Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out - Page 2

Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out

This is a discussion on Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by sammeow For some it’s any excuse to leave class and hang with friends. Next month it will be to support the South ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    For some it’s any excuse to leave class and hang with friends.

Next month it will be to support the South Gobi Desert Gerbil.
    Are you saying you don't support the poor, innocent gerbils? How crass.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    If the district approved the anti 2A, they should darn sure approve the pro 2A, or someone should be called to answer. Or just ban all these walkouts during school hours and be done with it!
    This is right down the road from me. I am glad they are doing it. It looks to me that more are walking out on the pro side, than the anti side, its good to see.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    I beleave that anything that involves kids viewing guns as good , is most definitely a great thing , we all know how the media attempts to make guns and the use of guns in any form as evil,

If they are going allow one side to protest they sure better allow the protests for both sides

I'll bet this pro 2nd protest gets little News coverage compared to the anti 2nd ...

Here is a picture from the local paper 12-18 year olds enjoying a school sponsored event ,

Who would have thought it possible, kids having fun enjoying a shooting sport..
    No, no ! Look - they're murdering each other ! Guns BAD !
    gasmitty likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johndp1911 View Post
    I strongly support the pro 2A walk out. If the anti's were allowed then the pro's should be allowed. Good on the kids willing to make their voices heard and not being like the others begging for their own rights to be stripped of them. It's refreshing to see free thinking youth
    Amen!!!!
    I wholeheartedly agree!!!
    We need a million person 2nd amendment march straight to the Capitol!
    johndp1911 and The Old Anglo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    For some it’s any excuse to leave class and hang with friends.

Next month it will be to support the South Gobi Desert Gerbil.
    Heck, there will probably be plenty of them who walked out to protest guns who will now walk out to support the 2A.

flh
    18 year old Will Riley

“Every year an estimated 1.5 million Americans use a firearm to defend themselves,” Riley said. “During a 16 minute walkout, that breaks down to 91 American lives saved during the walkout. We want Americans to know that firearms are overwhelmingly used for good in our country.

Now that is a great statement Will Riley

The above was from post #11 @OldVet

The Greatest Lesson I Have Learned in Life is that I still have a lot to Learn

VIP Member
    Well, FLNBC didn't cover it, SO I guess it DIDN'T HAPPEN!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I Support these young Kids who have Not drank from the Cool-Aid bottle of liberalism. My Heartfelt Kudo`s to Them!!. Liberalism is a True Mental Health Issue!!.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Im not going to support them leaving school just because they are pro 2A. I still think they need to be doing this on their own time. They are there to get an education.
    Kids in our district did it on their lunch break, with the support of administration.

https://www.marionstar.com/story/new...ent/573583002/
    Havok and Pete63 like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Students at a High School in Michigan plan a walk out today in support of gun rights.
    https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...rom=new-cookie
    In March, about twenty students from the district we live walked out of class in support of the ongoing demands for gun control. Today, about 150 walked out on their own time in support of the Second Amendment: https://www.marionstar.com/story/new...ent/573583002/
    OldVet, gasmitty and Pete63 like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Kids in our district did it on their lunch break, with the support of administration.

https://www.marionstar.com/story/new...ent/573583002/
    I can get on board with that.
    We get the government we deserve.

Im not going to support them leaving school just because they are pro 2A. I still think they need to be doing this on their own time. They are there to get an education.
    I agree, but protests and walkouts will continue to happen as long as teachers condone it. The initial leftist protests get supported by the teachers, because they agree with it, and justify that "it's only one day" of disturbance (plus a week of preparation they conveniently ignore).

Every leftist protest needs to be countered with a conservative one. Another day of disruption, plus another week of planning to keep the school safe.

Once the teachers have the "aha!" moment that a leftist protest will be followed by a conservative one, effectively taking up all their time for 2 weeks, they'll push to end the school districts supporting this nonsense. Unless conservatives push back now, the protest fad will lock in as a perpetual norm.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    Havok and Hoganbeg like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    I agree, but protests and walkouts will continue to happen as long as teachers condone it. The initial leftist protests get supported by the teachers, because they agree with it, and justify that "it's only one day" of disturbance (plus a week of preparation they conveniently ignore).

Every leftist protest needs to be countered with a conservative one. Another day of disruption, plus another week of planning to keep the school safe.

Once the teachers have the "aha!" moment that a leftist protest will be followed by a conservative one, effectively taking up all their time for 2 weeks, they'll push to end the school districts supporting this nonsense. Unless conservatives push back now, the protest fad will lock in as a perpetual norm.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    I dont think the desire for a conservative protest will prevent a liberal protest. Some schools will be ok with both, some schools will be ok with neither, and some schools will simply allow the one they want. If the kids want to do a protest on their own time, like in Mike1956's post, then cool. During class? Thats not what my tax money is for, regardless of their stance. I wonder out of the pro 2a rallys that took place across the country, how many of the people who participated also participated in the anti 2a rally(if there was one at their school), or how many people actually care about anything other than getting out of class. I was in school once. Kids aren't as creative as they think.
    We get the government we deserve.

During class? Thats not what my tax money is for, regardless of their stance.
    Our tax money is for indoctrinating kids to views 180 degrees from our own. Any and every effort that runs counter to that should be supported. In most public schools, we'd be better off paying for the teachers to sit in empty classrooms, all day every day, than to have them "teach."
    Havok likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Distinguished Member Array BMcPhe44's Avatar
    I dont think the desire for a conservative protest will prevent a liberal protest. Some schools will be ok with both, some schools will be ok with neither, and some schools will simply allow the one they want. If the kids want to do a protest on their own time, like in Mike1956's post, then cool. During class? Thats not what my tax money is for, regardless of their stance. I wonder out of the pro 2a rallys that took place across the country, how many of the people who participated also participated in the anti 2a rally(if there was one at their school), or how many people actually care about anything other than getting out of class. I was in school once. Kids aren't as creative as they think.
    Havoc I agree with you about letting kids out of school for "any" political protest. I will point out that this young man (Will Riley) who organized this protest made it a point to say that one of the reasons he chose to do it was to see if those schools who allowed the first anti protest would allow this second pro demonstration.

Will appeared on Fox Business on the Cavuto show today and I wish they would put the video on YouTube so we could post it. He is an excellent spokesperson for the BOR from his age group. He made quite an impression on Cavuto who is not anti but is not really pro either. I was glad to see that we have someone so polished while being so young (18) speaking up for our freedoms.
    maxwell97, Havok and Pete63 like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

{NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links