is a "weapon of war." Without a time context all guns, swords, long knives, arrows, and even big sticks are "weapons of war."

The 2A doesn't have any exceptions or exclusions. So, their decision was based on their personal beliefs and not the Constitution.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

It is disgraceful that a body charged with defining law can be so ignorant of it.
    airslot, msgt/ret, OlCop and 2 others like this.

Here is what I don’t understand. So if an AR is an “assault rifle” and “weapon of war”, and in US vs Miller SCOTUS ruled that 2A protects weapons used in a militia, then how is this not going against the SCOTUS ruling? Aside from the obvious of course, which is because they don’t care and have no problem taking their chances until they are told to reverse it, because they know there are no penalties.
    We get the government we deserve.

It could be worse. An Aussie police superintendent (not an elected office) decided a bolt action rifle in a modern chassis looked scary and ordered all of them in his district be turned in. I would have turned in the chassis and mounted the rifle on wood because wood isn't scary.. That, or pink paint.
    https://www.beatonfirearms.com.au/po...ry-appearance/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Interesting that they used the phrase: "weapons of war" without setting a time parameter for when it was/is a "weapon of war." Without a time context all guns, swords, long knives, arrows, and even big sticks are "weapons of war."

The 2A doesn't have any exceptions or exclusions. So, their decision was based on their personal beliefs and not the Constitution.
    Judges today are nothing more than lawyers in bath robes. No real sense of obligation to a higher principle.
    wizard7mm08, airslot and msgt/ret like this.

I wander if Judges take into consideration just who the 2nd Amendment is meant to protect us from.

On second thought I think they most certainly do.
    airslot likes this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

The judges are completely wrong about this and need to do their homework better. The Founders DID want We the People to be armed with weapons* that were the equivalent to those in use by the standing army. This would mean that we should be able to keep and bear M16's and M4's, which are commonly in use by the military. I would refer these judges to the United States vs Miller case.

* The word "arms" as used in the Second Amendment meant weapons that were capable of being carried "on or about the person".
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    I wander if Judges take into consideration just who the 2nd Amendment is meant to protect us from.

On second thought I think they most certainly do.
    Old lawyer/judge joke. How can you tell the judge from the lawyers in a room? The judge is the one that remains seated when the siren goes by the building.

Successful lawyers stay in law for the money, unsuccessful lawyers become judges for the power.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links